I'm Done Lurking and Ready to Post!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I'm Done Lurking and Ready to Post!

Postby Fantasia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm glad to be here.

After lurking here for much longer than I planned, I have finally decided to become active and start interacting with the community. Since many anime websites have content I am uncomfortable with, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered CAA. It's great that a place exists where we can discuss our interests and hobbies among people who are supportive of our beliefs.

Though my username sounds rather feminine, I'm actually a guy (I just thought the word Fantasia sounded cool). I am a Christian anime fan who also enjoys Nintendo games and animation in general. My favorite genre of anime is slice of life, but I have a hard time choosing a single favorite anime. My favorite cartoons are The Legend of Korra and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. My favorite video games at the moment are Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

If you have any questions about me, ask away! I would be happy to answer them. I look forward to discussing anime and other topics with all of you.
Fantasia

Re: I'm Done Lurking and Ready to Post!

Postby shooraijin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Hiya, welcome aboard!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm

How good are you at Mario Kart 8?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fantasia » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Nate wrote:How good are you at Mario Kart 8?

Well, my current VR is about 7300. I didn't do many online races while the game was v2.0, due to the VR distribution system being altered (unfairly so, in my opinion). The system in v3.0 is more forgiving, so I've been playing much more lately.

I would probably have higher VR if I used a better combo, but I prefer to play as a combination I like, rather than whatever has the best stats. However, I do make use of a few special techniques, such as flame hopping and soft drifting. I usually end up finishing in the top half of random worldwide races.

Take that as you will. I'm not sure how I would stack up compared to truly competitive players, who join clans and such.
Fantasia

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:35 am

Hello and welcome. :)
anlptgtsg

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Welcome. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Furen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:26 am

Hello hello, and welcome to CAA :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Fantasia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :)
Fantasia

Postby FourFourSeven » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Welcome to Allied territory!

What's the most horribly boring anime you have seen so far?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 am

HE EMERGES FROM THE LURKER CAVE :D haha
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Fantasia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:04 am

FourFourSeven wrote:Welcome to Allied territory!

What's the most horribly boring anime you have seen so far?

Hmm...I don't think I've ever seen an anime that I would call "horribly boring." I always read reviews before I watch anything, so I think I have avoided any really boring/bad anime so far. I suppose the "Endless Eight" arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was somewhat boring, but I actually enjoyed seeing all the different ways the same scenes could be animated.

Here's a link to my anime list, if anyone is interested: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fanta93
Fantasia

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:33 am

Hello and welcome! ^-^'
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello there. Calmly put all of the magical girl anime you own into the bag, and nobody gets hurt.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Vio13 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Ah yes, the wonderful art of lurking. Nintendo fan? What are some of your favorite games of all time?
I can't wait to get smash bros myself, but I generally don't bother with racing games. Do you think Mario Kart 8 is better than the previous ones? Could you recommend it?
Vio13

Postby Fantasia » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Vio13 wrote:Ah yes, the wonderful art of lurking. Nintendo fan? What are some of your favorite games of all time?
I can't wait to get smash bros myself, but I generally don't bother with racing games. Do you think Mario Kart 8 is better than the previous ones? Could you recommend it?

I have lots of fond memories playing the multiple Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. games with my brother, and I enjoy the big Super Mario titles like Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World. I also had fun with the Metroid Prime Trilogy and multiple Zelda games.

Mario Kart 8 is a fantastic game. The graphics are beautiful in HD, and I really love the game's soundtrack. There are a few issues with the item balance, which means luck is often a factor in how well you do. However, even with the item chaos, it is a blast to play online. Mario Kart 8 might not change your mind if you don't enjoy racing games, but I would still recommend the game to pretty much anyone. Check out some gameplay videos online, if you haven't already.

What are some of your favorite games?
Fantasia

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:00 am

Hey, welcome to CAA!

What slice of life anime would you recommend to someone who isn't really familiar with the genre (lol, I know that might be difficult to answer, but I asked anyway)?

And what kind of music do you like?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Vio13 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 am

I might get it eventually just because Link DLC and I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.
I haven't tried metroid, it looks a bit claustrophobic despite how huge the maps seem... I dunno, I really should try it out sometime for sure though.
What are some of your favorite games?

Myself, I love Sunshine, most Zelda games (TP and SS being my favorites), Zack and Wiki, Okami, Kingdom Hearts... that sort of stuff. I guess also zombies in black ops is awesome to play with a friend.
Vio13

Postby peachmlplover » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Fantasia wrote: My favorite cartoons are The Legend of Korra and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Oh my freaking gosh! A fellow christian brony! I thought I was the only one!
Captain Miller: You see, when... when you end up killing one of your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others. Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?

Sergeant Horvath: How many?

Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.

Sergeant Horvath: But now the mission is a man.
peachmlplover

Location: On a chair, in my house, next to a computer... WHERE ELSE WOULD I BE?

Postby Fantasia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey, welcome to CAA!

What slice of life anime would you recommend to someone who isn't really familiar with the genre (lol, I know that might be difficult to answer, but I asked anyway)?

And what kind of music do you like?

I think Non Non Biyori would be a good introduction to the slice of life genre. If you don't mind short series, Yama no Susume (Encouragement of Climb) is pretty good as well. And I would be remiss to leave out ARIA the Animation and its sequels. It's a very calm, slowly paced "healing" anime, but I have heard many fans of hardcore action series sheepishly admit that this is one of their favorite series.

I don't really listen to music very often. If nothing else, I enjoy listening to anime and video game soundtracks.
Fantasia

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:23 am

I think both NNB and EoC are excellent choices for introducing someone to the slice of life genre!

(Also, welcome to CAA! ;) )
Mithrandir

Postby Anirac » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Welcome! You get +250 reputation with me for that picture of Akari!
Anirac

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 pm

I'm late, but I'm here!
Welcome, welcome. We're glad to have you, and glad you decided to emerge and hang out. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Questions, eh?

What is your least favorite type of domesticated animal?
Do you like cardboard?
How do you feel about the word perforation?
Are you a good speller?
How old is too old?
Are you one of those people who intentionally leaves a bowl of cereal and milk sitting out till it gets soggy and gross because you actually like to eat it that way?
What time is it?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Fantasia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:01 am

A late welcome is still a welcome, so thank you!

Answers:
I suppose pigs aren't all that great.
Yes, but not to eat.
I don't have a hole lot of feelings about it.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
It's too old when mold starts growing on it.
Cereal is meant to be crunchy.
Look at the nearest clock immediately after reading this.
Fantasia

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Well done, you pass.
*gasp* PENNSYLVANIA. What.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:51 am

Quickly, before you dig the hole deeper, COME WITH ME!!! *hides with you in a bush* They'll never find us here. Btw, You didn't see me here. I'm totally not hiding from Claec. XP
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Who's Who