Howdy

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Howdy

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:45 am

Hello all, I'm new here.

My name's Matt. Here's an executive summary of my life: I am a - Christian. Dad of 4. Husband. Conservative. Beard Aficionado. Blogger. Professional Engineer. Star Wars Fan. General Dork.

Want to know more? Here's a little more as a spoiler:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: MDMRN is an environmental engineer from Maryland. He's a conservative blogger who likes to talk about Maryland politics, religion, and general dorky topics. He is a Southern Baptist who occasionally preaches. He has been married since 2007 and is the father of four wonderful children. MDMRN also has a pretty serious beard. Current favorite anime? Your Lie in April

Anyway, interested in meeting new Christians who are into anime. So, here I am.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Re: Howdy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 am

Welcome, welcome.

BEARDS. I can never turn away a new member who claims to sport an impressive beard. Impressive beards are the best. You have passed the first trial. Continue onward through the monochromatic portal to the next 437 trials. If you manage to overcome them and arrive in one piece on the other side, you are officially one of us. Congrats!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby mdmrn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:12 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome.

BEARDS. I can never turn away a new member who claims to sport an impressive beard. Impressive beards are the best. You have passed the first trial. Continue onward through the monochromatic portal to the next 437 trials. If you manage to overcome them and arrive in one piece on the other side, you are officially one of us. Congrats!

Why thank you. I do have quite the beard. Exhibit A in my wildly accurate t-shirt:
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Hello! o_o/

What other anime did you like?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Hey what's up! Welcome to CAA!

Sorry, man, I just don't understand all the hype over beards right now...just don't get it. Beards and flat brimmed hats--just don't get it.

Anyways its cool to have another Star Wars fan around here!

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Do you read the books at all?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 am

MomentOfInertia wrote:Hello! o_o/

What other anime did you like?

I like Your Lie in April, Aldnoah.Zero, Digi Charat, Chi's Sweet Home (which I watch with my kids), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop...Those I'd say are my favorites.
Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey what's up! Welcome to CAA!

Sorry, man, I just don't understand all the hype over beards right now...just don't get it. Beards and flat brimmed hats--just don't get it.

Anyways its cool to have another Star Wars fan around here!

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Do you read the books at all?

Favorite character? Hard to say. As a kid, it was Boba Fett cause he looked cool. That's not a good enough reason, though. As an adult, it's Han Solo and Obi-wan Kenobi. Solo has so much depth of character from A New Hope to Jedi that he's awesome. Kenobi just...what can I say, he's great.

Yes, I read a handful of the EU back when it was an EU before being transferred to "Legends" status. Personal favorites? Thrawn Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire (favorite of favorites), I, Jedi.

Regarding beards? I've had a beard since I was capable of growing one at around 20 with some small periods of beardlessness & a few moments where I tried mutton chops. So, basically, for the better part of the past 11-12 yrs, I've had a beard. Not a beard fad guy, just a dude who has always loved his facial hair!
MDMRN
mdmrn

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:34 am

Welcome to the Colosseum! Will you survive??? Btw, awesome beard. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:59 am

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Welcome to the Colosseum! Will you survive??? Btw, awesome beard. :)

I hope to survive & thank you. I enjoy being bearded. Going without it...is weird. My face always feels everything more intensely (heat, cold, etc). I don't like it!
MDMRN
mdmrn

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:36 am

mdmrn wrote:Favorite character? Hard to say. As a kid, it was Boba Fett cause he looked cool. That's not a good enough reason, though. As an adult, it's Han Solo and Obi-wan Kenobi. Solo has so much depth of character from A New Hope to Jedi that he's awesome. Kenobi just...what can I say, he's great.

For me, Obi-wan is number one. Either Luke or Han is my second favorite. I can't decide between the two of them.

mdmrn wrote:Yes, I read a handful of the EU back when it was an EU before being transferred to "Legends" status. Personal favorites? Thrawn Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire (favorite of favorites), I, Jedi.

I've only recently started reading Star Wars books, but the Thrawn Trilogy seems pretty epic so far. I'm currently (very slowly) reading Dark Force Rising, and its pretty good up to this point.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby mdmrn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:01 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:
mdmrn wrote:Favorite character? Hard to say. As a kid, it was Boba Fett cause he looked cool. That's not a good enough reason, though. As an adult, it's Han Solo and Obi-wan Kenobi. Solo has so much depth of character from A New Hope to Jedi that he's awesome. Kenobi just...what can I say, he's great.

For me, Obi-wan is number one. Either Luke or Han is my second favorite. I can't decide between the two of them.

mdmrn wrote:Yes, I read a handful of the EU back when it was an EU before being transferred to "Legends" status. Personal favorites? Thrawn Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire (favorite of favorites), I, Jedi.

I've only recently started reading Star Wars books, but the Thrawn Trilogy seems pretty epic so far. I'm currently (very slowly) reading Dark Force Rising, and its pretty good up to this point.

Very cool. Thrawn Trilogy was great, as I mentioned. I didn't read a lot of EU books, but might I recommend - Darth Plagueis. Again, none of this is canon at present, but the Darth Plagueis novel is very well written and expands a lot on Palpatine's past, training as a Sith, and his master Darth Plagueis.
MDMRN
mdmrn

Postby Sheenar » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 am

Welcome! Glad you have joined us! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi, mdmrn. Image
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby mdmrn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 am

Sheenar wrote:Welcome! Glad you have joined us! :)

Lilac#18 wrote:Hi, mdmrn. Image

Hi! Thanks for the welcoming!
MDMRN
mdmrn

Return to Who's Who