Guess Who's Back?

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Guess Who's Back?

Postby Angel37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:59 pm

WHOA! Did I really join this site 10 years ago? Really??? Wow!!!

Hi guys! I'm Angel37. I'm old. Lol. Maybe some of you remember me. I've been on hiatus what...5 years? 4? But, a lot has changed in my life, and I was on another forum laid out like this one and got nostalgic so, here I am! :)

A little about me: I've changed ALOT since I was last on. I no longer live in Florida, I've graduated college, I've been to Japan 5 times on missions trips (2 times were graciously funded by one of the CAA members here), I work for a missions organization, and I've grown a lot as a person. But I still have much more to do!

I've been happily married 6 years (some CAAers were even at my wedding! I was so blessed!), no kids but 2 very spunky bettas. my husband and I want to be missionaries to Japan one day. I'm hopelessly addicted to kpop. I'm rather nerdy in that I love video games and DnD and books. My favourite anime is Slayers, which I now finally own all 5 seasons of! Hurray!

I owe God so much, I can't even begin to describe what He's done for me, even in these past few years. I love my life, though it's not easy, and I'm excited to see what's in store down the road!

Gosh, it's been so long I don't even know what to say....I guess I need to explore. See what the new generation of CAA is like!

Questions? Comments? Smart remarks?
Angel37

Re: Guess Who's Back?

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello, stranger. Good to hear your life is going well. :) I've yet to see Slayers, but it's on my incredibly long watch list.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Angel37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Thank you! I adore it. It's kinda old and corny in places, but it's so funny and well done. No matter what anime I see, I always come back to that one. :)
Angel37

Postby drill » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Welcome back to CAA, Angel37! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Do you have a favorite video game?
drill

Postby Angel37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Right now I'm in love with Ni No Kuni. But Skyrim is way up there. I've always been a Mariokart and Pokemon fan back in the day....I like the Final fantasy series, but I never beat 13. Skies of Arcadia is great....I can't think of just one... :(
Angel37

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Crash! :hug: Missed ya, sis!
K. Ayato

Postby Angel37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Oi! Can't have missed me too much since we're Facebook friends. XD
Angel37

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 pm

I don't keep up with your news feed ;).
K. Ayato

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:21 am

You're on FB? Can I have a PM of your page?
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:32 am

Welcome back!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Peanut » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:16 am

Woah. This is a blast from the past. Welcome back!
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby shooraijin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:31 am

Welcome back. Glad to hear about everything God's been doing in your life.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

Some CAA members went to your wedding? What??? Crazy!! And also weird. Why would any of them do that?

...the cheese at the reception was yummy.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby LastLfan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:51 am

Hi, we haven't met before as I only joined a couple years ago so its great to meet you
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:13 pm

Welcome back, I don't believe we've met. *hand shake*
Well, I don't know anything about the old generation, but the new one is pretty random and overall insane. Sound familiar at all?
Oh, happy wedding! *gives wedding present.* I've been saving this for you.
You've been to Japan five times?? *hyperventilating* I am so jealous right now. I went for the first time last fall, and I can't wait to go back. It's awesome to hear that you want to be missionaries there. I believe I'm called to Japan as well, and every day I wish I was back over there. My heart breaks for the Japanese people.
I have many questions.
1. What's your favorite Japanese dish?
2. What color is your carpet?
3. Do you believe in the color green?
4. Do doors open in or out?
5. Where is Honduras?
6. If you had 4 million dollars, how old would your neighbors be?
7. What do you think of calendars?

Comments....let me think.
1. Your username is pretty.
2. There are fewer chat font colors than there used to be.
3. There's a box in the hallway; don't trip over it.
4. You seem like a nice person.
5. I command you to watch Tsubasa if you haven't already, but I'm assuming your a hardened anime veteran, so I'm sure you watched it and loved it.
6. Cats are not better than dogs; they're both wonderful in their own way and neither should be ranked higher than the other in terms of wonderfulness.
7. I wanted to post the same number of comments as questions.

Smart remarks.
1. All of your CAA friends turned old while you were gone. (E-except K-chan)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Angel37 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Rocklobster: You! I know you! And yes you may! I shall send that to you!
Mech: Hey you!!!! Long time no see!
Peanut & Shoo: HII!!! Yes it's been awhile!!
MSP: Yeah who would be weird enough to come to my wedding? Or help me break back into my grandmother's house....
LastLfan: Nice to meet you!
CE4G: Whoa! Nice long response. SO glad you feel the call to Japan. You should totally go back. The agency I work for has a large presence there...great short term program...looking for long term missionaries *cough cough*....just so you know. :)
ok to the questions!!
1. What's your favorite Japanese dish?--- tempura ebi. Preferably in udon. Or yakitori. That's good stuff!
2. What color is your carpet?---it's....uh...flesh coloured? Seriously, what do you call this?
3. Do you believe in the color green?----it's not easy being green
4. Do doors open in or out?----out. so I don't hit myself, lol.
5. Where is Honduras?----On the other side of the DR I believe.....but I get all my islands confused. I'm really not good at geography.
6. If you had 4 million dollars, how old would your neighbors be?---- dead. XDDDDD
7. What do you think of calendars?--- they are LIFE. Especially in my job.

Comments....let me think.
1. Your username is pretty.-----thanks! Except it's one my ex boyfriend gave me....siiiiiiiiigh........
2. There are fewer chat font colors than there used to be.---- WHAT?! WHY?!
3. There's a box in the hallway; don't trip over it.-----thanks for the warning.
4. You seem like a nice person.----- thank you! I think we'll get along swimmingly.
5. I command you to watch Tsubasa if you haven't already, but I'm assuming your a hardened anime veteran, so I'm sure you watched it and loved it.----I did not watch Tsubasa, I READ Tsubasa. And yes, I loved it, though it did break my brain a bit.
6. Cats are not better than dogs; they're both wonderful in their own way and neither should be ranked higher than the other in terms of wonderfulness.----but fish are superior. Especially bettas.
7. I wanted to post the same number of comments as questions.---- good job! LOL.

Smart remarks.
1. All of your CAA friends turned old while you were gone. (E-except K-chan)--- nd many of them were older than me to start with. XD!!!
Angel37

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey it's been a while. What's up?
Psycho Molos

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:41 am

Nice to meet you, Angel :) Your avatar looks familiar--maybe you were still around when I joined? In any case, welcome back!
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 am

*gasp* A Tsubasa reader! You are my new hero! Yes, it's definitely hard on the brain. XD
Angel37 wrote:The agency I work for has a large presence there...great short term program...looking for long term missionaries *cough cough*....just so you know. :)

Ooh, what agency is this? I am now interested. XD
Also, can't believe I didn't think to ask this earlier, but how on earth did you finance all those trips? Japan is so speeeeensiiiiiiive....
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Ah, Tsubasa is the ultimate brain scrambler. Agh--Everything's been asked so uh....
What kind of music do you listen to? And we've probably never met before, so *waves giant bamboo stick in greeting manner and offers cake*
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Angel37 wrote:Right now I'm in love with Ni No Kuni. But Skyrim is way up there. I've always been a Mariokart and Pokemon fan back in the day....I like the Final fantasy series, but I never beat 13. Skies of Arcadia is great....I can't think of just one... :(

You played Skies of Arcadia? AWESOME! You're the first person I've met who's even heard of the game!
lol hi, welcome back to CAA. Though not many people are aware of it, the initials mean something new now. They stand for Christian Anime Asylum. So...be careful. We've a lot new, weirder inmates than we used to. Like me. So watch your step, because someone forgot to clean the floor, and there's still stuff from the last person we gutted....ah, forget I said that.
lol sorry. Welcome to CAA, and I hope to see you around soon.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Nice to meet you ^_^ Welcome back!
I... I also like Skies of Arcadia... and kpop...
Flesh colored carpet huh? Like a mix between tan and salmon? talmon maybe?? Or tanmon. or San. Or ugly. Not that your carpet is ugly. I haven't even seen your carpet... and even if it was I bet your home decorating abilities compensate for it entirely. Like, I bet the carpet isn't the focal point of the room. Probably some real nice piece of modern art is, or a fancy lamp or something. I'll just stop now.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby GoldenEagle » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:33 am

Skies of Arcadia was awesome. I played it a little bit a while ago. :)
こんにちは、皆さん! 始めまして!

The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity. - Abraham Lincoln

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FlockOfEagles
GoldenEagle

Return to Who's Who