Hello!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello!

Postby Japes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello everyone! This is Japes!

I've actually been a member here for a while, but I'm pretty inactive in most forums (the only place I've been reasonably active the last year or so has been Christian Gamer's Alliance). I wanted to check out the chat (I'm assuming it's IRC?), but it looks like I haven't posted enough to gain access, so here's an obligatory post!

Eeeehhhh....

I guess a bit about myself?

I write for Beneath the Tangles (beneaththetangles.com), which is a blog investigating the intersection between anime and Christian spirituality. I believe the editor and a couple other writers have been active here in the past.

I also cover anime songs on saxophone at my youtube channel youtube.com/japesland. Just hit 2k subscribers a couple weeks ago or so. :)

Besides that, my anime viewing habits can be found here: http://hummingbird.me/users/Japesland
Japes

Re: Hello!

Postby goldenspines » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:54 pm

It's Japes! *waves*

Apologies for CAA scaring you. Your post(s) didn't get swallowed up, it was just unapproved (as a security feature, all new users' first few posts go through a filter to make sure they are not spambots or trolls!). So, I went ahead and approved this one since it had your whole intro in it.

I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby alma » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:34 pm

:jump: Hello Japes!
Great intro.
I think I have read your reviews on Beneath the Tangles, when I go there once in a while.
Nice to see you want to be around here more often.
A warm welcome back to CAA. :n_n:
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 am

Welcome. Don't worry, the chat opens up soon enough if you join in the conversations :p
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:18 am

Welcome to the Alliance, Japes.

Introductry triple-fudge and strawberry ice cream bucket for you, on the house.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:53 am

Welcome, welcome. Psh, we're not that scary. We stopped setting newbies loose in the woods to be hunted down with bloodhounds aaaaages ago. Hope you enjoy yourself here, and we'll be waiting to see you in chat.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby GeneD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Hallo and welcome Japes. What do you like about Hummingbird vs. MAL as a cataloging site?

If you got stranded on a deserted island and you happened to have a single anime/manga franchise for entertainment, which one would you want with you?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello and welcome! :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Return to Who's Who