Another new member here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Re: Another new member here!

Postby Sundown » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 am

@CE4G:
It's a tie between a Link to the Past and Twilight Princess. Due to financial issues, I've had yet to pick up a Link Between Worlds but I really want to.
(That's been added to my many goals in life.)

I can't say I've ever met so many homeschoolers on one forum before. Now I know why; they're all here. XD Homeschoolers unite!
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Well, points for originality, as the popular favorite is Ocarina of time. I have yet to finish a Link to the Past, but I do enjoy it. Twilight Princess on the other hand... I dunno, I just found it bland. Have you played Majora's Mask? If so, your opinion? What are your thoughts on the outrage of Link's left-handedness being compromised in recent games?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 pm

While I have no idea how you could possibly compare Twilight Princess to the glory that is Link to the Past the fact that LttP is at the top is good and therefore you are good in my book.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sundown » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:56 pm

I haven't actually played Majora's Mask, but my youngest brother has and from what I seen, it looks like quite a challenge! The manga was pretty interesting, too. I find the outrage over the use of Link's left hand idiotic; especially as I believe that Link is a different character in each game.

I definitely second the fact that Twilight Princess was bland at times, but it was also a great time waster.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Sundown wrote:@CE4G:
It's a tie between a Link to the Past and Twilight Princess. Due to financial issues, I've had yet to pick up a Link Between Worlds but I really want to.
(That's been added to my many goals in life.)

I can't say I've ever met so many homeschoolers on one forum before. Now I know why; they're all here. XD Homeschoolers unite!

You homeschooled? Awesome!
A Link to the Past was pretty awesome, though I think a lot of people ignore it because its "old school" or something like that. Personally, I loved it for its vast world filled with little things to delight in and discover, though I used to annoy my older brother no end because instead of doing dungeons, I was puttering around Kakariko doing....nothing, except playing Chop the Chicken XD
Tell me, did you ever whack the chickens just for the fun of it? Even when you knew what the little monsters would do to you? For some strange sadistic (or masochistic, depending how one looks at it) reason, I love chopping chickens, and being chopped/dodging their returned fire.
I like Twilight Princess's graphics, and the story was nice too. A lot of people, I gather, don't like Midna, which I find funny because my entire family agrees she's the best sidekick Link ever had.

...whoops. I'm supposed to be saying hello here XD
Welcome to CAA, I hope you enjoy your stay, and forgive me my absentmindedness, I swear I'm usually not so ridiculous and I'm never evil *chokes back an evil laugh*

Also, play Fire Emblem 7. You have no clue what you're missing out on XD I've played a lot of the FE games, including Path of Radiance, and FE7 is my favorite without doubt.
I'm planning on getting Awakening soon. I hear that one's pretty awesome.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Nate » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Sundown wrote:especially as I believe that Link is a different character in each game.

Nintendo has basically officially stated that Link and Zelda are basically the same characters constantly reborn into each age, so while it's not the exact same character it's still meant to be the same person, just with no memory of his previous lives.

For the record while I am annoyed about them changing Link's left-handedness I realize the majority of people in the world are right-handed, and that it would be awkward for them to hold the Wii Remote in their right hands while Link is swinging his left. Of course, making him right-handed just makes it awkward for people who are left-handed, which is why I really wish they'd just have an option for what your dominant hand is. There's no reason not to, honestly.

Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:37 am

Nate wrote:
Sundown wrote:especially as I believe that Link is a different character in each game.
For the record while I am annoyed about them changing Link's left-handedness I realize the majority of people in the world are right-handed, and that it would be awkward for them to hold the Wii Remote in their right hands while Link is swinging his left. Of course, making him right-handed just makes it awkward for people who are left-handed, which is why I really wish they'd just have an option for what your dominant hand is. There's no reason not to, honestly.

This, basically. As a lefty myself, that would have been nice. Plus, that's what I heard they were gonna do, which I was willing to compromise on; but they didn't even bother with that.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:11 am

You poor leftys.... :P
Hehehe my mom's a lefty but no one else in the house is. Kinda funny when you think about it.
Sunny are you a lefty or a righty?
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Nate » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:47 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:This, basically. As a lefty myself, that would have been nice. Plus, that's what I heard they were gonna do, which I was willing to compromise on; but they didn't even bother with that.

They sort of did it for Twilight Princess, where he was right-handed in the Wii version but left-handed in the Gamecube version. But everything was also flipped in the Wii version compared to the GC version so it just makes it seem like he's in some sort of bizarre mirror world.

Still I was one of the people who refused to deal with motion controls for a Zelda game and bought the GC version. After watching a Let's Play of Skyward Sword where the guy constantly had controller calibration issues, I feel that I made the right choice in playing the GC version of TP and not playing SS at all.

Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Nate wrote:They sort of did it for Twilight Princess, where he was right-handed in the Wii version but left-handed in the Gamecube version. But everything was also flipped in the Wii version compared to the GC version so it just makes it seem like he's in some sort of bizarre mirror world.

Still I was one of the people who refused to deal with motion controls for a Zelda game and bought the GC version.

*was one of those people who bought the GC version of Twilight Princess just to be stubborn about lefty Link*
Also yeah, that was sort of weird. Especially when my sister, who played the Wii version, would try to help me get somewhere and would accidentally take me in the opposite direction of where I needed to go.

ClaecElric4God

Previous

Return to Who's Who