Hello, and Pleased to Meet You!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello, and Pleased to Meet You!

Postby jlfranklin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 am

Hello, hello, hello! Please, feel free to call me Josh! I'm a writer by passion, and am on my way to becoming an author, and hopefully a writer, director and voice actor for animated film! I absolutely love music (my iPod is a Las Vegas style all-you-can-eat-buffet of tunes!) I'm an avid reader, and abusive tea drinker! I'm a huge nerd; a love of anime, tokusatsu and all things geek (see, I've got sooooo many fandoms I'm apart of! But anything otaku draws me in the most!)! Upbeat, quite carefree and of a laid-back disposition, I have on odd sense of humor, and a tendency to pepper my everyday language with character voices, and British slang and spellings!

I've been here before a few years ago, and I knew this was really cool! A place where Christians could gather and talk about otaku stuff! Now I'm finally registering! Hehehe! I'm quite excited to meet you all, and share my reviews! Take care!
Any such individual reality can be perceived by others as nothing more than being imagination. This changes when said imagination, opens to embrace a certain degree of widespread awareness. At that stage, it has the potential to be perceived by anyone, as reality. — Oshii Mamoru (Assault Girls)

What may seem like an unworthy cause to you, is more than enough reason for me. -- Yasutora Sado (BLEACH)

A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected. -- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
jlfranklin

Re: Hello, and Pleased to Meet You!

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey welcome! :) What other fandoms are you in? Also TEA YES. Tea is better than coffee. xD
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby jlfranklin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:27 am

YES! Tea IS better than coffee! So as for fandoms, I love love LOVE sci-fi! I used to be a HUGE fantasy nut (I still am, but as I've gotten older, I've leaned more towards urban fantasy as opposed to high-fantasy), but as time when on I started leaning more towards sci-fi. I also have a thing for zombies! I keep thinking about how it would be to live in the zombie apocalypse! When you really sit down and think about it, you realize that its really, really scary! It sounds like fun on paper, but deep down inside, I think we know that it wouldn't be as fun as we'd like it to be!

Aside from that I'm a marital arts movie fan (started off with Bruce Lee movies and moved on from there!), I'm K-drama crazy and I a Priest in the Church of Karate Bugmen (which means, I love tokusatsu! If you don't know what it is....you seriously gotta look it up!)
Any such individual reality can be perceived by others as nothing more than being imagination. This changes when said imagination, opens to embrace a certain degree of widespread awareness. At that stage, it has the potential to be perceived by anyone, as reality. — Oshii Mamoru (Assault Girls)

What may seem like an unworthy cause to you, is more than enough reason for me. -- Yasutora Sado (BLEACH)

A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected. -- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
jlfranklin

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi jlfranklin. Image
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby jlfranklin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 am

Lilac#18 wrote:Hi jlfranklin. Image

Howdy! ^-^

jlfranklin

Postby Kraavdran » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 am

jlfranklin, Hello and welcome!

I would ask you questions, but I noticed you have a Q&A page. I'll post questions there.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:32 am

Welcome, welcome.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:34 am

Welcome and hello. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Kilvakar » Mon May 11, 2015 11:40 am

Yo, this is late, but welcome! :D
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Welcome :D What kind of music and anime do you like? What kind of stuff do you write? :O
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby jlfranklin » Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 am

Makachop^^128 wrote:Welcome :D What kind of music and anime do you like? What kind of stuff do you write? :O

Oh gosh, this is sooooo late! Okay! I listen to ALL kinds of music actually, but lately I've been listening to a lot of uplifting trance and trailer music! Here are a few of my favorite songs:

1.) Cosmic Gate with Alexander Popov & Jannika - Shine Forever

2.) Two Steps From Hell - For the Win

3.) August Burns Red - Consumer

4.) Pegboard Nerds ft. Elizaveta - Hero (Da Tweekaz 'Guitar Hero' Mix)

Anime. Anime. ANIME! Okay....hmmmm.....well, I don't know what my favorite type is! I mean, I've really been getting into horror anime lately, because my best friend LOVES horror anime (he likes violent, bloody anime; but not over the top like Fist of the North Star). I like mech anime, fantasy anime, sci-fi fantasy anime.....and I'll be honest....I love me some moe! <3 When I was in college, my classmates teased me; they called me the Priest of Moe.

As for stories, I write a lot of sci-fi and fantasy! I've noticed though, that a lot of what I write is starting to lean towards Final Fantasy and JRPGs in general.....

What about yourself? Favorite songs? Favorite styles of music? Favorite anime?

jlfranklin

Postby FourFourSeven » Wed May 20, 2015 7:22 am

Welcome to the Alliance, jlfranklin!

...........................What's your favorite brand of DVD-RW discs?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Sheenar » Wed May 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Welcome! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Who's Who