Hello

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello

Postby Vio13 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:34 pm

I have no idea what to say, oh dear.
I use Vio as my screen name basically everywhere, so for all intents and purposes, that's just my name. (I guess I'll add that I'm a girl since Vio can be kinda unisex sometimes?) I tried to make an account without the numbers, but the email just wasn't sending to that address, so if anyone spots 'Vio' or wonders why my username isn't just 'Vio' that'd be why.
I actually don't actively watch much anime, but I like what I have watched so much and stick to fandoms so often that I just identify myself as being a fan. (I would watch more if I didn't have trouble focusing on TV, I'm such a multi-tasker.)
My favorites as far as anime goes would be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Mekakucity Actors, and I guess Attack on Titan is alright. With manga it'd be Koe no Katachi, Pandora Hearts (do not recommend), Kagerou Days, and most of the Zelda mangas. And I guess I'll throw in some good videogames too, why not? Every Zelda game, but particularly Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Black Ops 2 just for the zombies... I have never even played any of the campaign mode, Kingdom Hearts, Okami, that sorta thing.
Beyond that, I enjoy drawing digitally, I'm going to school for graphic design (though not too hopeful I'll be able to compete well fresh outta school, so we'll see where it leads), and roleplaying I suppose. Though I tend to do a little bit of everything and pick up new projects as I go (and completing none of them) that's just what has stuck for the longest so far.
I feel like none of that made any sense.
Anyways, as far as the Christian aspect goes, I'm a non denominational Protestant (I identify closest with baptists, though) and I'm trying to get myself to live a more Christian lifestyle lately. At the very least read my bible ;w; I'm bad about that. I'm most interested in Genesis (I like creation stuff) and Revelation (for prophecy)
I can't think of anything else ^^ ; is that an okay introduction? I feel like I need to go back and reread the rules, I'm kind of nervous!
Vio13

Re: Hello

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to you, Vio. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^

A++ for your introduction and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
goldenspines

Postby Vio13 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Thank you very much! I hope so as well, though I guess signing up for a new site while it's nearing 1AM wasn't the best choice for me, ah well. Poking around can wait I suppose.
Vio13

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Vio13 wrote:good videogames

Skyward Sword

I found an error in your post.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Hey, welcome to CAA!

Vio13 wrote:Black Ops 2 just for the zombies...

Same here; it's all about the zombies...
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby FourFourSeven » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:55 am

G'day, and welcome to the Alliance.

What's THE most boring anime you've ever seen?

Would you like free samples of our ACME products, most notably our top-of-the-line ACME roller skates and ACME rocket-based propulsion systems (backpacks, shoes, engines, monster trucks, etc.)?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Vio13 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:34 am

Same here; it's all about the zombies...

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Skipped Ghosts since I heard they replaced it.

What's THE most boring anime you've ever seen?

Most boring? Hm... there's plenty I've had to outright quit watching, but the reasons were different. I think for me it might have been something like Sailor Moon or Fruit's Basket. For some reason they just didn't end up appealing to me I suppose. Is there a more universally agreed upon boring one? xP I'm sure plenty disagree with those two as being boring after all.

I'm good and stocked up on ACME products, so half'ta pass.
Vio13

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

Vio13 wrote:Sailor Moon or Fruit's Basket.

Great, now I have another mortal enemy.

Nate

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 am

Welcome! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Vio13 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Great, now I have another mortal enemy

Ah, sorry ^^ ; I know they weren't bad, I just never was able to get into them for whatever reason. Shoujo in general has always been my weak point.

And hello momentofinertia and sheenar ^^

ah, perhaps I need to stop lurking soon.
Vio13

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Welcome, welcome.
Oh, hey. I had every intention of posting in here ages ago, but I'm a procrastinator. But wait no longer, here is your welcome!!
I have many things to say. First off, fantastic avatar. Second, ZELDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I talked to TWO people the other day who hadn't played a Zelda game, didn't even know what an ocarina was. I was devastated. However, I do have to say I found Twilight Princess a bit...dull and repetitive. But that's just me; I know a lot of people enjoy it. Skyward Sword, though. I have yet to finish it, but it's fun. Not crazy about the motion plus remote stuff (can't play too long without getting a sore wrist), but that aside I enjoy it. What is your opinion of the best Zelda game ever, Majora's Mask?
You should watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle because it's amazing. Even if you never watch another anime as long as you live, you MUST DO IT.
Oooh, roleplaying! We have an RP forum here, you should check it out. It's generally pretty active (we have a GM who is obsessed with coming up with new RPs, she's fantastic), but lately it's lulling a bit because of NaNoWriMo, so you'll have to be patient with it. Insanity ensues there, so you should totally jump on board!
Don't worry, stuff doesn't have to make sense around here. In fact, making sense is discouraged. That's what makes this place CAA.
Oh hey, Baptistishness! We should totally talk about random stuff because we relate! But I'm fairly certain we're not related...that would be weird if we were. Are you my long lost sister?
Anyways, I'm rambling now and need to go before bad things happen. I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to challenge someone to a duel and eat the gum off the bottom your chair.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:00 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:However, I do have to say I found Twilight Princess a bit...dull and repetitive. But that's just me; I know a lot of people enjoy it. Skyward Sword, though. I have yet to finish it, but it's fun. Not crazy about the motion plus remote stuff (can't play too long without getting a sore wrist), but that aside I enjoy it. What is your opinion of the best Zelda game ever, Majora's Mask?

I think the problem with Twilight Princess was that the difficulty just...wasn't. The story and graphics were great, but that was about it for me.

Oooh, roleplaying! We have an RP forum here, you should check it out. It's generally pretty active (we have a GM who is obsessed with coming up with new RPs, she's fantastic), but lately it's lulling a bit because of NaNoWriMo, so you'll have to be patient with it. Insanity ensues there, so you should totally jump on board!

May I remind you that "Obsession" is not always a good thing? And since I have a pretty good idea of who you are talking about, I must inform tou that it has not been very good for her health. She hasn't had a decent night's sleep since...heck, I can't remember when.
Still...when she's not complaining about life, she's a pretty decent roommate...

Hello Vio, did you know you were my favorite character in the game and the manga? :3 sorry about all that writing up there, its become my life's goal to prove Claec wrong (as often as I can...because she has an annoying habit of being right XP)
Anyway, nice to know there's another RPer around, its lonely when you're the only...*ahem* one's roommate is the only one messing around in there. Do you like fantastical things, or do you prefer more mech style?

Also, do you write, ever?

Which do you prefer, cats or dogs? Or would you like somethjng inbetween?

Have you seen the anime K?

And finally
That gum under the chair you're sitting in was mine, so you might not want to....just saying.

Lol forgive me my weirdness and welcome to Christian Anime Asylum! Have a cookie. :thumb:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Vio13 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Ha, thank you Claec, it's probably one of my favorite avatars so far ^^
I do have to say I found Twilight Princess a bit...dull and repetitive. But that's just me;

I understand what you mean what with how restoring light worked, but I still enjoyed it anyhow xP But I often do enjoy things that most people dislike it would seem. As an example, I actually like motion control xD I guess it's because of how much I always rooted for virtual reality when I was younger~
What is your opinion of the best Zelda game ever, Majora's Mask?

Oh, toughy. It is technically one of my least favorite Zelda games (Though no Zelda game is bad to me, so not saying it's a bad game at all) but there's a story to my opinion! Basically my first time playing it I kind of spoiled the stone tower temple for myself and actually intimidated myself out of finishing it for like a year or something. So playing through that part of the game was torture because I was such a wimp. And since it was the last dungeon it just sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. But the rest of it? I liked the dungeons, and I loved the masks. The zora mask was my favorite to goof around with, so I liked the water temple a good bit. I actually redid the beaver thing a lot because of that too. Finished most of the side quests and all that, but still haven't managed to get 100% on it due to some of the heart pieces... (I recall a shooting game taunting me)

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? I guess at the very least I'll look it up, never heard of it before.
And an RP forum? Ah, I should look around for it and lurk there, I haven't found it yet. Amazing.
Would you be a baptist then, claec?

The story and graphics were great

Story is very important to me, so this is a big part of it xP

did you know you were my favorite character in the game and the manga?

Oh awesome, I actually never figure I'll run into people who know anything about either the game or the manga ^^ Yeah, he was my favorite character too back when I was picking nicknames for all of my friends, so this stuck pretty well. Though I still haven't played the games because I'm determined to play them multiplayer, and that's proving difficult to figure out. (Still the only 2 canon Zelda games I haven't beaten yet)

Do you like fantastical things, or do you prefer more mech style?: Definitely fantastical
Also, do you write, ever?: I mostly save it for RP as I get bored writing on my own. I do however keep lots of world building and character development things in my mind.
cats or dogs?: I like both, but cats right this moment.
Have you seen the anime K?: Never even heard of it, I'll look it up after this post... probably.

Heh, thank you both for the welcome~
Vio13

Postby Nate » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Vio13 wrote:Ah, sorry ^^ ; I know they weren't bad, I just never was able to get into them for whatever reason. Shoujo in general has always been my weak point.

It's been my weak point too, as in, I love it. It's okay, I'll be girly for you. But I refuse to wear girly clothing, besides occasionally the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.

Nate

Postby Vio13 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:49 pm

It's okay, I'll be girly for you. But I refuse to wear girly clothing, besides occasionally the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.

I'm left with so many questions. Either way! So do you have a mostly shoujo lean then, or are you into shounen too?
I'm going to try to get into some more stuff aimed at girls soon (I have yet to see Ouran Host Club, but I keep hearing lots of good stuff about it, so...)
Vio13

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 am

I have a mostly tokusatsu lean, which isn't really for boys or girls specifically...though it appeals more to boys, and especially in Kamen Rider, the women characters tend to get the short end of the stick (there was a long-running joke that if a woman became a Rider, she was doomed to die by the end of the show...and it's surprising how true it held for a lot of Rider series). When I watch anime though it often tends to be shoujo, yeah. Like Heartcatch Precure, the best magical girl show ever.

Actually it'd be more accurate to say that I have a mostly transforming heroes lean. Whether it's for girls or for boys, if there's transforming heroes, I'll probably watch it.

Nate

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Welcome!Boy, I'm late... :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Vio13 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Having never heard of Kamen Rider before, I thought it was about dragon riders (for some unknown reason) and got maybe slightly disappointed when I realized that no, probably not.
I think the furthest I've gotten with a magical transformation show was with Shugo Chara, and only because I was watching for a specific scene. 100 episodes is actually pretty good with how my level of dedication usually is with shows.
I'll usually watch shows that have a combo of magic and 'normal person unwittingly pulled into all this craziness'. Though watching past like 3 episodes is another matter.

And thanks Dreamcatcher, better late than never and such things~
Vio13

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Possibly because recently Kamen Rider Ryuki was adapted in the US as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, since the title character has a dragon theme to him. He doesn't really ride it though.

I saw the first episode of Shugo Chara and it was alright but it didn't really click with me. Over 100 episodes is a lot though, and normally the shows I watch are around 12-52 episodes, since stuff like Precure/Kamen Rider/Super Sentai tend to have one year seasons (or in the case of stuff like Akibaranger, one quarter).

Man Akibaranger was such a good show.

Nate

Postby Vio13 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Still though...
And yeah, Shugo Chara doesn't interest me past like two elements, and both elements were introduced and abandoned much later in the show. I don't even really like it that much? Making it to 100 episodes was a feat, especially for me. Yet I still haven't finished Fruit's Basket... egh, what is wrong with me?
Yeah, I like stuff that doesn't have a lot of episodes since I like to binge watch, and if binge watching takes longer than a few days I start to get antsy. Mostly why I won't even bother trying to get into One Piece or Naruto. (Tried with Bleach but the filler killed me. I thought "I won't get out of bed until they accomplish X goal, should be at most 5 more episodes" Oh how wrong I was.)

Hm, looks power rangers-esque? My knowledge on these sort of shows is clearly lacking ^^ ;
Vio13

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Fruits Basket isn't that great of an anime. I mean it's good, I enjoyed it...up until the ending which is terrible. The anime is also lacking two characters, one of whom is the most interesting, and on top of that the anime screws up a major plot point. Now, in fairness, it was totally understandable why the anime screwed it up, and there was no way they could have known since at the time it came out the plot point in question hadn't been revealed yet. Still, now that it's known, it kind of makes the anime...bleh.

I actually did watch One Piece for a long time and really enjoyed it but then I ran into that issue where Comcast was blocking torrents, and I couldn't download the episodes for a long while. When they stopped being jerks and I could torrent again, I was already so far behind I had no interest in trying to catch up. I stopped One Piece right after they got on Long Ring Island and I'm pretty sure that was about 300 episodes ago. Yeah, even if I watched 10 episodes a day it would take about a year to catch up. I'm not down with that.

I also enjoyed Bleach up until the Aizen reveal and then after that I got bored of it and stopped and from what I've seen I'm glad I did.

Power Rangers is the US adaptation of the Super Sentai series, the first season was an adaptation of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger specifically...though it's interesting to note this was not the first time Super Sentai had been adapted for the US. That honor goes to Kagaku Sentai Dynaman, which was given a parody dub and aired on USA Network's "Night Flight" as Dynaman. Anyway, Super Sentai continues to be adapted as Power Rangers, whereas Kamen Rider was only adapted twice. Once back near the beginning of Power Rangers (I think season 2 or 3) Kamen Rider Black RX was adapated as Saban's Masked Rider. It was bad. The next was of course Kamen Rider Ryuki which was adapted as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.

On top of that, Metal Heroes got quite a few adaptations: Superhuman Machine Metalder, Dimensional Warrior Spielban, and Space Sheriff Shaider were all adapted into VR Troopers, and Juukou B-Fighter and B-Fighter Kabuto were adapted into Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Denkou Choujin Gridman was also adapted into Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad (yes this is a terrible name), but it wasn't part of a long-running series, though it was similar to Ultraman (and was done by the same producers).

Nate

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh sooo latttttteeeeee
Nice to meet you!
*gasp*
Twilight Princess, Kingdom Hearts, and Okami? I must know your favorite KH game~
Your a digital artist? That's super cool :3

Look forward to seeing you around ^-^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Vio13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Yeah, I just want to get to the end since one of my friends really likes the show and all. I've kept her waiting for like a year now. I went and tried to read the manga, but the style just... bothers me. If I remember, it's because everything just looks really narrow to me? Also it was really similar to the anime for long enough that I got bored and gave up on reading it.
I remember catching random episodes of one piece and naruto when I was a kid and stayed up late to watch TV in secret. I really enjoyed it back then. But yeah, no way am I bothering on catching up on that much. Even if it is really good, I just can't deal with that.

I dunno if I got that far -forgetting names- I mainly just liked that uh... quincy or whatsit. But in the episodes I watched, screen time was scarce and some stuff seemed a tad ooc to me. I dunno, didn't watch much. Like i bailed before they saved Rukia... I'm gonna guess for the first time.

Dang man, you really know a lot about what you're into, gotta commend you for that. I usually don't even know which company the stuff I like goes through!

Ahhhhhhhhh sooo latttttteeeeee
Nice to meet you!
*gasp*
Twilight Princess, Kingdom Hearts, and Okami? I must know your favorite KH game~
Your a digital artist? That's super cool :3

Oh, no worries! Nice to meet you as well ^^ I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2 myself (Though I haven't played the one with Ven and all those people due to my lack of a PSP. Really want to though) KH1 and KH2 thus far are my favorites, but I just enjoyed the story in the second one more, and was actually able to beat it (though I never really tried to take on the final boss in the first since I was younger when playing that one)

And ah, I wouldn't put too much to the 'digital artist' name, I'm still really inexperienced ^^ ; but thanks~
Vio13

Postby WorldsTraveler » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Ah, looks like I’m a month late! Just wanted to say that I did a double-take when I saw your screenname and avatar. I adore the Four Swords manga and Vio is one of my favorite characters. It’s great to meet another fan!

Also, I’ve been a professional graphic designer for ten years. So if you have any questions about the industry, feel free to send me a PM and I’ll try to respond in a timely manner.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
WorldsTraveler

Postby Vio13 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Oh wow, that's awesome to hear WorldsTraveler! I'm surprised by how many people actually know of it ^^ (Haven't spent a lot of time in websites where the Zelda fandom has a big presence really)
And wow, that could be very helpful in the future, thank you very much for the offer, I'll be sure to do so should anything new and confusing come up, it's been a bit of a blind sprint to this point.
Thanks again ^^
Vio13

Postby artisticDreamer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:10 am

*woo, I'm late*
But I got the reference in your username.
I actually got the LoZ manga for Christmas, and I completely love Vio. I haven't played many of the games, though. (I've not been able to play any solo games recently, thanks to my siblings... so lots of Hyrule Warriors...)
artisticDreamer

Postby Vio13 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Ah, well my reply is late as well, so it works ^^
I'm glad Vio is so well received aha, I'd never have guessed ^^~ and unfortunately four swords are the only Zelda games I've been unable to play thus far thanks to the complicated multiplayer. A bit ironic perhaps since Vio has been my screen name for awhile?
Oh man, multiplayer is really fun at least! I really appreciate how Hyrule Warriors handles multiplayer too. It's a fun time at least
Vio13

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:20 pm

But you can play Four Swords Adventures single player! I know I did. Because I have no friends. ;~;

You do need at least one other person for Four Swords on the LttP GBA rerelease though, so you're kinda out of luck there.

Note about Hyrule Warriors multiplayer: don't try any of the Twilight Princess maps with a ton of Poes. Apparently all the projectiles destroy the game's framerate and render it nearly unplayable. But the Twilight Princess map is kinda just bad in general. Stupid enemies taking half your life when they hit you...

Nate

Next

Return to Who's Who