Hey

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hey

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi people!

I'm new here. I love anime and I'm a Christian, so I was really excited to find this website! My favorite anime is Sword Art Online.

-Kotoni
http://geektoworld.blogspot.com/
Kotoni-Sukina

Re: Hey

Postby black & white angel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:35 am

Welcome to CAA!

Do you have any favorite manga?
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Hey, glad you could join us :) Hope you can make this your home as much as many others have
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:14 pm

black & white angel wrote:Welcome to CAA!

Do you have any favorite manga?

I do! Shinobi Life, Fushigi Yugi and Ojousama no Untenshu are my favorites. :n_n:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Welcome! :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Lynna » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Welcome!
Any interests besides anime?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby IPv4 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Lynna wrote:Any interests besides anime?

Ouch...
IPv4

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Lynna wrote:Welcome!

:stressed: Haha ok...um...yeah. I love piano and music and I'm also really into computers. I love art (I consider myself a mangaka - lol jk). I'm double majoring in piano and IT-Web Management so that's something I guess. :sweat:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:31 am

Welcome to CAA! Hope you have a great time here!

Who are your favorite bands/artists?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:42 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:Welcome to CAA! Hope you have a great time here!

Who are your favorite bands/artists?

Hmmm...For Christian artists I love Tenth Avenue North, Chris Tomlin and Tobymac, and as far as other stuff goes I like Celtic Thunder, Coldplay, the Script, Michael Buble, Billy Joel, and a lot of anime & movie soundtracks. :n_n:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby drill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:14 am

Welcome to CAA!

What do you like about SAO?
Are you watching, or planning to watch SAO II?
Since you are majoring in Web Management, what are you going to do with that degree?
Or are you going to focus more on becoming a musician through your piano degree?

Nice meeting you, and I hope you enjoy your stay here :D
drill

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:33 am

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA!

What do you like about SAO?
Are you watching, or planning to watch SAO II?
Since you are majoring in Web Management, what are you going to do with that degree?
Or are you going to focus more on becoming a musician through your piano degree?

Nice meeting you, and I hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Oh gosh all the life questions haha
I like SAO because the video game environment/art is really cool and I love the story, and the fact that it's a sic-fi/fantasy anime with a good ending was a really big seller point. I really like Asuna. I liked Kirito, but he was annoying sometimes. But this anime made me cry so many times - crying = really good for me, so haha.
I haven't started watching SAO II - I heard Asuna wasn't really in it and that Kirito was a girl or something so I was kind of annoyed and didn't feel like being disappointed.

What am I going to do with Web Management - Probably manage a company's website/IT issues. To be honest that will probably become my main major due to the fact that I probably won't make much money with my piano major.
I'll probably teach piano or be an accompanist. :n_n:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby FourFourSeven » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Welcome to our Alliance.

Don't forget your complimentary bucket of quadruple-fudge & strawberry ice cream on the way past immigration.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello and welcome to Christian Anime Asylum! Yes, that is what CAA really stands for.
:lol:
Seriously I hope you like it here. Its a reallynice place with an amazing bunch of people.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Welcome. Yes, it's hard to make money in music in general. :/
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Lynna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:31 pm

IPv4 wrote:

Ouch...

Welp, the usual anime questions had already been taken, so I asked the first unanswered question that came to mind. What else was I supposed to do?

Kotoni-Sukina wrote:

:stressed: Haha ok...um...yeah. I love piano and music and I'm also really into computers. I love art (I consider myself a mangaka - lol jk). I'm double majoring in piano and IT-Web Management so that's something I guess. :sweat:

That's cool :) It's nice that you know what you want to do.

In compensation for making you answer dull IRL stuff, what was your first anime?
Lynna

Postby IPv4 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:20 am

Lynna wrote:
IPv4 wrote:

Ouch...

Welp, the usual anime questions had already been taken, so I asked the first unanswered question that came to mind. What else was I supposed to do?

I guess this is what people would call "trolling". :dance:
IPv4

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:56 am

IPv4 wrote:

Lynna's a troll? Ouch
Psycho Molos

Postby Lynna » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

IPv4 wrote:
Lynna wrote:Welp, the usual anime questions had already been taken, so I asked the first unanswered question that came to mind. What else was I supposed to do?

Oh. Snap.
Psycho Molos wrote:
IPv4 wrote:

Lynna's a troll? Ouch

Shhh...that was supposed to be a secret!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Lynna wrote:
IPv4 wrote:

Ouch...

Kotoni-Sukina wrote:

In compensation for making you answer dull IRL stuff, what was your first anime?

My first anime was Clannad...I was kind of spoiled and started assuming all animes would have happy endings - and then the next anime I watched was Angel Beats...and...well... :shake:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Psycho Molos wrote:Lynna's a troll? Ouch

She's been telling us for years :P (Just kidding Lynna :) ) Though her questions are the same kind of questions I would ask, as anime wasn't the draw for me coming to this site.

Are you much into reading?
Of those Christian artists, which songs would you say are your favourite?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Furen wrote:

She's been telling us for years :P (Just kidding Lynna :) ) Though her questions are the same kind of questions I would ask, as anime wasn't the draw for me coming to this site.

Are you much into reading?
Of those Christian artists, which songs would you say are your favourite?

I LOVE READING Yes. My favorite genre is retold fairy tales.
Well Hold my Heart by Tenth Avenue North is probably my favorite song. I was going through a pretty tough time with a family issue and I felt like that song really spoke to me :) Also (artists not listed) I really like Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets and 70x7 by Chris August. :n_n:
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby FourFourSeven » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Kotoni-Sukina wrote:My first anime was Clannad...I was kind of spoiled and started assuming all animes would have happy endings - and then the next anime I watched was Angel Beats...and...well... :shake:

Now, *that's* what I call a rude wake-up call.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:43 pm

FourFourSeven wrote:
Kotoni-Sukina wrote:My first anime was Clannad...I was kind of spoiled and started assuming all animes would have happy endings - and then the next anime I watched was Angel Beats...and...well... :shake:

Now, *that's* what I call a rude wake-up call.

You got that right. I almost decided to never watch anime again haha and now I look up all my shows before watching them. I really really hate sad endings.
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby Lynna » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Furen wrote:

She's been telling us for years :P (Just kidding Lynna :) )

I know, right? But for some reason no one will believe me...

Kotoni-Sukina wrote:
Lynna wrote:

My first anime was Clannad...I was kind of spoiled and started assuming all animes would have happy endings - and then the next anime I watched was Angel Beats...and...well... :shake:

I've never seen AB, but that's definitely a problematic assumption. I suppose if you hadn't been spoiled, you probably wouldn't have seen it through. After Story basically tore out my heart, ripped it to pieces, and then put it back together

Kotoni-Sunika wrote: ILOVE READING Yes. My favorite genre is retold fairy tales.
Well Hold my Heart by Tenth Avenue North is probably my favorite song. I was going through a pretty tough time with a family issue and I felt like that song really spoke to me :) Also (artists not listed) I really like Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets and 70x7 by Chris August. :n_n:

Oh! Have you you read the Lunar Chronicles? Or anything by Gail Carson Levine?
Lynna

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:43 am

Lynna wrote:
Furen wrote:

She's been telling us for years :P (Just kidding Lynna :) )

I know, right? But for some reason no one will believe me...

Kotoni-Sukina wrote:
Lynna wrote:

I've never seen AB, but that's definitely a problematic assumption. I suppose if you hadn't been spoiled, you probably wouldn't have seen it through. After Story basically tore out my heart, ripped it to pieces, and then put it back together

Kotoni-Sunika wrote: ILOVE READING Yes. My favorite genre is retold fairy tales.

Oh! Have you you read the Lunar Chronicles? Or anything by Gail Carson Levine?

No I haven't. Should I?
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Welcome, welcome.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Who's Who