Nice to meet you all.

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Nice to meet you all.

Postby Samuru » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi, my name's Michael, I live in Miami, FL. I'm actually an old-school anime/manga/video game/rpg player. I'm a teacher actually, but a proud otaku! :)

Blessed to have found this forum. Been a Christian since I was 17, gave my life to Christ in high school. Looking forward to meeting you. I honestly found this forum after going to my first big con here in Miami, and I had a burden to see what God is doing in our culture (otaku/anime/games/manga/etc.etc.), yet after looking through the events and spending all day at the con, really felt/saw/experienced nothing there.

If anybody is part of any organization, church, or individual (or even just something you do personally) I would love to hear it. I would like some ideas to see if I can put something together at SuperCon Miami, FL which is coming up in July.

Thanks all, God bless :) Excited to be here.
2 Corinthians 12:10
That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Samuru

Re: Nice to meet you all.

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Welcome aboard. Er, to the board. Er, something...

o.o/
Mithrandir

Postby drill » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Welcome to CAA Samuru! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
drill

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Welcome. What do you teach?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:40 am

Welcome! Glad to hear you have an interest in God working in anime culture. Since you are specifically asking, this won't count as advertising right? :P
I and a few others, some of who are on this forum too, somewhere, blog specifically about bridging anime and Christianity. I bet you can find a lot of ideas by browsing some of the posts. In fact, TWWK recently hosted a Christian anime panel at a con, so you can probably ask him for some specifics.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 am

Welcome, welcome.
That's an awesome goal. I have no suggestions, but I hope you get some advice and make this work. That would be pretty cool.
Hope to see you around the forums!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 am

Hi! Welcome to CAA! :D
DecooPunk

Postby emmatheveritas » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Hello, there, Michael! Welcome to the machine! I'm glad to have you here, being a newbie myself. Do you draw manga? I've been teaching myself for a bit over a year. It's great to see yet another anime-loving Christian here! Oooh, RPGs? Do you play Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi? I loves Lord Fawful from a few of them, and will squeal of you know him, too! Sorry, too many exclamation points. :bang:
Anyways, have fun here and I hope to see you round!
Veritas out!
I have chortles! :grin:
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Postby Samuru » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Welcome aboard. Er, to the board. Er, something...

o.o/

Thanks! God bless ya.
That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Samuru

Postby Samuru » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 pm

KazeShiki wrote:Welcome! Glad to hear you have an interest in God working in anime culture. Since you are specifically asking, this won't count as advertising right? :P
I and a few others, some of who are on this forum too, somewhere, blog specifically about bridging anime and Christianity. I bet you can find a lot of ideas by browsing some of the posts. In fact, TWWK recently hosted a Christian anime panel at a con, so you can probably ask him for some specifics.

Thanks for the link :) I actually am on staff for BtT, TWWK is a great guy. I would have loved to be at that panel :(

God bless ya.
Samuru

Postby Samuru » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 pm

DecooPunk wrote:Hi! Welcome to CAA! :D

Thanks!
Samuru

Postby Samuru » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 pm

emmatheveritas wrote:Hello, there, Michael! Welcome to the machine! I'm glad to have you here, being a newbie myself. Do you draw manga? I've been teaching myself for a bit over a year. It's great to see yet another anime-loving Christian here! Oooh, RPGs? Do you play Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi? I loves Lord Fawful from a few of them, and will squeal of you know him, too! Sorry, too many exclamation points. :bang:
Anyways, have fun here and I hope to see you round!
Veritas out!
I have chortles! :grin:

Thanks for the welcome!! Blessings :) Nope, never touched drawing, I'm terrible...not my gift. Yeah, love anime been watching it forever. I'm not too up to date on several of the more popular series but I'm getting there...Paper Mario I never got to play, I have to get myself a Wii U. I'm a big PlayStation fan myself, and am an Xbox hater haha. Yup, Lord Fawful is from the Mario series, he's a weird dude haha. I've seen him in images and videos.

Thanks again! Take care.
Samuru

Return to Who's Who