Greetings and Farewell

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Greetings and Farewell

Postby Vilo159 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 am

Hello, everyone!

It's been a while, huh? It's me, Vilo, the resident Mormon hereabouts. Well, at least that's what I was half a year ago. Now I'm just that guy from a while ago whom you may or may not remember. That's probably what I was back then too, but that's of little significance.
So where have I been the last half year? Well, without going into excruciating detail, life happened. High school got very busy, college applications were in full swing, there were scholarships to win, etc. Since my last post in November, I've passed some noteworthy life landmarks, namely graduating high school and being accepted into the Mechanical Engineering program at UCLA.
So with life settling back down into a reasonable pace, I'd love to say that I'm back for good, but unfortunately that's not the case.

You see, in a little less than three weeks, I will be leaving home to serve a two-year mission for my church in and around Fort Collins, Colorado. I will be spending each and every day teaching people the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's going to be a fantastic experience for me, and I am ecstatic! But alas, in order to keep myself focused on the work, I will not have general internet access for the duration of my mission, with the exceptions of some church websites for teaching purposes and to answer emails from family and friends once a week.

If any of you have questions, I would love to answer them in this thread. If you should feel inclined to say hi at some point in the next two years, you can do so by emailing me at carter.noh@myldsmail.net. (Be aware that it is a filtered email, so I ask that you not send any sort of junk, videos or pictures, only textual messages from you.) I would love to hear from you guys!

So, though I've just returned, I'm afraid I will soon be leaving you for a long time. I may or may not lurk the forums a bit here and there before I leave on August 20, but I won't be getting involved outside of this thread. But fear not, in two years I will be back to plague you all once again. This won't be my last time visiting the site, so I won't bid you farewell just yet, but I will say that I wish you all the best!
Vilo159

Re: Greetings and Farewell

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 am

Oh, so that's where you've been.

Congratulations on getting accepted, and good luck on your mission.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 am

Hey, how could I forget you? I noticed you were missing, and was about to send out a search party. Good to see you, and congrats on school n' stuff. Take care of yourself, and we hope to see you soon. Make sure you don't lose all that medieval knowledge. It'll come in handy someday.
Also, you should come hang out in chat at least once before you leave, for old time's sake. We'd love to see you!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby IPv4 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:52 pm

wow thats a lot of text... anyways, hello!
IPv4

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Hello and congratz! Welcome back! I've never met you before but nice to meet you! Good luck on your mission too! That's pretty exciting! God Bless! And yes I end most of my sentences in '!' lol. X3
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 am

I remember seeing you around :) But I can't say I know you personally.
Regardless, Good luck on your mission ^-^ It sounds like an amazing opportunity~
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Return to Who's Who