Newcomer to the forums and to the faith!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Newcomer to the forums and to the faith!

Postby Anirac » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:39 am

Hello, everyone! I am Anirac. I am a newcomer to Christian faith who likes anime. I originally came to the forums because I was searching for anime about biblical stories, more specifically, the greatest story of all, that of our Lord Jesus Christ. I had read Michael Pearl's comic book Good and Evil and was amazed; I then hoped an anime had been made...
My time learning the teachings of our Lord has not yet completed a year. I hope to be able to learn from my fellow Christians and also contribute to this community, always on the topic of anime and manga :)
Anirac

Re: Newcomer to the forums and to the faith!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:02 am

Welcome, welcome.
Congratulations on discovering Christ! That's incredibly exciting! I hope we can be a blessing and an encouragement to you as you grow in the Lord. If you have any questions or just want someone to talk with about how awesome God is, you can send me a PM and I'll be more than glad to listen and talk your ear off. :grin:
Hm, I should have some sort of witty and/or ridiculous speel about the terrors of CAA and whatnot, but I'm too excited to hear about your new faith. I really do hope you can grow here and have an awesome time. Enjoy yourself and watch out for honey badgers.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 am

Welcome~
Uhm, anime about bible stories...I know some (though they're mostly centered at children, if that's okay ^^;; ).
Superbook and Flying House (not so sure about the second title, it's been a while).

So what are your favorite anime? :)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Anirac » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:53 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome.
Congratulations on discovering Christ! That's incredibly exciting! I hope we can be a blessing and an encouragement to you as you grow in the Lord. If you have any questions or just want someone to talk with about how awesome God is, you can send me a PM and I'll be more than glad to listen and talk your ear off. :grin:
Hm, I should have some sort of witty and/or ridiculous speel about the terrors of CAA and whatnot, but I'm too excited to hear about your new faith. I really do hope you can grow here and have an awesome time. Enjoy yourself and watch out for honey badgers.

Thank you :) it is exciting indeed! I am one who enjoys the strife of battles, and the battle for salvation is the hardest one I've been into. It's like playing a game on Ironmode. Geez it is so friggin' hard. But also so much... happiness when you feel the blessings coming!
And about the terrors of this community, I say a flock of sheep sometimes have their alpacas and their wolves in disguise, but they are nonetheless our brethren, right? The lesson of love and forgiveness is one I keep failing at, so I imagine the interactions in this forum might be a good practice for me.

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Welcome~
Uhm, anime about bible stories...I know some (though they're mostly centered at children, if that's okay ^^;; ).
Superbook and Flying House (not so sure about the second title, it's been a while).

Thank you for the suggestions! I was actually looking for something more mature, but your suggestions caused me to look them up and discover some more Christian series out there. I really need to catch up on my Bible knowledge before I decide to become a mother! Besides, those two anime seem to be something perfect for showing my future children; they are now on the list of shows I will allow them to watch!
My absolute favourite anime is Mushi-shi. If there isn't one, I will write a review about it, because its beauty is a must see and feel! The pace is slow, the tone is meditative. Most everything about it is soothing. I almost think I love it because it reflects my state of mind after I became a Christian.
Second favourite is ARIA the ANIMATION (and sequels). It is all about happiness, positivity, lightness of heart.
Third favourite is Chi's Sweet Home (and sequel). It is a cute, neutral type of anime that I watched on study and work breaks.
And then there is one, a memento from my darkest days that I keep to remind me of what life before Jesus was: Jigoku Shoujo.

How about you? What are your favourites?
Anirac

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Welcome, Anirac.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:40 am

Hey what's up! Welcome to CAA, I hope you enjoy it here!

What anime (or manga) has your favorite artwork/art style?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:55 am

Welcome Anirac! Congratz on becoming a believer! I hope you enjoy this crazy place! God Bless! :angel:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Anirac wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Welcome~

Thank you for the suggestions! I was actually looking for something more mature, but your suggestions caused me to look them up and discover some more Christian series out there. I really need to catch up on my Bible knowledge before I decide to become a mother! Besides, those two anime seem to be something perfect for showing my future children; they are now on the list of shows I will allow them to watch!
My absolute favourite anime is Mushi-shi. If there isn't one, I will write a review about it, because its beauty is a must see and feel! The pace is slow, the tone is meditative. Most everything about it is soothing. I almost think I love it because it reflects my state of mind after I became a Christian.
Second favourite is ARIA the ANIMATION (and sequels). It is all about happiness, positivity, lightness of heart.
Third favourite is Chi's Sweet Home (and sequel). It is a cute, neutral type of anime that I watched on study and work breaks.
And then there is one, a memento from my darkest days that I keep to remind me of what life before Jesus was: Jigoku Shoujo.

How about you? What are your favourites?

I like a lot of different anime :) But my absolute favorites are probably
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Soul Eater
XXXHolic
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Noragami
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
^-^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Anirac » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 pm

shooraijin wrote:Welcome, Anirac.

Thank you :D

Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey what's up! Welcome to CAA, I hope you enjoy it here!

What anime (or manga) has your favorite artwork/art style?

Thank you, I will do my best to!

I would be divided between Mushi-shi and ARIA. With Mushi-shi I like the scenery and the characters; nothing against the traditional style of anime, but I much prefer more realistic and chaste portrayals of people. And Mushi-shi definitely has those. And the scenery is mostly forests, mountains, seashores, natural day and nightlight; basically earth tones, all that is soothing to the eye and mind.
As for ARIA, the main colour is blue, and the main theme is water. There is something invigorating about it; it's like summer energy, yet gentle like spring.

I forgot to mention Ghibli, but I guess Ghibli movies are most everyone's favourite, right? ^^ But their art deserves a comment. Out of all the Ghibli movies, my favourite artwork is from Mononoke Hime, for the same reasons I cited for Mushi-shi, and Howl's Moving Castle, for reasons similar to the ones I cited for ARIA. Howl's Moving Castle, however, inspire much, much more awe! The scenery is surreal.
And there is one I have not yet seen, but from the trailer I can tell the art will please me very much: The Tale of Princess Kaguya. I just love when movies mimic books.

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Welcome Anirac! Congratz on becoming a believer! I hope you enjoy this crazy place! God Bless! :angel:

Thank you! I will do my best to enjoy the craziness too!

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I like a lot of different anime :) But my absolute favorites are probably
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Soul Eater
XXXHolic
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Noragami
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
^-^

I read XXXHolic, quite a good one! I loved Yuuko's teachings. As for Full Metal Alchemist I am planning on watching it with my husband and his brother. I watched it up to a certain point, but forgot most of it, so we'll probably do a marathon ^^
I could not, by any means, bring myself to like Tsubasa >.< I tried my best, but something about it just made me cringe. Did not get halfway through the first season >.< I love Mokonas though; I have the plush black Mokona, and my sister has the plush white one.

This is him, in my university dorm>>> http://tinypic.com/r/fywt0/8
This is a drawing I made on my dorm door>>> http://tinypic.com/r/2re2ich/8

I need to track down the one picture I had of both Mokonas together...
Anirac

Postby Sheenar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Welcome, Anirac!! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Furen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 am

Nice of you to join us!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:30 am

Hi! I am Anisha and I am new to the forum!! its nice to meet you! My family have been christians for generations but my true coming of faith was at the age of 12. I love the LORD and believe in his word. I am a med student and have a dream to be a part of the WHO to spread the word of God. I hope we can be friends as I am very talkative.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Anirac wrote:Hello, everyone! I am Anirac. I am a newcomer to Christian faith who likes anime. I originally came to the forums because I was searching for anime about biblical stories, more specifically, the greatest story of all, that of our Lord Jesus Christ. I had read Michael Pearl's comic book Good and Evil and was amazed; I then hoped an anime had been made...
My time learning the teachings of our Lord has not yet completed a year. I hope to be able to learn from my fellow Christians and also contribute to this community, always on the topic of anime and manga :)

Praise God the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, knowing that it is the God and Father of our faith and worship through Christ that leads us and draws us to His Son. (John 6:44, vs 65.) May your faith in God through Jesus Christ grow in spiritual abundance, and in continual patience for His appearance. I consider myself to have the gift of Evangelism. Nothing is more important to me than directing people and pointing people to Jesus Christ and His Crucifixion at Calvary for the remission of our sins. It is only through the Cross of Christ and our Baptism into Him that we are given the Gift of the Holy Spirit who is our Eternal Seal (Ephesians 1:12-14; 4:30.) May the grace and truth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you, the Messiah of God, who will take us up to Heaven to take part in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Revelation 19:1-10) and bring us into the new age on Earth - The Millennium (Revelation 20:4) when we return from Heaven to Earth at His Glorious Second Coming. (Revelation 19:11-21.) May you be comforted by the Spirit of God who will guide you into all truth that is in Christ Jesus, and that you will have every victory, as it is appointed of the Saints, to overcome the Enemy of your faith through the Word of God.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Sundown » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello and welcome, both to CAA and to the Christian faith! Hope you have a good time here.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Return to Who's Who