Hello, I'm new

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello, I'm new

Postby johnnydead83 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm

One of my friends told me about this site recently, so I decided to check it out. Hope I can be of some assistance to people looking for recommendations/reviews, and find some new anime, too. :)

A little about me: I enjoy anime, reading, music, and soccer. I played soccer at a state level until my junior year in high school, and now I spend all my time playing/writing music, hanging with my friends, watching anime, and preparing for college (not necessarily in that order :P).
johnnydead83

Re: Hello, I'm new

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to CAA. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Welcome! :D Favorite animes?
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby johnnydead83 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 am

My favorite animes are (not necessarily in order): Death Note (First I ever watched), Code Geass, Bleach, Accel World, and FullMetal Alchemist. Right now I'm switching between watching Bleach (so many episodes lol) and finishing Accel World.
johnnydead83

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Welcome, welcome.
It's always good to see a new face. Ooh, a composer! I hope you're willing to share some of your music with us.
Ah, college. Lucky you. What are you planning on majoring in? I've been considering college lately, but between the vast fortune it costs, and not having any real goals, I've been putting it off.
Also, is your friend insane, sending you into such peril? Do they realize, just what this place is...? You will never be the same, after venturing here...
Anyways, hope you enjoy the place and we don't rub off on you too much. Hope to see you around the forums.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

What genre(s) of music do you write or listen to?
drill

Postby PandaPop » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 am

:) Hello and Welcome! Yeah Bleach takes forever to watch, when I was watching it I was always thought about skipping the fillers, but then I was like "No I must be a true fan and watch every single second of this show" so I did lol.
Beware of College too many early mornings and long nights :P (speaking of which I should be studying right now :sweat:)
PandaPop

Postby Adie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Welcome! :)
What sort of things do you like to read? Do you have any favorite books?
Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist are fantastic shows. *high five*
Adie

Postby johnnydead83 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Ooh, a composer! I hope you're willing to share some of your music with us.

I may. First I'd have to actually complete a piece I started... lol.
Ah, college. Lucky you. What are you planning on majoring in? I've been considering college lately, but between the vast fortune it costs, and not having any real goals, I've been putting it off.

Waffling between making Computer Science/Music Performance my focus. They'll both be in there, though. :)
What genre(s) of music do you write or listen to?

I listen to anything written before I was born :lol: . Eric Claption, Billy Idol, AC/DC, Pearl Jam... if you can name a band formed before about 1995, chances are the answer is 'yes'. Right now all I'm doing as far as composing goes is writing guitar solos for songs that lack them. Every song needs at least one guitar solo.
What sort of things do you like to read? Do you have any favorite books?

I enjoy sci-fi along the veins of Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein. The old, good stuff. Tunnel in the Sky by Robert Heinlein is one of my favorites.
Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist are fantastic shows. *high five*
*high five back*
johnnydead83

Postby starseven » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 am

Deathnote had a pretty unique take on the story. It played it from the perspective of the villain. You really learn to dislike Yagami Light by the time it's all over. It was definitely well written. Is the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood that you favor?
starseven

Postby johnnydead83 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Death Note was masterfully written in the way they portrayed Light. Gave a great change of pace from the stereotypical main character. L was awesome, too. The voices in the dub could've been better, though.
On FMA: To be honest, I haven't... actually watched Brotherhood yet lol. I've heard many say it's even better than the original series, though. I'll probably watch it soon. Unless I forget, or get distracted.
johnnydead83

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I enjoy sci-fi along the veins of Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein. The old, good stuff. Tunnel in the Sky by Robert Heinlein is one of my favorites.

Woohoo!~ another Sci-fi fan, what do you think of Ray bradbury :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby starseven » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

are you reading the manga for Bleach or you just watching the anime? How far have you gotten into the series? If you like Bleach you should try Naruto.
starseven

Return to Who's Who