Things sure feel different 'round here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Things sure feel different 'round here!

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:14 am

Hey all,

Well, I'm not new, but I haven't been on in at least a couple of years, so I guess I'm starting from the ground up!

I've changed a lot since I joined up....like a decade ago (sheesh, I'm frickin old for being so young). And...
1) I though it'd be interesting to revisit this little piece of my past. It's almost spooky! It feels different, though I'm happy we still have this guy avaiable to us: :dance:
2) I remember this being a good community to get feedback from for fictional writing, which I'm getting back into. So if you hang out around the writing threads, I guess I'll see you around in there ;)

Btw, does anyone know why my inbox seems to have multiple copies of the same message and insists that I have one unread (which I can't find?)

:rock: :thumb: ,
t4t
teen4truth

Re: Things sure feel different 'round here!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:37 am

Hey, welcome back! I'm absolutely certain we haven't met, so...*handshake*

Nah, don't worry about it. We're all old in spite of our youth.

1. Yay, dancing bananas!
2. Oooooh, a writer! Well, depending on how much time I find for it in my hectic schedule, you'll probably be seeing me frequently enough. I like to haunt/contribute to the writing forum. I'm always excited to see some new writing, so give us your best shot!

Er...I dunno. The PM system here has always befuddled me. Hopefully someone can help you out with that, though!

The place has changed quite a bit just in the short time I've been here, so watch your step. You never know what's lurking around the corner...
We have a few old veterans hanging around the place, though, so you should see some familiar faces often enough.
Aaaaaaand, I dunno what else. I had a chicken taco thingamajigger for lunch and it was really good. But the soup is bland unless you put some garlic salt in it.
Do you believe in the full moon?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 am

haha thanks! Hopefully I'll see you around there! Right now I don't have much to post, as I also have a busy schedule. But I really want to make more time for writing, and I feel like if I put what I have out there it will motivate me (by which I mean make me feel obligated) to stick with it and write more than just the first two chapters for each story in my head!

That's quite fascinating. I have not yet eaten lunch as I just woke up about an hour ago and this stupid hotel fridge has frozen all of my food. I did, however, make myself a healthy little smoothy with strawberries, pineapples, and mandarin oranges. Tryin to eat more healthy because Lord knows I can't be more healthy by eating less unhealthy things.
teen4truth

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:05 am

Hey, I just woke up a couple hours ago, too! I work midnights, which means my schedule is all backwards, which by definition should mean I would be able to get healthy by eating unhealthy things. But strangely enough, my diet of Doritos and Mountain Dew doesn't seem to be sustaining me very well.

ORANGES. I want an orange so bad right now. Or better yet, a mikan. Agh, those are so good...I miss Japan. *sniff*

Ooh! If you can find time, you should totally do NaNoWriMo! We have a thread for it in the writing forum, so we can all keep bugging each other about it. We have quite a handful participating this year. I'm excited because I actually had time to plan this year (didn't plan anyways, but I had time to!), as opposed to last year when I found out NaNo was a thing like...3 days before it started.

Also, you should do something about that fridge. Freezing people's food should be against the law. The nerve...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 am

Welcome back. o_o/

teen4truth wrote:...
Btw, does anyone know why my inbox seems to have multiple copies of the same message and insists that I have one unread (which I can't find?)
t4t

It's a little hiccup from transferring everything to the new forum software.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 am

ClaecElric- I have no idea what that is, but I shall head over there in a minute to find out!
And yeah, I found the little nob to adjust the temp, but it was not at all labeled, so I think I may have turned it completely off instead of just turning it down. We shall see the next time I open my fridge lol.
Sorry about your diet struggles. And your Japanostalgia. =(

MomentOfInertia-thanks for the greeting and teh infos!
teen4truth

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 am

OH also...why is my sig not showing up?
teen4truth

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:23 pm

teen4truth wrote:OH also...why is my sig not showing up?

It's optional on a per post basis now, seems to default to off.

You can either check the "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)" box below the editor box (you'll need to go to the full editor/preview page) every time. Or go into user CP -> board preferences -> edit posting defaults -> and "set attach my signature by default" to yes.

OH you should go into profile and set your chat color to something. When we shifted over all the color values got set to black and it's hard to read.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Great, thanks!
teen4truth

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Hey, nice to meet you! ^_^ Glad you're back.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby teen4truth » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Why thank, oh snowy-furred moose.
What's up? I'm an archaeologist, traveler, and Trekky.
I blog about my adventures as a traveler here:
http://unsettledvoyage.blogspot.com
I blog about my adventures as an alien hunting cowgirl in a parallel universe here:
http://alternatevoyage.blogspot.com
teen4truth

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:09 pm

If you're old what does that make me huh?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 pm

In your sig you say that you're a Trekky. I was just wondering:

What's your favorite Star Trek tv series?
What do you think of the recent movies?
What did you think of Star Trek Enterprise?

Anyways, we've never met, but welcome back! What kinda stuff do you like to write?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey, welcome back, t4t! It's good to see you here again. :)
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi, you should totally join us in nanowrimo this year. Quick question, what's your favorite anime? Also thanks guys, i finally got my signature to work xD

I read Suzanne Collins BEFORE hunger games
LastLfan

Postby teen4truth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

Nate: Ah....seasoned? =D

Thunderscream: Honestly Janeway is my favorite captain, but Next Gen is probably my favorite series.
I accept the recent movies as Star Trek only because of the whole "alternate dimension" hoopla. However, I personally didn't enjoy them that much. They were just another regurgitation of the popular special effect saturated action fest. And archaically sexist!
Aaahhhhhhhh I just like to pretend that the-series-which-must-not-be-mentioned never happened XD
Annnnnd you?

Lastfan: Hmmmmmm I'm gonna say Gunslinger Girl!
I blog about my adventures as an alien hunting cowgirl in a parallel universe here:
teen4truth

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:37 am

I've never once put seasonings on myself.

And I can let you slide with TNG as favorite Trek series but Janeway as favorite captain? Sorry, no, you can't ignore that Deep Space 9 exists twice.

Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 am

teen4truth wrote:Thunderscream: Honestly Janeway is my favorite captain, but Next Gen is probably my favorite series.
I accept the recent movies as Star Trek only because of the whole "alternate dimension" hoopla. However, I personally didn't enjoy them that much. They were just another regurgitation of the popular special effect saturated action fest. And archaically sexist!
Aaahhhhhhhh I just like to pretend that the-series-which-must-not-be-mentioned never happened XD
Annnnnd you?

Picard is my favorite captain partially because he is also Professor X. :lol: The new movies are sort of enjoyable to watch, but that's about it. Once you've seen one action flick...you watch more of them, even though you know most of them aren't really worth your time.

I remember watching Enterprise with my dad when I was pretty young, and I liked it back then. I don't know what I'd think of it now.

I honestly can't say what my favorite series is because I've only seen a handful of episodes from each. I've seen a good deal of Enterprise, but, like I said, that was a while ago. I still like the opening allot though. I use to watch re-runs of Deep Space Nine on Spike pretty faithfully for a few weeks--I can't remember why I stopped watching it...oh well. I figure I need to at least watch Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine through.

First Contact is my favorite piece of Star Trek media at this point (I don't know what the general consensus is on that, I hope I'm not starting anything by mentioning it, lol).
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby teen4truth » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm not ignoring Deep Space 9! It just isn't my favorite, and Cisco isn't my favorite captain/commander XD
teen4truth

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 am

The words you are speaking are English, and the sentence is grammatically correct, and I understand all of the words you have used, yet I don't understand what you just said.

Nate

Postby teen4truth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Is it because I misspelt Sisko or because you can't fathom him not being my favorite?
teen4truth

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

I can understand not having Deep Space 9 as your favorite series. I can understand not having Sisko as your favorite captain.

I can't understand picking anything but TNG as a replacement for DS9.

Nate

Return to Who's Who