New member here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New member here!

Postby silvershock95 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 am

Hello guys! So soooo glad to have found a site like this. For ages I honestly thought I was one of the only Christians out there who liked anime and video games and whatnot :O

I'm Natasha, a Media Production University Student living in England! Hoping to make some really great friends here on this site! :jump:
silvershock95

Re: New member here!

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:57 am

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Silvershock95. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:49 am

Welcome! And no. You're definitely not the only one. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby silvershock95 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I do have to confess that, I have been a believer in Christ since I was young but I never really started living like a Christian should. I hadn't been to Church regularly in years and I was barely praying at all! D: I even listened to those who told me the Bible had been changed/mistranslated over the years and I believed them....now I really regret it.

But now, it's a new chapter in my life. I've started going to Church again (there's a local Orthodox one not far from my uni ^^) and praying multiple times a day. I believe that everything written in the Bible is absolute truth and aim to read a little of it each day in the hopes that I can understand and follow God's word.

I really hope that there are others who can help me to grow in my faith and love God continuously with joy and praise-- and to help me find cool shows, anime and games to watch/play without them being damaging to our religion :)
silvershock95

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Hello! o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:15 pm

silvershock95 wrote:I even listened to those who told me the Bible had been changed/mistranslated over the years and I believed them....now I really regret it.

Well the Bible has definitely changed over the years, that's indisputable, but yeah, none of them are really mistranslated. Guessing you've either run into radical atheists or King James Only folks.

And ah, Orthodox eh? Not many of you folks around here, we used to have one prominent Orthodox member but he's been gone for ages. If there's any others I'm not aware of them, but it's always cool to have variety around here!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby silvershock95 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi MomentofInertia! :D

And yeah, I was actually Baptised as a baby into the Church of England, but my Grandad was Serbian Orthodox so I thought it would be nice to follow in his Church! I haven't been fully accepted into it yet, but I'm learning more about Orthodox from Thursday evening classes :)
silvershock95

Postby Sheenar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Welcome! Glad you are here, Silvershock!! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey, welcome to CAA! Hope you have a great time here!

What's your favorite anime?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby FourFourSeven » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Welcome aboard, silvershock.

In contrast to your favorite anime, which one is it that you really, really hated the most?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby silvershock95 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:52 am

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Hmm, my favourite anime?

I guess Soul Eater would be in my top, but there are parts of it that I kinda found a bit 'iffy' if you know what I mean. Tiger and Bunny though, that one was super cool. Such a sweet story too!

And one anime I hated? Well, that's hard to say. There's not really been one that I really couldn't stand, but I would have to say that I got really put off Black Butler after some time. There was a time where I enjoyed it for its characters, but there are some parts of it that got really violent and unjustified I guess, so I've just left that in the dust. I have an online Christian friend who really likes it, but now that I look back on some parts it just kinda frustrates me, y'know? And some of the symbolism is uncomfortable to witness too.
silvershock95

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:26 am

Tiger and Bunny is one that I'm very curious about; it doesn't look like any other anime I've seen. I'll probably end up watching it over Winter break, along with a bunch of other shorter shows. Soul Eater--I don't really know when I'm gonna get around to that. I've heard some negative stuff about it. My brother told me that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the story ultimately builds up to nothing, and none of the characters get any real development. He also said not to watch it unless you're a masochist, lol. Mind you, he still hasn't finished the last three episodes, so I'm not really sure what his opinion is worth...

Black Butler kinda looks interesting. Just haven't got around to it though.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Welcome, welcome.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby silvershock95 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Tiger and Bunny is one that I'm very curious about; it doesn't look like any other anime I've seen. I'll probably end up watching it over Winter break, along with a bunch of other shorter shows. Soul Eater--I don't really know when I'm gonna get around to that. I've heard some negative stuff about it. My brother told me that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the story ultimately builds up to nothing, and none of the characters get any real development. He also said not to watch it unless you're a masochist, lol. Mind you, he still hasn't finished the last three episodes, so I'm not really sure what his opinion is worth...

Black Butler kinda looks interesting. Just haven't got around to it though.

Definitely watch Tiger and Bunny! It's amazing :o

As for SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the story building up to nothing, I personally think it does in the way that good overcomes evil. Also the characters are developed well somewhat through SPOILER: Highlight text to read: their love and friendship with each other being tested and having the strength to not fall into 'madness' but hey, that's just my opinion :P And whoa- I'm certainly no masochist!

@ClaecElric4God Hello!
silvershock95

Return to Who's Who