I'm Ryosuke..... hear me roar?

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I'm Ryosuke..... hear me roar?

Postby Ryosuke » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm.... Entirely new to this... So to put a break down I was given a nudge (more than a nudge XD) by the love of my life(Okami <3) to join up.
I'm a relatively simple guy, and I hope easy too get along with. I have a faith that I'm trying to nurture... If I were to describe what my ministry is, my calling to faith... It's first that all belief should be based in the Bible,that all other things are speculation and that simply shouldn't divide us... We are all parts of the body of Christ, and as such, we need to work together. Following that is my equally impassioned point that God is love,plain and simple. Please be passionate about your beliefs(!) but always let the source of that passion be the love that originates with our God <3
On the next note are my interests otherwise XD
I've always loved anime, manga, manwha, books(mostly fiction), video games, board games, tabletop games(yes I consider it a difference XP), card games, etc.
I've sincerely been looking to start a creative outlet. I want to draw but I'm a long ways off. I want to make music but I make excuses(I am lazy), I want to write but I'm still growing as such. That leaves one current creative passion above others... One I've had for over a decade but have never fully gone out on. Making games. Major goal is to make an easy to learn, versatile game that allows player customization. That's competitive but evenly matched. Not so many rules that you can't figure out out after 1 play through. =P
Well enough about me for now, please feel free to say hi, hopefully we'll grow to be good friends!
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Re: I'm Ryosuke..... hear me roar?

Postby black & white angel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:49 am

Welcome to CAA! what kind board games do you like?

Hope you enjoy yourself here. God bless ~
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 am

Hey what's up! Welcome to CAA, I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Character customization is awesome. I dunno if you've ever played Soul Calibur V, but it allows you to create up to 50 custom characters on one storage device. When I got the game a few years back I spent hours just using that feature.

Do you have a favorite anime?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 am

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Ryosuke. I hope you enjoy it here. ^__^
goldenspines

Postby Ryosuke » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:35 am

Black and white angel- I'm sincerely not picky. With my board games, just as long as people want to play, I'm ok with everything from monopoly to backgammon. As to more table-top games it's the same deal, anything from munchkin to dungeons and dragons to whatever anyone can makeup XD. As long as there are people willing to play I'm happy to join =)

Thunderscream472- I actually have that game in my collection XD. Raphael's style was probably my favorite, I mostly made the oddball characters in that regard. As to the game I want to make, the customization I want deals mostly with fighting style. I want it to be varied enough to have several class types but simple enough that it's not overwhelming. I want it to be that if you want o be a flame swordsman you can, or an earth archer, or a pure weapons class where all weapons have different strengths, weaknesses, and capacities without having my biased towards swords. XD I want people to be whatever they want and get rewarded for what they like to be.I want all this without having a start sheet 10 confusing pages long and without a 100 page rulebook... Its I very high demand but if I can accomplishitand still make life fun for the dm, I will gladly consider it worth it XD

Goldenspines- Thank you. When Okami saw your post she immediately "she's one of my oldest friends there. We don't talk much but she's awesome." So immediately must say thank you for the warm welcome, and I know I'm far from a great addition to the site, but I hope to get along with everyone here. Attempt to give as much as I receive =D
Ryosuke

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:46 am

Welcome :)
Any favorite musical artists?

Hope you enjoy your stay at CAA ^^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Welcome! :) I hope you enjoy it here.
bigsleepj

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy hanging out here!

What are your favorite books?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 pm

(Wait, how did everyone else get ahead of me on this? I feel so inadequate) *Ahem*

Welcome, welc-

Wait.

I've heard about you. *glare* I'm not sure if I trust you...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're an okay person, but you'll have to prove it through chivalry and honesty and coolness. No exceptions, no excuses, no compromises. You will be expected to complete a series of trials, all while holding this baton. With your eyes closed. And your hands tied behind your back. In a strait jacket. While gagged. And if you fail....*evil laughter accompanied by creepy background music*

Anyways, you can be sure I'll be monitoring your activities to see if I really trust you with one of my closest friends, young man. If not...I can't guarantee your safety. This is serious business. *more glaring* Okami is awesome and don't you dare take her for granted. You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

I've got my eye on you. . . . .

But seriously, welcome to CAA, glad to finally meet you and be able to keep an eye on you get to know you, after hearing so much about you. Okami seems to think a lot of you for some strange reason, so you'd better live up to it. :shady:

So I should say something nice so I don't get in trouble with Okami. Welcome and it's good to have you here.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Welcome to CAA. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Hiya heard a little about you from Okami enough I'm looking forward to meeting you. Welcome to Christian Anime Asylum, I hope we can be friends!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 pm

How's it hanging, stranger? So, do you got the eye of the tiger? Are you a champion?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby raus8891 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Welcome man. Hope you enjoy your time here.
raus8891

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm

A warm welcome to you, Ryosuke, I hope you enjoy your time here on this wonderfully random site. I was too late to keep hold Claec back; I apologize for that. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby FourFourSeven » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 am

Whatever country you came from, go ahead and throw your passport from it into this shredder here, because you won't need it anymore.

Oh, and don't forget your complimentary block of quadruple-fudge ice cream.

Welcome to the Alliance, Ryouske.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Ryosuke » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Thunderscream872- Just realized that I didn't answer the favorite anime question XD I know its not technically anime, but I continue to love Avatar the last airbender and legend of Korra( My favorite character is uncle Iroh)... as to favorites I will say that Clannad and the after-story(Japanese only, I can't stand the english version) continues to make me cry with each time I watch. Psycho-Pass is amazing and Sword Art Online and its sequel was a recent masterpiece(the japanese version only please). Oh, and I much preferred Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood over the first.

Panda4christ:3- Musical Artists.... I'll say right off the bat that I am musically illiterate. I might know some band and song names but I have no idea of anyone who is in the band or album names or whichever. I will also admit that I am not a concert person. I went to one because it was free and to help a friend... I honestly TRIED to find someone else to take him... I hated the experience even if I did appreciate the artist's abilities. BUT, I DO love music. I love its potential, its history, the growth and effects it has on people... and after all of these flowery words I can say that I used to be big into rise against(it was my anti-depressant), linkin park(same reason...ish), and paramore(still like them). I also like nightwish, queen, aerosmith and various songs from various bands... I'm a lyric junkie mostly, if I like the message then I like it, although I tend to veer from screaming XP

bigsleepj- I hope to add to the community XD I hear its fun here.

SincerelyAnomymous- I hope so too. it'll be nice when I don't have to wait a day for my stuff to post(the the moderator reading this, I honestly want to thank you for your hard work to keep this place a safe haven for those who seek it ^_^). As to favorite books.... I haven't read too many in the past few years. the most recent was the codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. I generally like fiction. I like to see the authors thought process... but I need things that are well written. Something that pulls you in and doesn't let go XD Otherwise I've read a plethora of manga... enough to fill a decent size room from floor to ceiling I suppose. One of my favorite being a manhwa called Holyland.

ClaecElric4God- I've been waiting to respond to you XD. As much as part of me wants to jump to my own deffense and rattle off stuff, I think it would be best to just have you get to know me through just as you said, keep an eye on me and what I do =p

Your right, Okami is an amazing person, and she deserves to be treated as such. There are many times I wonder why she would have fallen for someone like me... I just know that... her love brings me joy and peace that I never thought I would have... She's someone I can give my all for and she makes me strong where I am weak. I am a better man simply because of her love. Beyond this is what brought us together, and that is our faith. Our love and desire to study God's word fully and truly, to put aside traditions and simply delve into the core of things... to start on a blank page and be guided by His love... I never thought I would be so blessed to have a partner who shares and enhances my goals

So I hope to show you who I am, faults and all. I hope to get to know you and that all of us can butt heads and get to know one another and that I can be a part of this wonderful family XD

MomentOfInertia- Thanks :thumb:

Wolfsong- I hope so too... I've heard a lot of good about the community :)

Mullet Death- I have the eye of the bear, and I fight to win :thumb: Outside of a cold I'm fine, how about you?

raus8891- Thank you, same here

Banana Lobster- Thanks, although I'd rather have it happen now than blow-up later. Besides, honesty tends to be the best policy, and holding back tends to be the source of the most annoying anime problems XD

FourFourSeven- Good thing I never had one... thought you guys we're gonna check the fence I crawled under to get in. I guess I could have just used the door XD and quadruple-fudge ice cream sounds amazing. I'll put peanut butter in mine :P
Ryosuke

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am

Welcome Ryosuke! :n_n:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 pm

My Bear, my FIANCÉ!~ <3 :hug: :lick:
(Greetings from your Wolf to the Nuthouse! :thumb:)

ClaecElric4God wrote:(Wait, how did everyone else get ahead of me on this? I feel so inadequate) *Ahem*

You’re late to the party? :eyebrow: :lol:

Ryosuke wrote: I'm a lyric junkie mostly, if I like the message then I like it, although I tend to veer from screaming XP

*cough* don’t say that too loud :P my love of Emery *cough*

Ryosuke wrote: […snip sappiness to Cece about our love…]

*blushes* (You know the look, sir.)
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 pm

I've heard about you from Okami...you get the LastLfan seal of approval for your love of Uncle Iroh, how do you feel about the last 5 episodes of season 3 being moved to digital
LastLfan

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 pm

I heard of you Bear. You seem nice. And yea though I adore Luci Christian, the English Clannad is terrible, at least for not keeping the dango song the way it was. The translation throws the rhythm off. It's the only time that dubs bug me so far
Psycho Molos

Postby Ryosuke » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am

PLCDreamcatcher14- thanks! I hope to get to know everyone.

LastLfan-I honestly had to think of what you meant since I've already watched both series... I suppose it's a good thing, just figure it's better to have all of them available.

Psycho Molos- you obviously didn't watch sword art online in Japanese before setting in English. But yeah, English Clannad is worthless to me. A lot of smaller name anime have horrible translations. But yeah,generally like stuff with Luci.
Ryosuke

Postby Ryosuke » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:49 am

Okami! My heart! My love! My angel from above!I love you!!!!!!
And at best your fashionably late XD
I am blessed to have you, and I look forward to the day in the near future(that always seems too far away) that I can shout the proclamation to the heavens that you are my wife! <3 I hope to make you feel special and loved every day for the rest of our lives.
I love you!
Ryosuke

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond and welcome you to the forums!!! Ah, things have been so crazy.

I hope you enjoy your time here! I have made some amazing friends here --and Okami is one of the first people I met here and I consider her a dear friend! She has been a huge blessing to me for years! :)

You like puns, so you are cool with me. And I am so happy to see you guys so happy! :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby nillapoet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:30 pm

I just wanted to say hi. I'll have to read the rest when i get some time. :)
nillapoet

Postby Okami » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 am

Ryosuke wrote:Okami! My heart! My love! My angel from above!I love you!!!!!!
And at best your fashionably late XD
I am blessed to have you, and I look forward to the day in the near future(that always seems too far away) that I can shout the proclamation to the heavens that you are my wife! <3 I hope to make you feel special and loved every day for the rest of our lives.
I love you!

My Bear, you are such a cheese. ;)

Sheenar wrote:I hope you enjoy your time here! I have made some amazing friends here --and Okami is one of the first people I met here and I consider her a dear friend! She has been a huge blessing to me for years! :)

As you have been such a blessing to me, too, dear friend!~ (And I believe you've known me longer than this cheeseball, by a couple months. Heheh!) :hug:
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Well, I'll be assessing you to see if we should let you live or not. In the meantime...have you watched Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? If not why and how soon do you plan to rectify that?

So far you seem like a pretty good egg, but first impressions can be deceiving...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Lynna » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 am

Wow, I'm pretty late to the party. Welcome, Ryosuke! Okami is a very dearly loved member here, so I am very glad to hear that you're joining our ranks.
I want to ask a question, but it seems all the usual ones have been taken from me...Let's see. You are on an island surrounded by a valley of molten lava and the nests of ferocious dragons. You may only take one thing with you. What is it? (Also, you can't take a person, because I have a feeling you might say Okami and sorry, you aren't allowed to take her away from us)
Lynna

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

I too consider Okami a great friend, so I'm pleased to meet you, welcome!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Ryosuke » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:57 am

First off I want to apologize to everyone! It's been a really hectic... 3 weeks.... THREE WEEKS.... It's hard to think where the time goes.... Between work, wedding planning, and generally just trying to care for my wolf(appointments and general health)... That and my own sanity.... Sighs... Three weeks.... I'm sorry everyone.... Anyways, now for some LONG overdue replies XD (please forgive me :red: )

Sheenar- Okami has spoken nothing but good things of you... She views you highly, and I'd consider it an honor to get to know you.
The wolf and I have our rough patches, but I know I am truly blessed to have her.
I'm still trying to fully grasp what humor is acceptable here, cause with the wolf I generally have random returns and comments that get a laugh or just a "what on earth is going on in that head of yours" and a potential spit take XD

Nillapoet- hey, it's always nice to see a new sn. And I've obviously been horrible about upkeep here XP. Thankfully. The wolf and I will have a little more breathing room on time now, so I won't be constantly fighting with broken sleep *shudders*(4 hours is NEVER enough to continuously run on :raded: )

My soon to be wolfy wife- I already told you in person but that bear ain't got nothin on this colby pepper cheddar jack bear.
http://37.media.tumblr.com/83e274f9415037f196e4e9c3553324dc/tumblr_mfymn8kXe81rwcfrqo6_500.jpg (I hope that works :n_n: )

ClaecElric4God- It sheath be added to mine and the wolfy's anime list. We're. Currently watching Clannad and all it's tear-eyed goodness(Japanese only...ever.... No exceptions)
Sorry for the lack of post... I only can now cause Okami is in appointment XP
btw, we should talk more. PM?

Lynna- Can I cheat and say a magic genie lamp?( then I can just wish for infinite wishes and make the world better) otherwise a water purification system... Wait... Molten lava... Hmmm... Battle helicopter... Then I can fly away...
My return question... Which I want to make into a thread... If you could have one super power of your design, what would it be and why?

Furen- I still hope to get to know everyone in time. Its nice to meet you!
Ryosuke

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 am

We should talk more, so I can interrogate you. I'm good with PM. Feel free to bug me whenever, I may or may not respond. Okami knows, I'm really bad about letting PMs sit for a really long time before bothering to reply.

ClaecElric4God

Next

Return to Who's Who