Introducing...ME!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Introducing...ME!

Postby Hopechick » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 am

Foreword: I am a firm supporter of the Oxford Comma.

Hey! So excited to have found a Christian anime forum!

I've been into anime since my best friend first introduced me to it last spring. She said I had to at least watch ONE episode of Ouran. I consented and by the afternoon we had watched...11. I've been obsessed ever since!

It's kind of hard to explain my denomination... Up until 3 years ago I attended a very loose Alliance church, but when my family moved we decided to go with a Baptist church due to all the stuff that was going on with the Alliance about female elders. I would describe myself as a "Bapticostal". I like a good solid Baptist sermon with all the fellowship and potlucks, but I'd much prefer a Pentecostal worship service.

I LOVE kids and believe that God is calling me to the field of child evangelism. This summer I hope to participate in the CYIA program (Christian Youth In Action).

Three Facts About Me: 1). I have been homeschooled my entire life. 2). I am a prominent member in my local Air Cadet Squadron. -Yay! Drill!
3). I used to sing on my church's worship team but had to quit because I was involved in too many things.

Some of my random favourites, the colour teal, white horses, wolves, owls, and history -especially Greek mythology, FYI: I liked it BEFORE it was cool! ;-)

I have a lot of hobbies (basically whatever I feel like at the moment) which include writing poetry, drawing manga, crocheting, climbing trees and jumping in the creek! I go barefoot whenever I possibly can, and sometimes wish that I was in the '70's just so that I wouldn't be the only one who thinks that flowy skirts, moccasins, and fringe vests are awesome.

So...yeah. That's me! If you want you can stop reading here. Well, technically you could have stopped reading at any point that you wanted...but you didn't! So thank you! Anyway, the rest of this post is just a list of all the anime I've seen and my quick thoughts on them.

[Completed]
~Amnesia -Loved it!! :-D The soundtrack was phenomenal and the art...don't get me started on the ART! <3
~Clannad/Clannad Afterstory -The first one was ok, but I liked the second one a lot better, I'm rewatching it with my little sister now.
~Fruits Basket -I also read the manga, which was SO much better than the anime, although I loved both!
~Full Metal Panic/Second Raid/Fumoffu -I liked the first one; and Fumoffu was pretty cute, but Second Raid was a little bit too...iffy.
~Fullmetal Alchemist/The Conqueror of Shamballa/Brotherhood -Currently my favourite anime! I was really annoyed with Brotherhood at first since I had expected a sequel instead of a remake. But once I wiki-searched the series and got all the versions straightened became just as (if not more) obsessed with it as the first. :-D (Now reading through the manga!!)
~Hetalia Axis Powers -A non-Christian friend recommended this to me, playing up how hilarious it was (which, admittedly, it was) but they neglected to mention how foul-mouthed everyone is... But, as a MAJOR history freak, I stuck it out to the end.
~Inu X Boku SS -No comment really. It was funny, had good art, but doesn't really stick out too much.
~Kaichou wa Maid-sama! -Loved this anime! It was one of the first I watched and I was not disappointed!
~Kamisama Hajimemashita -I loved the art in this one! The storyline was really cute and interesting as well.
~Kuroshitsuji 1 & 2 (AKA Black Butler) -This one I took with a grain of salt. It actually kind of became a game to see how much I could point out was wrong with this anime from a theological point of view. But other than that, it was a pretty thrilling anime, I'll admit that I enjoyed both seasons.
~Onegai! Twins (AKA Twins Please!) -Cute storyline with a good balance of drama and humour. It was one of my favourites for a while.
~Ouran Koukou Host Club (AKA Ouran High School Host Club) -I watched this one in dubbed, and even though I HATED the theme song with all of my heart and soul, I loved the character development and storylines.
~Sword Art Online 1 & 2 -OH. MY. GOODNESS. Now, maybe I'm biased because this was my second anime (also the first one I'd seen in subs), but can I just say that I loved it SOOOO much? The first and last story-arcs were my favourites, the second one was kind of "weird", but the rest were alright. And while the whole series was great the first time around, I always skip over Alfheim when I'm rewatching it.

[Dropped]
~Air -I had some good expectations for this anime...which were quickly dropped, along with the series. I got to the 11th out of 13 episodes and just couldn't stand it anymore.
~Death Note -I tried watching this pretty early on in my anime obsession. I found the whole demon thing a bit weird and stopped after a few episodes. But now, having seen Kuroshitsuji, I could PROBABLY handle it... ;-)
~Fate/Zero -Well, I wouldn't say I've dropped it per se. More like, suspended it indefinitely? The premise seems pretty solid, and the art was ok, but it just didn't grab my attention like other anime.
~Hetalia World Series -Yeah...I just couldn't stand all the swearing and crude jokes anymore. The occasional cuss and innuendo can be ignored, but EVERY OTHER WORD IN THE SCRIPT??? Give me a break. :-\
~Shakugan no Shana -Hmm...I guess it was the giant man-eating baby that kind of turned me off of this one.
~Watamote -Biggest. Mistake. Ever. I think I suffered through about four episodes of this one before raging "Enough already!!"
~Hopechick~
***Proud Sponsor of Raxicoricofallapatorius and Associates***

Find rest O my soul in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
Psalm 62:5

**Avatar credit to Hylia -Deviantart-**
Hopechick

Re: Introducing...ME!

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like Air. I watched the whole thing but when that dude died and went back in time but was a bird I kinda just threw my hands up and said "I don't know, anime, I just don't know."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Xeno » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 pm

There is a distinct lack of mecha anime on this list that needs to be rectified immediately. A full round of Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and Gunbuster should do the trick.
Xeno

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:19 am

Oh! Person! Hey!
Welcome, welcome. Your personal description choice as far as denomination intrigues me. We should chat. *gasp* ANOTHER HOMESCHOOLER. Welcome, my friend.
You need to watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I command it. I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed. Maybe you will. I don't know. But you have to watch it.
While I forgave Air for being horrible and saw it through to the end because I loved Yukito, I completely understand your having dropped it. And I share your sentiments completely as far as Hetalia. I only watched one episode before deciding that was enough for me.
*gasp* SOMEONE ELSE WHO DIDN'T FINISH DEATH NOTE. FINALLY. I have gotten so much grief for not enjoying or finishing Death Note. It just...did not excite me. I actually can't believe there's another person who dropped it.
Anyways, enough of my rambling. Welcome, it's nice to meet you, sorry I'm so late in welcoming you, and I hope we see you around tons and a half. Confettti!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby WorldsTraveler » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Welcome~

I have also been homeschooled all my life. I loved it! History was especially great. Since we could choose our own curriculum, I got to learn about Egypt, Greece, and Rome through picture books and novels. It was so much more fun than textbooks and I felt like I really got to know the times and culture.

I’m glad I found another person who appreciates bohemian-style clothing. I practically live in flowy skirts during the summer. I’ve missed them so much this winter! (At least I get to wear the fringed capes without overheating, right?)

Sounds like you’ve covered a lot of ground in exploring the wide world of anime so far. Ooh, since you like Greek history, have you read the manga Olimpos? It’s a different interpretation of their mythology, but it’s witty and very thought-provoking.

Hope you have fun on the forums. Everyone’s friendly here and there is plenty to read, so enjoy!
WorldsTraveler

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:47 pm

B̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶a̶t̶e̶/̶Z̶e̶r̶o̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶h̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶
r̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.̶

lol, welcome to CAA! Hope you have a good time here.

Out of the ones you listed, I've seen FMA, Death Note, Fate/Zero, and Sword Art Online (haven't seen SAO II, though)--all of which I thought were pretty solid (SAO definitely less than the others, but it's still good). I plan to watch Amnesia (mainly cause I like the art), Black Butler, and Full Metal Panic eventually.

Hopechick wrote:~Shakugan no Shana -........giant man-eating baby...........................

Alright, add that to the ones I plan to watch.

Anyways, what kinda music are you into?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Hopechick wrote:2). I am a prominent member in my local Air Cadet Squadron. -Yay! Drill!

You. I like you. Personally I miss the days of frightening small children and trying to beat the pinball high score on the Senior's lounge computer.

Anyways, it's always excellent to see fellow Canadians on this site. Which province might you hail from?
Last edited by Crossfire on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Hopechick » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:26 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:Anyways, what kinda music are you into?

Quick answer to that: Japanese rock! I like rock in general, but it's hard to find appropriate bands so I mainly just download the full versions of anime themes. :-\ Although, a friend told me that Breaking Benjamin isn't too bad, so I'll probably check them out. :-) I can also be found listening to Christian contemporary, and old "soda-shop" classics.

Some bands/singers that I've liked over the years (don't judge ;-p )...
*Celtic Woman
*Newsboys
*DCTalk
*Skillet (though I haven't heard many of their songs)
*V'ienna
*[Insert people that I forgot about here]
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby FourFourSeven » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Oy, welcome!

Out of all the titles in your "Dropped" list, which one would you most likely consider strapping to a rocket and launching it straight into the sun?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Hopechick » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Watamote. Didn't even have to think about it. That was my biggest anime mistake EVER. -_- The other series' just weren't for me, whereas I like to think that the creators of Watamote were like "hey, let's just create the worlds worst anime ever! Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all!"
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby Xeno » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Hopechick wrote:*[Insert people that I forgot about here]

Ah, I see you're a fan of BABYMETAL as well.
Xeno

Postby Hopechick » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Haha! Well, I've never thought of it that way before...
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:10 am

Welcome!

Hopechick wrote:
Some of my random favourites, .... history -especially Greek mythology, FYI: I liked it BEFORE it was cool! ;-)

When has Greek mythology ever been not cool? :)

Xeno wrote:There is a distinct lack of mecha anime on this list that needs to be rectified immediately. A full round of Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and Gunbuster should do the trick.

++1
Sammy Boy

Postby Hopechick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:When has Greek mythology ever been not cool? :)

Good point! After all, even the Romans thought it was cool! ;-)
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi welcome! ^_^ I was home schooled too so hey fellow home schooler :D
DUUUDE watch World Series subbed. I never watched World Series dubbed, but the subbed Hetalia is always a lot cleaner. This is highly recommended. Beautiful World is better than World series, too, so don't stop yet! XD
But yeah... welcome! :3
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:54 am

Welcome! And yet another homeschooler! Yes! And you like wolves and FMA and Greek mythology! I do hope you enjoy yourself here my friend. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Hopechick » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm not sure if there are a lot of homeschoolers on this website, or if they're just the only ones brave enough to talk to me. xD
~Hopechick~

Hopechick

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 am

Welcome! I too am also a homeschooler! I'm excited to meet others.

I sang on my church's worship band as well (but not anymore), so very cool!
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi, Hopechick. Image
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Return to Who's Who