Hey What's Up!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hey What's Up!

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:09 am

Hey, what’s up?

So, I discovered CAA just by accident when I was looking for reviews for different Animes a couple months back, and I have to say, I’m really glad I came across this site! As a Christian and a fan of Anime I’m really glad I found somewhere where I can discuss my interests with people who share my beliefs :)

A little about myself: I’m an anime lover (obviously), I really enjoy a variety of styles of music, I like drawing, writing, biking, working with stop motion animation, gaming, and I’m a Transformers collector, though its more of just a hobby I’m not really obsessed with the franchise like I used to be, I just like having the figures to do animation with and what not. My current big goal is to be able to create a comic/manga series of my own one day.

Anyways, that’s that in a nutshell, didn’t wanna drag on too long, lol. Its been a few years since I actively posted on a forum, so if I’m a little rough around the edges, that’s why :)

Anyways, I hope I have fun here!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Re: Hey What's Up!

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey! Welcome to CAA! What kind of games do you play? (please don't say you only play FPS)
And what's your favorite anime? :)
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby drill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Welcome to CAA, Thunder! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Any specific music you like?
drill

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:49 pm

TheAlbinoMoose wrote:Hey! Welcome to CAA! What kind of games do you play? (please don't say you only play FPS)
And what's your favorite anime? :)

Thanks! Tbh, I don't game all that much cause it takes up allot time and money, but I do enjoy FPS, like the Halo and CoD series, I also like fighting games allot, but mostly I play older games like the Crash Bandicoot series.

I'm really excited about the new Star Wars Battlefront game. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be showing footage at E3 this year.

Currently my favorite anime is Gurren Lagann.

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA, Thunder! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Any specific music you like?

Thanks! Most of what I listen to fall in the categories of Alternative Rock, Pop Punk, and Post-Hardcore, but I do enjoy other forms of music but those genres make up most of what's on my phone right now.

Some specific bands: Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Blessthefall, Dangerkids, Funeral for a Friend, The All-American Rejects, A Day to Remember, AFI, Dead by April, Avril Lavigne, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Simple Plan, The Word Alive...I could go on for a while, but that covers a broad spectrum for you :)

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby black & white angel » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Welcome! ^_^
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Well you have lovely taste in music~

Any particular favorite songs? :)

Enjoy your stay ^^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:25 am

Welcome to the forum Thunderscream! Since you're a Transformer fan, could I hazard a guess as to whether your favourite characters might be Thundercracker and Starscream? (Just going by your online name, LOL)

My favourite character is Ultra Magnus. Yes, he's a boring kinda 'bot, but he gets the job done. Which series of Transformer figures do you collect?

I have some from Classics, Henkei, Generations, Universe, and Reveal The Shield. I don't collect any Masterpiece figures because they are a bit expensive and take up too much room (except for ones like Sideswipe and Prowl).
Sammy Boy

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:42 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Well you have lovely taste in music~

Thanks! At the moment my favorite song is probably "Juneau" by Funeral for a Friend. That's a really tough question, but that's probably my favorite right now. You have any particular songs that stand above the rest for you?

Sammy Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum Thunderscream! Since you're a Transformer fan, could I hazard a guess as to whether your favourite characters might be Thundercracker and Starscream? (Just going by your online name, LOL)

My favourite character is Ultra Magnus. Yes, he's a boring kinda 'bot, but he gets the job done. Which series of Transformer figures do you collect?

I have some from Classics, Henkei, Generations, Universe, and Reveal The Shield. I don't collect any Masterpiece figures because they are a bit expensive and take up too much room (except for ones like Sideswipe and Prowl).

lol, nice observation, the name is a combination of those two names, but actually my favorite TF character is Hot Shot from Transformers Armada. Armada Starscream was my childhood hero, though, but over time Hot Shot became my favorite. Ultra Magnus is pretty awesome, I prefer him in G1 and RiD, though. The recent incarnations of him have been kinda dry, imo.

Anymore, I just buy what I like. The Classics/Generation/RTS/Universe (why can't they just be happy with one name, lol) line is really good though, in general I like those figures better than the figures for the shows/movies, though the new Dinobots are really awesome! I've been a fan since Armada (2002), and from 2002 to 2010ish I spent most of my money on TFs so I acquired quite a few lol, but recently I do tend to pass up allot more, cause I have more expenses and other interests, you know.

I have a friend who buys Masterpiece figures, and they're really cool (especially Shockwave), but two pricey for me.

I'm gonna take a guess that you're more of a fan of G1, and the figures that stay true to the originals? :)

Thunderscream872

Postby Will » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:44 am

Welcome!
Will

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Well you have lovely taste in music~

Thanks! At the moment my favorite song is probably "Juneau" by Funeral for a Friend. That's a really tough question, but that's probably my favorite right now. You have any particular songs that stand above the rest for you?

In no particular order, Linkin Park-Breaking The Habit, All-American Rejects-Move Along, Breaking Benjamin-Anthem Of The Angels, Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia.
That was more than I expected to type XD
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby FourFourSeven » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:27 pm

'Eeey, welcome to the Alliance, Thunder!

Besides anime you like, what's the one anime title you hate?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:...and I’m a Transformers collector, though its more of just a hobby I’m not really obsessed with the franchise like I used to be, I just like having the figures to do animation with and what not.

Somehow I was able to guess that by looking at your username (although I'm more of a Skywarp dude). It''s always fun to see another fan/collector, so you are most welcome here.
Crossfire

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:lol, nice observation, the name is a combination of those two names, but actually my favorite TF character is Hot Shot from Transformers Armada. Armada Starscream was my childhood hero, though, but over time Hot Shot became my favorite. Ultra Magnus is pretty awesome, I prefer him in G1 and RiD, though. The recent incarnations of him have been kinda dry, imo.

Anymore, I just buy what I like. The Classics/Generation/RTS/Universe (why can't they just be happy with one name, lol) line is really good though, in general I like those figures better than the figures for the shows/movies, though the new Dinobots are really awesome! I've been a fan since Armada (2002), and from 2002 to 2010ish I spent most of my money on TFs so I acquired quite a few lol, but recently I do tend to pass up allot more, cause I have more expenses and other interests, you know.

I have a friend who buys Masterpiece figures, and they're really cool (especially Shockwave), but two pricey for me.

I'm gonna take a guess that you're more of a fan of G1, and the figures that stay true to the originals? :)

I see! Starscream is treacherous in pretty much all of his incarnations, except for Armada where he's actually honourable, so I can understand why you'd like him. :)

I am in the same boat as you regarding collecting Transformers. I probably collect less often than you because I have a young family to support. I am thinking about getting the Platinum Edition YOTH Optimus Prime though, because it's gonna go on sale soon. It's a retool of Masterpiece Prime so it will come with the trailer and other accessories.

You're right in guessing that I'm more of a G1 fan. I grew up watching the US continuity cartoons followed by the animated movie in the 80s, so for me, those things are canon (even though I know the episodes themselves contradict each other on major points, such as the origin of the Constructicons).

If you like the new movie Dinobots, you ought to check out the Fall of Cybertron Grimlock - it's really neat. While you're at it, keep an eye out for third party unofficial products inspired by the TF licence - figures such as Maketoy's Not-Computron and Fansproject stuff. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 pm

FourFourSeven wrote:'Eeey, welcome to the Alliance, Thunder!

Besides anime you like, what's the one anime title you hate?

Thanks! I honestly haven't watched an anime all the way through that I ended up hating. I didn't care much for Vampire Knight or Deadman Wonderland (mainly cause of the ending).
I seen a little bit of Highschool of the Dead, and it was impossible for me to take seriously cause of the excessive fanservice, so we'll go with that one, since I have pretty much no desire to watch it now.

Sammy Boy wrote:
I see! Starscream is treacherous in pretty much all of his incarnations, except for Armada where he's actually honourable, so I can understand why you'd like him. :)

I am in the same boat as you regarding collecting Transformers. I probably collect less often than you because I have a young family to support. I am thinking about getting the Platinum Edition YOTH Optimus Prime though, because it's gonna go on sale soon. It's a retool of Masterpiece Prime so it will come with the trailer and other accessories.

You're right in guessing that I'm more of a G1 fan. I grew up watching the US continuity cartoons followed by the animated movie in the 80s, so for me, those things are canon (even though I know the episodes themselves contradict each other on major points, such as the origin of the Constructicons).

If you like the new movie Dinobots, you ought to check out the Fall of Cybertron Grimlock - it's really neat. While you're at it, keep an eye out for third party unofficial products inspired by the TF licence - figures such as Maketoy's Not-Computron and Fansproject stuff. :)

lol, yeah, I bet you could find plot holes and inconsistencies in just about every TF show, though, Primes' writers seemed to have a better grip on making a consistent story, then again, I never finished TF Prime. Good production and awesome action sequences, but the characters where kinda bland, imo (at least the Autobots were). Did you watch it? If so, what did you think if it?

Yeah, my brother has Fall of Cybertron Grimlock. I like to set it up with the Classics Autobots, not that Classics Grimlock is bad, but I feel that the new one looks better standing with the rest of the cast, partly because of its size.

The third party figures are pretty cool. I don't have any of them though, and I've never really checked the prices on them. I guess I just assumed they were really expensive. lol, the funny thing is, allot the third party figures actually look better than what Hasbro gives us.

Crossfire wrote:Somehow I was able to guess that by looking at your username (although I'm more of a Skywarp dude). It''s always fun to see another fan/collector, so you are most welcome here.

Thanks, lol, Skywarp is cool to :)

Thunderscream872

Postby LastLfan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Dude you are amazing, first off armada hot shot was
the first transformer i ever owned as a kid and he still holds a special place in my heart and I would have rather seen him in the movies than bumblebee. If you still have the armada figure with all the pieces i would love to see it so i can make it my new background. Second LOVE your taste in music, affection by all american rejects is my favorite song of all time. Third, have you played war for cybertron or fall of cybertron?
LastLfan

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:30 am

LastLfan wrote:Dude you are amazing, first off armada hot shot was
the first transformer i ever owned as a kid and he still holds a special place in my heart and I would have rather seen him in the movies than bumblebee. If you still have the armada figure with all the pieces i would love to see it so i can make it my new background. Second LOVE your taste in music, affection by all american rejects is my favorite song of all time. Third, have you played war for cybertron or fall of cybertron?

lol, I know of quite a few people who would have rather seen Hot Shot in the movies than BB. For me, I'm fine with him not being in the movies, cause I worry about what Michael Bay would do to him. I would never trust that guy with one of my favorite characters.

Actually I never got the figure. I have the Powerlinx one, but its not in the best shape. One day I would like to re-buy the entire Armada line just have the complete collection though :) I do have the Classics Hot Shot, but its not really that great of a figure. I really hope we get a Generations one that does him justice.

Thanks, man! "Affection" is a good song. My favorite AAR song is probably either "Change Your Mind" or "The Last Song".

Yes, I played War for Cybertron and a little bit of Fall of Cybertron (my friend brought it over and I play a bit of the campaign). Unfortunately I don't have XBL right now, but I'm working on changing that. I just gotta get a wireless adaptor for my X-Box. Gonna have to upgrade to X-Box One soon. Are you an Xbox or Playstation guy?

Thunderscream872

Postby LastLfan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:24 am

Playstation my man, ya I wouldn't really trust bay with him either. Hot shot is how i tell fans from the band-wagoners.
LastLfan

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Yeah, my brother has Fall of Cybertron Grimlock. I like to set it up with the Classics Autobots, not that Classics Grimlock is bad, but I feel that the new one looks better standing with the rest of the cast, partly because of its size.

The third party figures are pretty cool. I don't have any of them though, and I've never really checked the prices on them. I guess I just assumed they were really expensive. lol, the funny thing is, allot the third party figures actually look better than what Hasbro gives us.

I think FOC Grimlock is a more faithful homage to the G1 Grimlock, given his transformation method and size (Dinobots were always large characters). I dislike how the T-Rex jaws become the legs for Classics Grimlock.

Hasbro's figures are often produced to minimise cost and maximise profit, and so the third party figures appeal more to collectors because they don't skimp on quality, paint apps, and articulation. There is more effort involved in making 3rd party figures usually because they are meant for collectors.
Sammy Boy

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Why hello and how are you my dear sir? Welcome. That's really cool that you collect Transformers figures! Even though I next to nothing about them. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Kaori » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:biking

Important question: What kind of bike? Road, MTB, hybrid? Or were you maybe referring to motorcycling?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 am

Nope, definitely not motorcycling. I think it's a road bike, and I actually have to get a new one, lol.

I've never really thought of the differences between Road, Hybrid, etc. I got it from my neighbor a few years back, and I didn't really look into the different types, but I'm gonna have to now since I need new one. I just knew it work. I almost always ride on concrete, I rarely do anything close to Mountain biking.

Thunderscream872

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Oh, hey, hello! XD sure I'm a little late, sorry about that. Welcome aboard the madness train, and by the way I absolutely love Mikoto so your avatar gets top rank! :XD: hope you enjoy your time with us.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 am

Wolfsong wrote:Oh, hey, hello! XD sure I'm a little late, sorry about that. Welcome aboard the madness train, and by the way I absolutely love Mikoto so your avatar gets top rank! :XD: hope you enjoy your time with us.

lol, Thanks!

And yeah, Mikoto is super awesome!

Thunderscream872

Postby MiaDrosselmeyer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Hello! You say you want to make your own manga one day. =) Do you have anything written drawn? I'd love to do some sharing with you. My goal is to make a manga as well.
MiaDrosselmeyer

Postby radical edward » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:10 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:47 am

MiaDrosselmeyer wrote:Hello! You say you want to make your own manga one day. =) Do you have anything written drawn? I'd love to do some sharing with you. My goal is to make a manga as well.

I do, but I think I'm gonna wait until I feel I'm a better drawer to start posting my artwork here. Right now I just think I have some improving to do.

I have allot written, but I gotta get it organized. Its all kind of a jumbled mess right now, lol. Once I get good enough at drawing, I want to take my writings and transcribe them into a comic/manga form.

radical edward wrote::hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?

I'm actually not sure what that is? Thanks for the welcome though, lol :)

Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Welcome, welcome. Seems you've already made yourself comfortable, and I believe we've already met in chat, but here's the formal intro. Have fun and don't get eaten by the jelly babies.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Who's Who