Hi! I'm New Here! :D

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hi! I'm New Here! :D

Postby Ronigirl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:27 am

Hello! My username is Ronigirl (Roni is said: Rah-nee, like Veronica in the Archie comics). I'm 23 and from Kansas! I'm really excited to have an account on this site and start meeting other Christian anime fans!

My anime history: I didn't start watching anime until I was about 14 when the guy I liked (and eventually married) lent me some DVD's (to be specific they were DN Angel, Ruroni Kenshin, and Chobits). I was surprised how much depth and character development were involved in the stories, since they were "cartoons" to me. I kept watching them, and now I'm a rather big fan of them. I watch the latest anime on crunchyroll, go to the local conventions, and cosplay with my hubby. I really love celebrating the stories and characters, but I have only met one other great Christian anime fan.

I hope to make some friends here that will encourage me in the faith, as well as understand my excitement about anime. I'm excited to get to know people! To start off, I'll ask you guys a couple questions. :) What are your favorite animes? What was the most recent anime you've seen?
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Ronigirl

Re: Hi! I'm New Here! :D

Postby drill » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Welcome to CAA Roni! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

You know, it is VERY unusual for a newbie to be asking the questions~
My favorite anime would have to be Steins;Gate, Mouretsu Pirates, and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou in that order.
My most recent anime would be SKET Dance, Samurai Champloo, and Chuunibyou season 2.

Also, what are your favorite anime?
drill

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 am

Welcome to the Nuthouse! :lol:

My favorite anime are probably Fruits Basket, K-On!, Azumanga Daioh, and a few Studio Ghibli titles. Most recently, my wife and I are watching GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class (via crunchy roll, as it turns out). My wife is an artist for a living, so she gets to explain the various art-specific jokes to me.

Echoing drill's question, how about you? :)
Mithrandir

Postby uranium52081 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Roniiii! We're on the site! yay! Christian otakus are the best!!
uranium52081

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:09 am

Welcome to CAA. *Waves*
anlptgtsg

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Welcome, welcome.
First, I'll answer your questions so I don't forget. My favorite anime is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and if you haven't watched it I command you to. Most recently, I watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, though I'm currently watching Noragami as it airs.
D.N.Angel! It's seldom I hear from someone who's watched/enjoyed that. Haha, I know exactly what you mean as far as depth. That's what separated anime from cartoons for me, and what drew me into it.
Well, it's nice to meet you, and hope to see you around the forums.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Ronigirl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 pm

anlptgtsg wrote:Welcome to CAA. *Waves*

*waves back* Thank you!! :D
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Ronigirl

Postby Ronigirl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 pm

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA Roni! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

You know, it is VERY unusual for a newbie to be asking the questions~
My favorite anime would have to be Steins;Gate, Mouretsu Pirates, and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou in that order.
My most recent anime would be SKET Dance, Samurai Champloo, and Chuunibyou season 2.

Also, what are your favorite anime?

I want to get to know you guys too, and asking questions is the best way! :D I really need to see Steins;Gate, I've heard good things! AAAHHH!! You're watching Chuunibyou season 2?? I LOVE Chuunibyou! I had a case of 8th grade syndrome when I was a freshman in high school, so I really relate to the characters. XD

Some of my favorite anime are DN Angel, Mahoraba, and Clannad!

Mithrandir wrote:Welcome to the Nuthouse! :lol:

My favorite anime are probably Fruits Basket, K-On!, Azumanga Daioh, and a few Studio Ghibli titles. Most recently, my wife and I are watching GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class (via crunchy roll, as it turns out). My wife is an artist for a living, so she gets to explain the various art-specific jokes to me.

Echoing drill's question, how about you? :)

Yah nuthouses!! Nuts are the best kind of people. lol I've seen all of your favorite animes!! They're all awesome! My fav Ghibli movie is Ponyo because it's all romancey. lol I added GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class to my "to watch" list! I can't wait to try it out because I'm a artist/soon to be art teacher!

Some of my favorite anime are DN Angel, Mahoraba, and Clannad! :)

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome.
First, I'll answer your questions so I don't forget. My favorite anime is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and if you haven't watched it I command you to. Most recently, I watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, though I'm currently watching Noragami as it airs.
D.N.Angel! It's seldom I hear from someone who's watched/enjoyed that. Haha, I know exactly what you mean as far as depth. That's what separated anime from cartoons for me, and what drew me into it.
Well, it's nice to meet you, and hope to see you around the forums.

I watched about half of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Sadly I've heard that it doesn't actually end in the anime, which is why I stopped watching it. I do love Clamp stories, but I prefer to read the mangas (the art is also SO AMAZING~!). I'll have to get my hands on the manga and read it! Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun IS ADORABLE!!! I really hope there is a second season. :) I'm also watching Noragami! It has a lot of potential to be awesome. lol

DN Angel is actually one of my fav animes!! I plan on cosplaying Risa and having my hubby cosplay Dark. XD

It's nice to meet you too ClaecElric4God! I will see ya around! :D
Ronigirl

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Welcome, Ronigirl. I'm not current on many series but my favourites include Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku and You're Under Arrest!. I need to finish Master Keaton, too.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Who's Who