I HAVE RETURNED

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I HAVE RETURNED

Postby Adie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:44 am

Wow. Hi, CAA!
I haven't been on this website in 3 years. o_o
I doubt if anyone remembers me, but I used to come on here quite often—I don't remember why I stopped, but I thought it might be fun to start posting here again. :) (I wasn't sure if I should make a thread re-introducing myself, but I saw a few other returning members do it, so.)
I'm Addela, I'm 22 years old, I'm a college student now, and I'm hoping to graduate in a year or two with a Creative Writing degree.
It's nice to meet you all! :)
Adie

Re: I HAVE RETURNED

Postby drill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:56 am

Welcome back to CAA Adie! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

What is your favorite anime and/or manga?
drill

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Welcome back!! :) I love your avatar by the way! Best game... How is the creative writing degree going? I have in the past thought about getting that myself.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Adie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm

drill wrote:Welcome back to CAA Adie! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

What is your favorite anime and/or manga?

Thanks~! :D
Oh gosh, I have a lot of favorite anime, haha... Some of them are: Monster, Princess Tutu, Cowboy Bebop, Madoka Magica, Kimi ni Todoke, Baccano, and Usagi Drop. I also love anything by Studio Ghibli, Satoshi Kon, or Makoto Shinkai.
Fullmetal Alchemist is definitely my favorite manga, by far. :)
How about you? What are your favorite anime & manga series?

Makachop^^128 wrote:Welcome back!! :) I love your avatar by the way! Best game... How is the creative writing degree going? I have in the past thought about getting that myself.

Thank you! :) Ah yes, I love the Bioshock games. Infinite is my favorite of the three. :)
It's going well so far! It's impossible to know everything there is to know about writing, so I'm constantly learning and growing in the craft—I am still far from a "good writer," but I've improved a lot by studying it at school. :)
I'm guessing you enjoy writing too, then? That's awesome~! Are you still thinking about getting a creative writing degree?
Adie

Postby drill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:58 pm

My favorite anime would have to be Steins;Gate followed closely by Clannad. Usually anything sci-fi or comedy will rank high on my list.

As for manga, I have really only read one series, and that is Pokemon Adventures. I have started the first few chapters of a few mangas including Koko Ni Iru Yo! and Fullmetal Alchemist, but have not found the time to read them yet.
drill

Postby Adie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Cool! I've heard good things about Steins;Gate—it's on my "to watch" list. :) And Clannad is a great series as well! I have yet to watch an anime that makes me cry as much as After Story did, haha.
If you liked the first few chapters of Fullmetal Alchemist, I'd highly recommend reading the rest—the story only gets better as the manga goes on. :) It's dark and dramatic, but there's also a lot of great comedy in it.
Adie

Postby PandaPop » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:13 am

Hello and Welcome Back, Adie!!
I love Usagi Drop too :waah!:, It was just a giant abundance of cuteness!
PandaPop

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 am

I haven't been able to play the other two but if they are anything like infinite I'd probably love it!! Thats great! What genre do you write? There is a writing section on CAA if you ever wanna post stuff! I do love to write as well mostly short Stories, some poetry.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

Makachop^^128

Postby Adie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm

PandaPop wrote:Hello and Welcome Back, Adie!!
I love Usagi Drop too :waah!:, It was just a giant abundance of cuteness!

Thank you~!
Eep, I agree! It's easily one of the most adorable shows I've ever seen. :)
I like your avatar! Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite Ghibli movies. :)

Makachop^^128 wrote:I haven't been able to play the other two but if they are anything like infinite I'd probably love it!! Thats great! What genre do you write? There is a writing section on CAA if you ever wanna post stuff! I do love to write as well mostly short Stories, some poetry.

They are very similar to Infinite in a lot of ways. :) I think they're a little darker than Infinite, but they're still wonderful games.
I mostly write drama, I suppose. I'm more interested in writing about different types of people than I am certain genres, so I'll dabble in most anything if I feel inspired to. :) The only things I don't write much of are romance, sci-fi, and fantasy. I find sci-fi and fantasy difficult to write, and I can't do romance without it being cheesy. :p Haha.
What sort of short stories do you like to write~?
Cool! I'll have to go check it out. :)
Adie

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Welcome, welcome. I don't believe we've met (I haven't been around that long). *hand shake*
Well, we're more than glad to have you back. And I don't have to brief you on the terrors of CAA. You'll find everything exactly as you left it, except the things that changed. If you have a hard time finding your way around, ask one of the assassins that lurk in the shadows. But only the American ones. The others can't be trusted.
Hope to see you around the forums!
Beware the purple bed curtains.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Adie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:50 pm

It's nice to meet you! :)
Ahh, good to know. I'll be sure to avoid assassins with foreign accents, then. :p
And I will also avoid any purple bed curtains I see. Thank you.
*salute*
Adie

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:34 am

They are very similar to Infinite in a lot of ways. :) I think they're a little darker than Infinite, but they're still wonderful games.
I mostly write drama, I suppose. I'm more interested in writing about different types of people than I am certain genres, so I'll dabble in most anything if I feel inspired to. :) The only things I don't write much of are romance, sci-fi, and fantasy. I find sci-fi and fantasy difficult to write, and I can't do romance without it being cheesy. :p Haha.
What sort of short stories do you like to write~?
Cool! I'll have to go check it out. :)

Drama is great, I'm a big fan of that XD I write mostly I guess you could say drama and sci-fi. If you have ever ready Ray bradbury he's my biggest inspiration :) I'll be excited to see what you post if you do! :D

Makachop^^128

Return to Who's Who