Obligatory, belated 10 year celebration thread

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Obligatory, belated 10 year celebration thread

Postby Peanut » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:45 pm

As of last Friday I passed 10 years here on CAA so I figure I might as well make a thread. I feel like I should do something special but I unfortunately have no ideas so I guess I'll just open myself up to questions or tell stories or just sit here and let you all marvel at how old I am.
Peanut

Re: Obligatory, belated 10 year celebration thread

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Why haven't you returned my calls?
Ante Bellum

Postby IPv4 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 am

Why is there a troll face on your profile pic?
IPv4

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Why is the happy little gnome person the best fighter in your party?

Oh, oh! Tell us a story! *sits down with popcorn*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Peanut » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:Why haven't you returned my calls?

Maybe if you didn't threaten to find me and kill me as well as my cat I would.

IPv4 wrote:Why is there a troll face on your profile pic?

Its a joke that a friend and I made way back when we started playing Starcraft 2 together. We were using a strategy that revolved around Roaches and because of some of the rage it was causing decided to make a picture with a Roach with a troll face on it since Roaches can be quite...trollish. Its also my avatar on Twitch so I use it elsewhere.

ClaecElric4God wrote:Why is the happy little gnome person the best fighter in your party?

Oh, oh! Tell us a story! *sits down with popcorn*

Well let me tell you a story as to why a little gnome person is the best fighter in our party. Many many years ago, there was a race of peoples known as the gnomes. The gnomes were seen as being too short and stubby by the other races so they were forced to live underground. There they carved great cities using their mighty shovels. All the digging made them mightier and mightier as they were building muscles making them better able to smack people around with their shovels. Finally the day came when they emerged from the ground and attacked the surface dwellers! They fell many a human and elf and dwarf until they had taken over the entire world. They forced the rest of the civilized races into slavery to build massive gnome statues and make them pointy gnome hats. They filled their treasuries with toys and gold and other things that gnomes like. That is how and why a gnome is the best fighter in our party...or maybe its just because goldenspines rolled up a really good character.
Peanut

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm

What's up with that gif in your sig?

Webcomics?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Peanut wrote:
Ante Bellum wrote:Why haven't you returned my calls?

Maybe if you didn't threaten to find me and kill me as well as my cat I would.

Why would you say such a thing?! I'm not like that at all, and your accusations disgust me. Cats are precious creatures who must not be harmed.
Ante Bellum

Postby Peanut » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 am

MomentOfInertia wrote:What's up with that gif in your sig?

It comes from this [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pNXJOeZnY0]Carbots animation.[/quote]

MomentOfInertia wrote:Webcomics?

I used to read 8-bit Theater, Problem Sleuth, and Ax Cop. Now I don't really keep up with any webcomics for the most part. Just too distracted by other things.

Ante Bellum wrote:Why would you say such a thing?! I'm not like that at all, and your accusations disgust me. Cats are precious creatures who must not be harmed.

This is the exact type of thing I would expect a cat killer to say when they are called out in public.
Peanut

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Did you know my great grandfather? What was the Great Depression like?
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Peanut » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm

TheAlbinoMoose wrote:Did you know my great grandfather? What was the Great Depression like?

Your great grandfather was a great, great man. He saved my life in the great Bakery riots of 1903 by taking a rolling pin to the skull for me. Or maybe that was someone else's great grandfrather...Anyway the Great Depression wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. It was actually a very happy time for me and not depressing at all. Why people think we were all sad back them always confuses me. Guess we shouldn't have planted all those photos and made up all those stories about a stock market crash to mess with you youngins.
Peanut

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 pm

1.)Are you really an elephant? You're an elephant, aren't you? Just look at your name! Elephants don't belong on the Internet! You'll break your keyboard!

2.) How many copies of Windows Me do you still use?

3.) Train x approaches Train y on the same track at 98 m/s when they are 12 km apart. If Train y's engineer has been drinking a little this evening, when will the trains collide? Assume no air resistance.

4.) What kind of shoes are you wearing? What sort of shoes do you wear when you need to kick a butt? Do you ever wear your shoes on your hands and try to walk around that way?

5.) How many sub-questions am I allowed per question in this thread?

6.) What's the first thing you'd do if you became the Flash?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Peanut » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:18 am

Mullet Death wrote:1.)Are you really an elephant? You're an elephant, aren't you? Just look at your name! Elephants don't belong on the Internet! You'll break your keyboard!

2.) How many copies of Windows Me do you still use?

3.) Train x approaches Train y on the same track at 98 m/s when they are 12 km apart. If Train y's engineer has been drinking a little this evening, when will the trains collide? Assume no air resistance.

4.) What kind of shoes are you wearing? What sort of shoes do you wear when you need to kick a butt? Do you ever wear your shoes on your hands and try to walk around that way?

5.) How many sub-questions am I allowed per question in this thread?

6.) What's the first thing you'd do if you became the Flash?

1). Only on Thursdays.

2). 12

3). Tomorrow.

4). Slippers. Boots. No, that's just silly.

5). 6 is enough.

6). I'd run so far away.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Feels like everyone is hitting 10 years these days. I'm just going to shuffle off with my cane now...
uc pseudonym

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Peanut wrote:
Ante Bellum wrote:Why would you say such a thing?! I'm not like that at all, and your accusations disgust me. Cats are precious creatures who must not be harmed.

This is the exact type of thing I would expect a cat killer to say when they are called out in public.

Keep talking, and I'll find you and kill you.
Ante Bellum

Postby Peanut » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:06 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Feels like everyone is hitting 10 years these days. I'm just going to shuffle off with my cane now...

Pointing this out gave me a rather terrifying thought...starting three year's from now it will be possible to have members join CAA who were born the same year I joined...or weren't born yet for that matter. *shudder*

Ante Bellum wrote:Keep talking, and I'll find you and kill you.

And you wondered why I don't return your calls.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Return to Who's Who