Ohayogozaimasu

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Ohayogozaimasu

Postby peachmlplover » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm new to this place and just wanted to say hello! I'm a missionary (Not going to say where) with my family. I've been watching anime since I was five and I've had a hard time finding good ones, since a lot of my friend give uh... (I guess you could say) worldly reviews, so this website is a God send. And just because I don't want to aimlessly wander through reviews, can someone suggest any that aren't, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Fruits Basket, Gunslinger Girl, Romeo x Juliet, Death Note, SAO, One Week Friends, Attack on Titan and Gargantia. (There are more that I've seen, but those are the most mainstream that everyone says to watch.)
Captain Miller: You see, when... when you end up killing one of your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others. Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?

Sergeant Horvath: How many?

Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.

Sergeant Horvath: But now the mission is a man.
peachmlplover

Location: On a chair, in my house, next to a computer... WHERE ELSE WOULD I BE?

Re: Ohayogozaimasu

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Greetings, new person.

Wait, did you frame the question in that manner because you LIKED something about those titles, or because you thought they were too worldly and want experiences that are completely different?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby drill » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Do you have a favorite anime and/or manga?
drill

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy it here!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Welcome! o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 am

Welcome, welcome.
First off, may I be the first to recommend Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. A fantastic anime, in my opinion, and one of the few where I don't have to worry about content.
Congratulations for successfully arriving at the gateway to the future. Because every moment you spend here will inevitably lead you into the future. Though I guess technically the future never really happens because as time rolls by, what was the future becomes the present. So I guess you'll just be endlessly chasing a dream. But hey, it's fun and we have cupcakes!
Anyways, have fun and we hope to see you around the forums!
Also, missionary! :thumb: You earn major points in my book. That is fantastic. God bless!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby peachmlplover » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 am

Mullet Death wrote:Greetings, new person.

Wait, did you frame the question in that manner because you LIKED something about those titles, or because you thought they were too worldly and want experiences that are completely different?

I framed it like that because those are the ones I've seen that most people recommend, so I didn't want the someone to spend their time with a description of an anime I've already watched.

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Do you have a favorite anime and/or manga?

Yes, but it's split between SAO and Fruits Basket.
Captain Miller: You see, when... when you end up killing one of your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others. Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?

Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.

peachmlplover

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 pm

peachmlplover wrote:Yes, but it's split between SAO and Fruits Basket.

Well it seems I have a new archenemy on the site.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby peachmlplover » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Nate wrote:

Why? Did I say something wrong?

peachmlplover

Postby FourFourSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:07 am

peachmlplover wrote:
Nate wrote:

Nope, nothing like that, don't worry.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:03 am

peachmlplover wrote:
Nate wrote:

No no, Nate's a character that you need to just... Slowly learn about, sometimes that's sarcastic, sometimes he's being serious to some level, but you should be fine :)

Welcome to the site by the way! I'm not super great at recommending anime (Somehow I'll forget that the series puts in fan service or something that's against a morality view :/ ), but I really like Hayate no Gotoku... it's comedy with a weakish storyline, so it's one you can just kinda watch episode by episode, and not worry overall about the happenings.

Hope you enjoy it here, there's a section for everyone, like me, who didn't join at all for the anime aspect. (I do enjoy it though, to clarify)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby nln_rose » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 am

You know if you like fruits basket Clannad is really good!!!!! it takes several episodes but it's really good don't give up on it. also Guilty Crown is good if you like SAO ;p
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:50 am

peachmlplover wrote:Why? Did I say something wrong?

Yes, you think SAO is good, and you like the terrible Fruits Basket anime over the far superior manga.

This is an insult that cannot go unnoticed. I wish we lived in the era where you could challenge a man to a duel.

Nate

Postby peachmlplover » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Nate wrote:Yes, you think SAO is good, and you like the terrible Fruits Basket anime over the far superior manga.

This is an insult that cannot go unnoticed. I wish we lived in the era where you could challenge a man to a duel.

.... I put in that order because he said "anime and/or manga" So fav anime SAO, fav manga Fruits Basket. Though I guess we still disagree on SAO... can't we agree to disagree?... No? Oh well, then I accept your challenge to duel! Although you need your passport, a ticket to Paraguay and need to be a registered blood donor.

peachmlplover

Postby peachmlplover » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm

nln_rose wrote:You know if you like fruits basket Clannad is really good!!!!! it takes several episodes but it's really good don't give up on it. also Guilty Crown is good if you like SAO ;p

Nice try rose, but I already gave up on Clannad, but I am still trying steins:gate. (On episode four)

peachmlplover

Postby drill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

peachmlplover wrote:
nln_rose wrote:You know if you like fruits basket Clannad is really good!!!!! it takes several episodes but it's really good don't give up on it. also Guilty Crown is good if you like SAO ;p

Nice try rose, but I already gave up on Clannad, but I am still trying steins:gate. (On episode four)

Let me tell you, anime does not get better than Steins;Gate. However, if you think its slow now, I think episode 7 or so is when it really picks up.
drill

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:44 pm

peachmlplover wrote:Though I guess we still disagree on SAO... can't we agree to disagree?... No? Oh well, then I accept your challenge to duel! Although you need your passport, a ticket to Paraguay and need to be a registered blood donor.

Nice try but I ain't gonna go visit a pair of gays. Just because the Red Cross asked me three times if I was gay on their application doesn't mean anything!

Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:00 pm

No, no, it's pair of GUAYS.

Ante Bellum

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:42 pm

peachmlplover wrote:Nice try rose, but I already gave up on Clannad, but I am still trying steins:gate. (On episode four)

Steins;Gate is one of the best anime there is. Like drill said, it might seem a little slow at first, but definitely stick with it. It really picks up about mid-way through the series. I gotta say though, I loved the characters so much, that I didn't really realize how slow it was early on.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:12 am

So, anyway, welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby peachmlplover » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 am

Nate wrote:
peachmlplover wrote:Though I guess we still disagree on SAO... can't we agree to disagree?... No? Oh well, then I accept your challenge to duel! Although you need your passport, a ticket to Paraguay and need to be a registered blood donor.

Nice try but I ain't gonna go visit a pair of gays. Just because the Red Cross asked me three times if I was gay on their application doesn't mean anything!

..... I said ticket to Paraguay... the country! Look it up, they still allow duels as longs as you're a registered blood donor!

peachmlplover

Postby peachmlplover » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:47 am

Oh wait a min... I've been tolled!

peachmlplover

Return to Who's Who