I am new!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I am new!

Postby Cat96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi, I'm Cat96. I'll be turning 15 this month.

I'm really into anime thanks to a friend of mine. Now I'm the one suggesting animes to her! Anyway, I've been a believer for awhile and really enjoy it.

I've only seen a few animes: Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Death Note, Pokémon, Beyblade Metal Fusion-Shogun Steel(whatever that series is called), Black Cat. I have tried Naruto and SAO, but didn't like them (Death Note is iffy for me since after watching over 20 episodes).

As for manga, I've read some of Pokémon, Black Cat, and Ouran High School Host Club.

For games, I mostly play Pokémon, Mario, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory.

I'm glad to be here, getting to talk to anime/manga/game lovers who are believers. :D It gives me a chance to see if an anime has any content I may not like before I have to scar myself for life.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Re: I am new!

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to you, Cat96. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^

It warms my heart every time I meet another Ouran fan, or at least someone who will not run away when they hear "KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE".
goldenspines

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Greetings fellow Pokemon trainer.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Cat96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm

goldenspines wrote:Hello and a very warm welcome to you, Cat96. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^

It warms my heart every time I meet another Ouran fan, or at least someone who will not run away when they hear "KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE".

I'm not one for overly romantic animes, but OHSHC had just the right amount of romance in it. I really enjoyed the humor (like in episode 9) and the characters were very interesting. I love animes with interesting characters like OHSHC and Soul Eater.

I rarely get to interact with fellow anime lovers, due to my school being so small. There's a Bible study and a couple sports teams and that's about it.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby drill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Welcome to CAA, Cat96! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Also, it's cool to see that I'm not the only one to play Rune Factory. What ones have you played? Which one is your favorite?
drill

Postby Cat96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:47 pm

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA, Cat96! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Also, it's cool to see that I'm not the only one to play Rune Factory. What ones have you played? Which one is your favorite?

I've played RF 1-4. I don't really have time to play the console games (my mother uses the television a lot). I wish I could though.

Anyway, I really enjoyed RF2 for the plot (2nd generation is when the plot really starts). I also really liked RF4 for the plot as well and for the interesting characters.

I didn't really enjoy RF1 much (liked the concept but the house upgrade takes forever to save up for). I had bought RF2 used because I was bored and felt like giving Rune Factory another chance.
Cat96

Postby little.gun.nut » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome to CAA Cat96! Ouran Highschool Host Club is AMAZING!! Who is your favorite character? Mine is probably Haruhi, Tamaki, or the twins. Soul Eater, Black Cat, and Death Note are amazing as well.
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Postby DecooPunk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi! Welcome to CAA! :D
Have you seen any Ghibli movies?
DecooPunk

Postby Cat96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm

little.gun.nut: I like Haruhi, Honey, and Mori (especially after reading certain parts of the manga). Death Note was iffy (no opinion on it), though I'm leaning towards liking it. Soul Eater, OHSHC, and Black Cat are my favorite animes. I like all the characters in Soul Eater. They all were just awesome (big part of the reason why I like it so much). I love the pure friendship in that anime (friendship can be cuter than romance, in my opinion). It helps when you are also a brony (or you could call me a pegasister, but I prefer brony).

DecooPunk: No, are they good? What are they about? I'm always in the mood for learning about more anime.
Cat96

Postby LastLfan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:37 pm

BRONY BRONY BRONY BRONY, the herd grows here at CAA, anywho i am the last of the L fans, please enjoy the free sushi, stay away from the sour cream and as with any good forum, always bring a spare sword.
LastLfan

Postby shooraijin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Cat96 wrote:DecooPunk: No, are they good? What are they about? I'm always in the mood for learning about more anime.

The Cat Returns(A girl gets engaged to a cat prince on accident so she gets help from another cat and his two friends to save her but she is taken to the cat world so they go after her to rescue her.) , Ponyo (A retelling of The Little Mermaid, a little fish befriends a little boy and becomes human by messing with her dad's magic but this makes the sea wacky and it floods and stuff and she has to decide whether to stay with the boy or be a fish.), and The borrower Arrietty (A retelling of the book The Borrowers.) are my three favorites but they've made more. (I stink at summaries. I am sorry. :sweat: )
DecooPunk

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Welcome, welcome.
Cat96 wrote:(friendship can be cuter than romance, in my opinion).

*gasp* A kindred spirit...
First off, I have something important to say. You must watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Also, you must read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I understand what you mean about being careful about what you watch, which is why I can with comfidence recommend Tsubasa to you. It's very clean and superbly awesome.
Anyways, beware the insanity, and...and...what else was I going to say?
Oh, yeah. I noticed you have the word "cat" in your username. Beware the crazy cat lady. She may try to imprison you for all eternity.
Okay, that was exhausting. I need sleep. Good day.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Cat96 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 pm

DecooPunk: Oh, I did see the Secret World of Arriety! I always knew that was a Japanese movie, but I forgot who made it. That was such a cute movie. The emphasis on the friendship was awesome and shows just how much the few moments the characters spend together were crucially important. I honestly liked the movie better than the book for once.

ClaecElric4God: Yeah, after having to watch several "chic flics" with my mother I have found that most of those movies (key word is "most", I have seen maybe two or three good ones that I had actually enjoyed that aren't counting the Disney princess ones which are not quite as bad) are pretty cheesy (just my opinion). Friendship is not always kittens and rainbows, but its always well worth it. I like the simplicity of it, yet it still has some complexity (that is not quite as cheesy as romance). Sorry about that mini-rant. :red: It is a little strange for an almost 15 year old teenage girl to prefer friendship to romance (I'm referring to entertainment mostly, though I'm not dating because I chose to spend my time on other things that are more important to me right now).

Sounds like I'll be trying Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle then. I've heard of it, but didn't know enough to give it a shot (I typically give an anime I know nothing about a shot when someone suggests that I watch it). Soul Eater wasn't completely clean (Blair mostly, and some other stuff) but I still really enjoyed it. In fact, my biggest complaint about it so far was that it needed to be more clean! Though despite that, the lack of cleanness didn't keep me from enjoying the awesome characters and the plot.
About the cat thing, I simply chose that because it's easy to remember. :XD: Felines are very strange, but very funny. I do admit, my grandparents are crazy cat people (they have a housecat and they feed several stray cats twice a day every day) so it runs in the family.

I feel very happy that I am welcomed here. I consider myself to be a bit odd, so I feel glad that people are accepting me. :D

Edit: I do realize that I watch Ouran High School Host Club, a romantic anime. The reason for that is that it doesn't go too into romance (and when it does it is very mild), and I saw a whole lot of friendship when it wasn't romantic. Besides, the characters and the humor were funny.
Cat96

Postby RefractedAhav » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:44 am

wilkommen ! velcom to our humble little site! Tsubasa is a good choice. Engaged to the Unknown is a little weird but cleaner than much of the recent stuff that I've seen lately. Also Usagi Drop is really good. If you haven't seen it, When They Cry starts of as kind of a creepy murder mystery meets ground hogs day but in the end turns into a nice piece on friendship. Detective School Q is a nice mystery that has some character development involving friendship, Dragon Drive deals a little with "the power of friendship" and it's not too cheesy. Also Eden of the East is my favorite, it's kind of an upbeat, Spy-romance blend. There is one character that is particularly dirty but for the most part the show self-sensors and it doesn't show any actual interaction between any of the characters, the main characters relationship stays pure through the entire story. There is a bit of violence though. I could probably think of more but I think I will live it at this for now.
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Hey I love Harvest Moon! :D Which game is your favorite?
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Cat96 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:15 pm

RefractedAhay: Wow, that's a lot of anime/manga to add to my "to watch/read" list. :dizzy: I can handle it though. All sound really good. Its surprising how I'm getting more into anime/manga thanks to this site. I still need to finish Death Note and Soul Eater.

TheAlbinoMoose: Love your username! :grin: I'm glad to have meet a fellow farmer. Harvest Moon is a game I grew up playing (I've been playing it for as long as I can remember). I would say my favorite console game would be A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life. I always loved to get up early in that game just to see the beautiful ocean which looked so real. I will point out that I have yet to play Tree of Tranquility or Animal Parade yet. As for handheld games, I'd say Friends of Mineral Town/More Friends of Mineral Town were my favorite. I remember how fun the farming was (and that's one of my favorite parts of the series).
Cat96

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Yessss! A Wonderful Life was my first HM game, and to this day it's my favorite game as far as the environment and graphics are. I spent a large part just looking around at everything in 1st person XD The music is beautiful, too. Oh and I love Cliff from Mineral town. :D who's your favorite MFOMT guy?
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 pm

*random member who's first HM game was also Wonderful life*
Konichiwa~! Have a panda bear hug <3 *glomps*
I commend you to watch FMA, it's lovely and you'll love it and stuff.
Got any favorite music? (everything else has been asked XD;; ).
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Cat96 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

TheAlbinoMoose: Well, I don't really remember. Romance isn't the reason I play the game (I do that part of I get bored), though I do remember Cliff.

Panda4Christ:3: *accepts the panda hug* I can tell you like Pandas. Pandas are very cute. :grin: I was thinking of watching FMA, but I wasn't sure which one I should watch (the normal or brotherhood). Hmm... My favorite music...I don't listen to too much music. Mostly movie soundtracks. What's your favorite music?
Cat96

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Ah, both series are good. Though I personally care more for brotherhood (mostly because the later part is better XD)
Oh, me? Uh, I listen mostly to Three Days Grace, Green Day, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park etc.
what's your favorite movie soundtrack? :3

Postby Cat96 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Ah, both series are good. Though I personally care more for brotherhood (mostly because the later part is better XD)
Oh, me? Uh, I listen mostly to Three Days Grace, Green Day, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park etc.
what's your favorite movie soundtrack? :3

I typically like any of Disney animated movie soundtracks.

Looks like I'll try both then. I typically watch anime on Hulu, and I know Hulu doesn't have a lot of FMA Brotherhood. Do you know of another legal site I can go on to watch it for free?
Cat96

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:28 pm

You can watch it on funimation in sub with no subscription or in dub with a subscription (though me and my brother cheated and watched the whole last part before the trial ended)
Do you have Netflix? They have the first four parts on there.

Postby Cat96 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:08 pm

I don't have Netflix, but I can try the funnimation thing during spring break next month.

Oh, and I love you avatar. :D Soul Eater is one of my favorite animes (and luckily hulu has a lot of the subbed episodes).
Cat96

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Cat96 wrote:Oh, and I love you avatar. :D Soul Eater is one of my favorite animes (and luckily hulu has a lot of the subbed episodes).

And I hope you enjoy FMA :3

Return to Who's Who