Hello!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello!

Postby invaderv93 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Well hello there, you dashing strangers you. ;) I'm V and I'm new here. I'm friends with Xeno, Ante Bellum, Daughter of Zion, and Davidizer13, and after a few months of lurking over their shoulders I've decided to join the party.
Sooo stuff about me...Um, I'm 20, I'm a ladything who likes ladystuff, feminist, nondenominational Christian, fairly liberal but don't have a set political leaning/ideology/etc. I'm sort of part punk, part hipster, part flapper, and all nerd. Basically imagine Hunter S. Thompson and Dorothy Parker had a baby and it was raised by Star Trek-loving circus freaks, and you have me in a nutshell. I don't watch a ton of anime, but I'm fond of Redline, Princess Tutu, Princess Jellyfish, Baccano! and the few episodes of Cowboy Beebop, Giant Robo, and LOGH that I've seen. I'm really into steam, cyber, and especially dieselpunk and am currently working on a neo-noir book I hope to finish by early spring. I also write sci-fi, mystery, comedy, horror, and and the occasional dark fantasy. I'm a very minor league slam poet in Minneapolis and am trying to build more of a following, so if you know of anywhere looking for acts let me know! I recently started drafting a series of comic books, which is going very very slowly indeed as I cannot actually draw (I know, I'm so great at plans, my logic is just impeccable). So yeah, lot of fingers in a lot of pies, which I like. Keeps life interesting.
When I'm not writing, I'm usually...reading or watching old movies, because I am a very exciting person. I like noir and horror films and grew up with only TCM and PBS to watch, so I can give you a great list of films to watch. Don't watch them with me, though, since I'm an amateur film critic and I do not shut up. Even if I like it. Especially if I don't. You have been warned. Book-wise I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I have a serious serious poetry crush on Dante, I think Victor Hugo can do no wrong, and James Crumley makes me want to quit existence because I WILL NEVER BE THAT TALENTED ARRRRGH *sobs* I read some comics (Deadpool, X-Men, Ultimate Spiderman, Sandman, Fable), play some vidya gamez (Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands mostly), and sometimes mooch off my extrovert boyfriend's social skills when I must leave the comfort of my laptop and bookshelf.
So yeah, that's me for ya. Pleasure to meet you all. *curtsies, exits stage right*
invaderv93

Re: Hello!

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to you, Invaderv93. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^

I tip my hat to you for not only liking Redline and Baccano! but also enjoying Giant Robo!
goldenspines

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Welcome, welcome.
V stands for Vexillar, right? Either that or Viscacha, it must be. Either way, V is a very fun and interesting letter. You are more than welcome aboard our wonderful if slightly shady forum. Before you can be fully recognized, however, you must sign this waiver. I mean, it's not like you're likely to die or lose your sanity here, it's just a precaution...
Anyways, the days are scorching and the nights are frigid, but otherwise this is a lovely place. And by your detailed description of yourself, you seem like the type who might actually survive! However, I must warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. It takes courage, determination, initiative, work ethic, reckless abandon, irrationality, bluntness, and cold-heartedness, to make it here. You must discard all visions of world peace or coexistence with your fellow-CAAers. Rise above the masses, persevere until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Enjoy yourself, have a wonderful stay, and I hope to see you around the forums!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby shooraijin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby drill » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Welcome to CAA V! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
drill

Postby johnnydead83 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Welcome, and enjoy your time here. :)
johnnydead83

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Hey look, it's my ex.

Also SHE LIES. She watched like half an episode of Robo but spent most of the time playing with polymer clay and a noodlemaker. And she STILL HAS MY BACCANO! DVDS.
Ante Bellum

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 pm

You sound awesome! :3 Welcome!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby LupoRedgrave » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:11 am

Invaderv93, a warm welcome to you and enjoy the place.
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

invaderv93 wrote:feminist

invaderv93 wrote:nondenominational Christian

invaderv93 wrote:fairly liberal but don't have a set political leaning/ideology/etc.

invaderv93 wrote:I'm sort of part punk, part hipster, part flapper, and all nerd.

invaderv93 wrote:Basically imagine Hunter S. Thompson and Dorothy Parker had a baby and it was raised by Star Trek-loving circus freaks

Oh we're going to be friends for sure.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Ayleth » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 am

Hello, glad to be here. The review function has been very helpful in the past
Ayleth

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Ryan doesn't let the fact that this thread is four months old stop him from trying to turn on the charm.

It's okay buddy I would've done the same.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:25 am

I'm always about searching CAA for feminism and Hunter S Thompson to be mentioned.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby shooraijin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Ayleth wrote:Hello, glad to be here. The review function has been very helpful in the past

Ayleth, welcome -- please create a thread of your own so we can welcome you properly.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby invaderv93 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 pm

@Mr. Smartypants: As well you should. No finer subjects in the world.
invaderv93

Return to Who's Who