Another new member here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Another new member here!

Postby Sundown » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey there!
I'm Sundown, feel free to call me Sunn, Sunny, or SD. I'm sixteen years old (turning seventeen next month), homeschooled, and a girl. My hobbies include artwork, reading, writing, horseback riding, writing run-on sentences and playing the occasional video game.
I've been watching anime since I was about three, but I didn't start watching non-Pokemon series until recently. Mom seems to have some problems with anime, but she did allow me to start watching series as long as I make appropriate informed decisions about what I watch. So far, my favorites are Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Trigun. (Finished the latter last night.)

I've been a believer in Christ since I was around four or five, but I can't say I started living like a Christian until I reached my tweens.

Happy to be here.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Re: Another new member here!

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Welcome, Sundown.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Furen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am

Hey Sundown :) hope you end up liking it here! It's a fantastic place with pretty great people. I'm sure you'll find some section you like a lot.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Sundown wrote:Hey there!
Trigun. (Finished the latter last night.)

I'm sorry. Don't worry, most anime has much better endings than that.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Actually most anime has worse endings.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy it here!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Sundown » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

@ Furen: I love the FE banner in your signature. Now every time I play Path of Radiance and see that image, 'onward to CAA' is going to come to mind.
@ Nate: Horrible ending, wasn't it? I couldn't believe I sat through all 26 episodes just to see that.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Really? Guess I've been lucky, then.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby FourFourSeven » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm

We'll go ahead and waive the obligatory initiation rite of you having to run twenty miles in 15 minutes from a hungry bear.

Welcome to CAA!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm Sundown, feel free to call me Sunn, Sunny, or SD.

Can I call you sunset, Sunny Delight, or SD card, or SD Gundam?

Anyways, welcome to CAA! It can be crazy but fun!:D
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:58 am

firestorm wrote:Sunny Delight

Do that one, that one is fantastic, use this one. (Do it)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Kaori » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Welcome.

I have basically only two questions, applied to several things you mentioned:

What kind of artwork do you do?
What genres of reading and writing?
What kind of horseback riding?
What kind of video games?

Second, would you care to list any of your favorites, e.g. favorite artist or art style, favorite books, favorite horse breed or kind of horse, favorite video games?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sundown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:36 pm

FourFourSeven wrote:We'll go ahead and waive the obligatory initiation rite of you having to run twenty miles in 15 minutes from a hungry bear.

Welcome to CAA!

That's greatly appreciated, I'm a bit out of shape.
firestorm wrote:
I'm Sundown, feel free to call me Sunn, Sunny, or SD.

Can I call you sunset, Sunny Delight, or SD card, or SD Gundam?

Anyways, welcome to CAA! It can be crazy but fun!:D

LOL, those are some new ones! Sure.
(I got a huge kick out of the Sunny Delight one.)

In regards to Kaori's questions:
- What kind of artwork do you do?
I work both in digital and traditional media, specifically graphite. The subject matter is usually animals, although I have given humans a shot once or twice. (That never went well.) Realism is my strong point, but I can handle cartoon styles as well.
- What genres of reading and writing?
Fantasy is and always will be my favorite, but I do have appreciation for sci-fi and historical fiction.
- What kind of horseback riding?
Just western, nothing fancy.
- What kind of video games?
Strategy and/or RPG, such as Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Machinarium.
Sundown

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello and welcome to CAA. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Sundown wrote:@ Nate: Horrible ending, wasn't it? I couldn't believe I sat through all 26 episodes just to see that.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Not the worst ending to an anime I've ever seen but it's definitely near the top.

Nate

Postby Sundown » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Nate wrote:
Sundown wrote:@ Nate: Horrible ending, wasn't it? I couldn't believe I sat through all 26 episodes just to see that.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Not the worst ending to an anime I've ever seen but it's definitely near the top.

I was trying (and failing spectacularly) to be sarcastic. :sweat: I actually enjoyed the anti-climatic ending, but I can see why others would be disappointed.
Sundown

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Sundown wrote:I was trying (and failing spectacularly) to be sarcastic. :sweat:

EDIT: while making it so images don't break tables is nice, it does mean that it cuts images off if they're larger than that which is also annoying. Time to thumbnail then.

Nate

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Sundown wrote:@ Furen: I love the FE banner in your signature. Now every time I play Path of Radiance and see that image, 'onward to CAA' is going to come to mind.

I didn't even realize you wrote that, but thank you :) that's fantastic! You like Fire Emblem eh? Which one do you like the best?
Furen

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Hey, homeschooling ftw! I was homeschooled and I turned out just fine *twitches* I don't have social anxiety or anything!

But seriously welcome ^_^ Do you like Jane Austen? (I see Jack London on your sig btw and I love his work too, so yeah, cool)
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello and welcome! :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:33 am

Welcome, welcome.
*gasp* HOMESCHOOLER! We're kindred spirits! Also, horseback riding!
I wish to share my gobs of knowledge with you, but when I went to get it, I realized I lent it to someone else, so for now this toothpick will have to do. I know it isn't much, but you'd be surprised the ways you can entertain yourself with a toothpick and a ball of string. Balls of string are amazing. Seriously. Endless hours of entertainment and tying knots and tying things and tying people and tying...ties. I dunno. You should totally get a ball of string. Now I really want a ball of string...
ANYWAYS. Make sure you do all your homework and look both ways before brushing your teeth with a vegetable. I hope you enjoy your time here and make lots of psychotic friends.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sundown » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Woah, sorry for taking several days to respond! Life has been crazy and I haven't been online much lately.

@ Nate:
Evidently I need to borrow that book on sarcasm. :B

@ Furen:
Path of Radiance was the first one I played, so I'm pretty attached to that one, although Awakening comes in a close second. I tend to like games with well-developed characters, so these two rate pretty high on my favorite game list.

@ AlbinoMoose:
It's great to see another homeschooler (well, homeschooled) around! I read some abridged versions of her works when I was younger, but I have yet to get my hands on any unedited copies. I don't remember them too well, but they were enjoyable.

@ ClaecElric4God:
Looks like all of the homeschoolers are coming out of the woodwork! *highfives*
I will take your words of wisdom to heart, and er, thanks for the toothpick? My mom is a crochet fanatic, so we have enough balls of string to accompany several toothpicks.
(Also, your signature image is amazing.)
Sundown

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 am

*raises hand* Homeschooler too. :n_n:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Sundown wrote:Woah, sorry for taking several days to respond! Life has been crazy and I haven't been online much lately.

You mean you don't prioritize visiting an internet site over everything else in your life? I don't think you're going to fit in here.

Nate

Postby Sheenar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Welcome, Sunny!!! Glad you are here! I hope you enjoy your time on CAA. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Sundown wrote:@ ClaecElric4God:
Looks like all of the homeschoolers are coming out of the woodwork! *highfives*
I will take your words of wisdom to heart, and er, thanks for the toothpick? My mom is a crochet fanatic, so we have enough balls of string to accompany several toothpicks.
(Also, your signature image is amazing.)

Why thank you. Janaff is fantastic. But I must ask, have you ever played Fire Emblem 7? Because if you enjoy well-developed characters, then FE7 is the game for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Sundown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:18 pm

@ Nate:
I had that feeling, too. :|

@ ClaecElric4God:
I've heard that FE7 is considered to be the best in the series, but I haven't bought it yet, sadly.
Sundown

Postby Furen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:10 am

Sundown wrote:I've heard that FE7 is considered to be the best in the series, but I haven't bought it yet, sadly.

I would agree, but it's because it was my first one.

As for character development, there's only one really that doesn't have lots of that, and that's Radiant Dawn, the support system in that one is the worst there is...

Are there other games you like as well? Usually when people like Fire Emblem, it's because they've ventured into games before :P
Furen

Postby Sundown » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 pm

My Wii laser went out before I had the chance to play RD, but my younger brother played it and from what I saw the support was few and far between. At least it has a support system, though! Shadow Dragon doesn't have one at all.

Yep! I was actually introduced to Fire Emblem through the Super Smash Bros. series. I haven't one much gaming recently for a multitude of reasons, but I used to enjoy Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Spyro/Legend of Spyro, Animal Crossing, and various others. The old Petz games were a favorite of mine as well.
Sundown

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 am

Zelda!!!! What's your favorite Zelda game?

(Also, you must play FE7. It is now your new goal in life)

ClaecElric4God

Postby SuprahKahn » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 am

Homeschooled? *fistbump*
SuprahKahn

Postby Animeniac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Homeschooled too bro Image
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Next

Return to Who's Who