Start of new things

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Start of new things

Postby TheEternalStudent » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Greetings to everyone reading!! Glad i stumbled upon this little underground avenue for believers who like anime!! I too rank among you all. I grew up watching the typical DB, Pokemon, Gundam wing and other things that came on in the late 90s. Since then, ive just been catching a mix of popular and seemingly not known shows, ranging from known shows like Naruto, Bleach, Bepop, Champloo, Hajime No Ippo etc, to lesser known, more...intense/ in depth/ deeper ( i guess) shows and mangas like Basalisk, Gungrave (i liked but it got bland midway through), and a lot of mangas that havent hit production yet liek psyren and other interesting reads.

Im a new manga writer as well, Ive always had in my head, the thought of doing my own manga/anime one day. But not until recently, that ive been able to bring it forth and moreso, with good purpose. In increasing my walk with the lord its been shown to me that ANYTHING (outside of something that is sinful in and of itself) can be used to bring glory and honor to God. I think God started revealing ways that I could use my manga to display his grace and mercy and just show what life is like with him. Even in fiction. Hopefully I'll be able to show that to you all real soon (at least character sketches at least, I dont draw, waiting on an artist to finish sketching them). Look forward to meeting you all!

Oh yea...bio type stuff: mid 20s, huge video game guy pretty much any genre, extremely heavy fighting game fan, had to cut back, near idolatry levels of playing lol. Had ps3 and 360 but now only own a ps3. anything else? ASK AND RECIEVE!!!
TheEternalStudent

Re: Start of new things

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to CAA! :D
It's cool you want to make manga. I kind of wanted to do that for a while~
DecooPunk

Postby drill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

I know you listed several anime, but do you have a favorite?
drill

Postby TheEternalStudent » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:15 pm

DecooPunk wrote:Welcome to CAA! :D
It's cool you want to make manga. I kind of wanted to do that for a while~

UNtil???? U should take a shot at it!!!
TheEternalStudent

Postby TheEternalStudent » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

I really dont lol!! It kinda depends on how im feeling, and at what point the series or show/manga is in. Ive been all in excited about Naruto and Bleach at certain points, then it gets kinda.....less exciting and Ill go check out some shorter animes or start reading up on a new manga....Let me try to give a top 5..i really cant give you one
(in no order)
Naruto
Hajime No Ippo
Samurai Champloo
Golgo 13 (i forgot about this epic show)
Samurai 7/Basilisk??

lol its really hard for me to choose a favorite. i like different things for different aspects. I admire Naruto's jutsu system and "Gov't" type setting, Ippo is a good pace of action with slice of life comedy (id like to see more of these if u can recommend some). Champloo is the action/ comradery (i used to be a big fan of samurais..now im not THAT big of a fan, but that history still intrigues me a bit). Golgo 13 was just an all around good show to me, and Samurai 7,good action. Basilisk, great action with romance intertwined..

Full Metal Alchemist could probably make that list instead pf S7 and Basilisk, but i never finished watching the whole thing. Im not a fan of shows based in the Europe Industrial period, but this show caught my eye, watched every ep that was on netflix at the time....

Im definitely open to suggestions on Manga and Anime shows. Thank!!!

EDIT: You know what!? I would put DARKER THAN BLACK over S7 and Bas. that was a REALLY good show and pretty unique!! Thats probably one of my favorites!!!
TheEternalStudent

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey, welcome to the weirdness board. Be sure to leave sanity outside before you enter, I can't promise you'll keep it if you bring it inside with you. Of course, if you wrapped it in a newspaper with some fish, we might leave it alone, but I can't promise about the cats...
:lol:
Have fun, hang around, I hope to see you in chat!
Good luck with the manga, by the way. Please, if you have anything, story, pictures, anything, please share it with us!
Wolfsong

Postby TheEternalStudent » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 pm

will do thanks! everything is in the mega early stage right now. I wrote my first arc a few years back, but it got wiped out on my computer, now im writing it over again and i really dont mind, as now im more detailed and have a better idea after been able to think about it for so long. I have everything in my head though, like 5 arcs in and even a time skip, its just a matter of getting the specifics down on paper and getting everything drawn. But im optimistic!!!
TheEternalStudent

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:59 pm

TheEternalStudent wrote:
drill wrote:Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

I really dont lol!! It kinda depends on how im feeling, and at what point the series or show/manga is in. Ive been all in excited about Naruto and Bleach at certain points, then it gets kinda.....less exciting and Ill go check out some shorter animes or start reading up on a new manga....Let me try to give a top 5..i really cant give you one
(in no order)
Naruto
Hajime No Ippo
Samurai Champloo
Golgo 13 (i forgot about this epic show)
Samurai 7/Basilisk??

lol its really hard for me to choose a favorite. i like different things for different aspects. I admire Naruto's jutsu system and "Gov't" type setting, Ippo is a good pace of action with slice of life comedy (id like to see more of these if u can recommend some). Champloo is the action/ comradery (i used to be a big fan of samurais..now im not THAT big of a fan, but that history still intrigues me a bit). Golgo 13 was just an all around good show to me, and Samurai 7,good action. Basilisk, great action with romance intertwined..

Full Metal Alchemist could probably make that list instead pf S7 and Basilisk, but i never finished watching the whole thing. Im not a fan of shows based in the Europe Industrial period, but this show caught my eye, watched every ep that was on netflix at the time....

Im definitely open to suggestions on Manga and Anime shows. Thank!!!

EDIT: You know what!? I would put DARKER THAN BLACK over S7 and Bas. that was a REALLY good show and pretty unique!! Thats probably one of my favorites!!!

Welcome aboard, EternalStudent.

There's only a few shows on your list that I actually like. Other titles, like Basilisk, Hajime no Ippo and Golgo 13 never got too much of my attention, and I never really got into most of the long-running series like Naruto and Bleach. Samurai Champloo ranks up there as one of my favorites (bought the DVD a few months ago, too), and Cowboy Bebop ranks a bit more above that one.

Also, it's rare for me to find someone who didn't really like Fullmetal Alchemist that much. What do you think of the "Brotherhood" spin-off?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA! Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Return to Who's Who