Hello

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Re: Hello

Postby Vio13 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am

I know I can, but I love multiplayer do much that I'm being stubborn ;w; I'm gonna save up for the cables and GBA stuff unless I find a good way of emulating. Which so far, no luck at all.
I haven't tried it, but I do recall that stage being frustrating just because I was running around with no idea where to go most the time. I've never had too much difficulty with enemies though. One stage on the adventure map gave me trouble more because everything needed perfect timing so you couldn't really clear an area and move on. You had to do what you could in like 30 seconds and get to the next problem.
Vio13

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:11 pm

You'll start having difficulty with the enemies when you start going for A-ranks to get the prizes, and the Twilight Princess map is unfair in the worst ways. It's a shame because the game is so incredibly well-designed otherwise but they just dropped the ball so hard on the TP map. I don't mind them upping the damage to make it more challenging but the problem is that if you have enemies deal 6000 points of damage with a single hit, change the A-rank requirements to reflect the updated damage. Make the new threshhold for an A-rank 15,000 points of damage, because what it does is basically turn everything on the TP map into "Don't get hit!" missions which is beyond frustrating.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm

^ And you have to get at least 1,200 KO's, which is a pain to try to do without taking too much damage. And the second golden Skulltulas are basically impossible in the twilight princess map. Especially if there are cuccos. But that's not the most laggy level I've ever played. For me it was the level for Link's level 3 gauntlets, the temple of time, with my older brother. It was the only time I ever took damage because of lag in Hyrule Warriors. The only way to stand a chance in levels like those are to level up one character enough so they can kill enemies quickly. If I'm using Link with a level 3 8-Bit wooden sword (more powerful than the Master sword) I can kill the enemies before they do damage to me. But then the levels in those courses are so ridiculously big that you can't stay in one place at any time, running between different missions, your base, and the enemy base is hard enough. The fact that skulltulas only stay around for so long makes it even worse. I've had times where our base has fallen because I'm trying to get the skulltula.
artisticDreamer

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 pm

If they'd either up the damage requirements to be proportionate to the increased damage, or remove the damage requirement entirely, the TP map would be a lot more fun. As it is, I can't get any of the cool new 8-bit weapons, and I also can't access a large portion of the map because ranks are also required to unlock new paths and I just can't pull off A-ranks. I really hope that the Majora's Mask adventure map is better and doesn't have as heavy penalties for ranks, or at least doesn't have enemies that take off half your health bar with a single hit.

Nate

Postby Vio13 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Ah, that's why I didn't notice. I haven't gone for too many rewards yet since I'm still gathering materials for all the characters (I want them to have all the goodies before I go after too many rewards) so I've been spared that horror for now. Gee, sounds like a pain, though @.@ Well it's something to do I suppose.
Uh, Artistic, may I ask who your icon is of? It looks familiar to me?
Vio13

Postby artisticDreamer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:08 pm

My icon is Break from Pandora Hearts.
artisticDreamer

Postby Vio13 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Alright! So I was right in my assumption ^^
Man I need to catch up on that
Vio13

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:17 am

Vio13 wrote:Ah, that's why I didn't notice. I haven't gone for too many rewards yet since I'm still gathering materials for all the characters (I want them to have all the goodies before I go after too many rewards)

The thing is the Twilight Princess map is great for collecting materials. Every character that drops materials has a chance of dropping two items on the TP map, so there's fewer situations of you fighting King Dodongo and only getting a weapon. It's still difficult to get gold materials but at least you have a better shot on the TP map. There's even a few levels where you fight an enemy that constantly splits him/herself into copies, all of which have chances to drop materials. I got four Darunia's Spikes and two Darunia's Bracelets in the level with him splitting, so it's pretty cool. That's literally the only thing they did good in the TP map though.

Nate

Postby Vio13 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Ah, I hve been using one of the Twilight Princess maps to get the stuff the redeads drop (I can't recall names at the moment) though not sure how much more of that I'll be needing.
On the topic of Hyrule Warriors, though. I really can't stand that plant boss, especially in timed things. It's been my absolute bane.
Vio13

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Yeah Manhandla is pretty much the worst I feel. The Imprisoned is terrible too because you can't destroy his weakness gauge in one go, he automatically gets up if you get it over half. The other ones I don't mind so much.

I still hate trying to get their materials though, even with the new drop rules on the TP map.

Nate

Previous

Return to Who's Who