An old friend says, "Hi."

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

An old friend says, "Hi."

Postby Omega Amen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

It's been a while since I have actively posted here. Work has been tense the past couple of years, and it has made me feel very lonely at times.

After looking around a bit today, I see that the active group of posters have changed somewhat. So I thought I should re-introduce myself, and remind the old timers here that I am still around. CAA was the first online community I got involved, and it always holds a special place in my heart.

I was one of the regular hosts on the CAA Gamecast that you might have heard a few years ago with Link Antilles. If you have been here before that, I am the Georgia Tech engineer who went to work in the Defense industry. Nothing for me has changed dramatically. I am still in the same company in the same field of work like before. In fact, after looking at my old Who's Who thread, I am a little surprised how the information there still holds true (except the weight, put on some pounds due to stress the past couple of years).

The forum board here has changed quite a bit though. Avatars on the right?

Regardless, enough about me. How are you doing? And if you don't recognize me, how did you come to know the site? Back then, I was worried if there were any Christians who appreciated Anime, so I typed into Google late at night, "christian anime." After that, here I am.
Last edited by Omega Amen on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Re: An old friend says, "Hi."

Postby drill » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Welcome back to CAA Omega Amen!

I came across this site exactly the same way you did, I just happened to do the search 9 years later though :n_n:
drill

Postby goldenspines » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Omega Amen! Good to see you around the forums again!

Truthfully, I only knew you from the Gamecast and even then, I didn't listen to it very much. D:
Ah yes! Mith had to update the site for various reasons, so quite a few format things have changed. It takes a little while to get used to (the avatars especially) and the formatting is not quite as lovely as we'd like it. ^_^;

But anyway, hopefully things are going good for you, even if they haven't changed too much (which is sometimes okay, though).
And since you did ask, I am doing well (thank you for asking!). Recently graduated college, trying to make money to achieve dreams, etc. Same old, same old.
goldenspines

Postby silvanis2.0 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Welcome back, Omega Amen! I just recently found my way back too, and had a similar reaction. I hope to see you around the forums ^^
silvanis2.0

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:46 am

Well, that's an old name. Welcome back.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am

Pfffft. I see you on Steam all the time.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Welcome back, Omega! :jump:
K. Ayato

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Welcome back!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Welcome back, Mr. Omega! I can remember you and your podcasts when I was first starting out on the site. It's good to have you back!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh cool, does this mean the podcasts might come back?
rocklobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Welcome back! I don't believe we've met. *hand shake* Hope to see you around the forums.
I found CAA when I first got into anime, while looking for info about Vic Mignogna (my favorite voice actor). Apparently CAA had an interview with him at some point, and that's what led me here. I decided I liked the place, and stuck around. A year and a lot of posts later, I'm still glad I did!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 pm

I blame you for my obsession with SMT games.

Wait, not blame. What's the word?

Thank.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Wow, more replies than I expected. Alright, let's go.
drill wrote:I came across this site exactly the same way you did, I just happened to do the search 9 years later though
Someone did a survey thread several years ago asking how they came to know about CAA. The "christian anime" Google search was clearly the most cited method. I wonder if that is still the case today.

drill wrote::n_n:

Yo, word? We got new smilies?

goldenspines wrote:Truthfully, I only knew you from the Gamecast and even then, I didn't listen to it very much. D:
That's okay. CAA Radio was where the action was, and I only could commit regularly to one podcast back then.

goldenspines wrote:Ah yes! Mith had to update the site for various reasons, so quite a few format things have changed. It takes a little while to get used to (the avatars especially) and the formatting is not quite as lovely as we'd like it. ^_^;
Well, at least Mith was able to pull off the update successfully. One step at a time, right?

I like how nicely the quoting integrates in writing a reply. This would have save me a lot of time back then.

goldenspines wrote:But anyway, hopefully things are going good for you, even if they haven't changed too much (which is sometimes okay, though).
Honestly, I find myself frustrated a lot, but once I start to count my blessings, it brings back some perspective and makes me realize things are still good.

goldenspines wrote:And since you did ask, I am doing well (thank you for asking!). Recently graduated college, trying to make money to achieve dreams, etc. Same old, same old.
Good to hear. Yes, dat grind to get dat money. Stay versatile, have no fear, and jump at the opportunity. That's my quick advice.

silvanis2.0 wrote:Welcome back, Omega Amen! I just recently found my way back too, and had a similar reaction. I hope to see you around the forums ^^
Hey, there. I'll be looking around occasionally.

shooraijin wrote:Well, that's an old name. Welcome back.
Thanks, shoo.

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Pfffft. I see you on Steam all the time.
Of course you do. That reminds me to attach my signature on my first post.

K. Ayato wrote:Welcome back, Omega! :jump:
Whoa! You are still around? Glad to see you. Hope things are going well for you.

mechana2015 wrote:Welcome back!
'Sup, mech.

Phantom_Sorano wrote:Welcome back, Mr. Omega! I can remember you and your podcasts when I was first starting out on the site. It's good to have you back!
Thank you!

rocklobster wrote:Oh cool, does this mean the podcasts might come back?
No, unfortunately, it does not. I realized I have been negligent of the forums for too long, and I wanted to post to let people know I am still around. That's all.

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome back! I don't believe we've met. *hand shake* Hope to see you around the forums.
I found CAA when I first got into anime, while looking for info about Vic Mignogna (my favorite voice actor). Apparently CAA had an interview with him at some point, and that's what led me here. I decided I liked the place, and stuck around. A year and a lot of posts later, I'm still glad I did!
Nice to meet you. Yeah, several years ago, we had Mr. Mignogna on our chat for a moderated Q&A session. It was big deal... a really big deal. A talented man with solid character.

I won't be able to post regularly like I did years ago since that is too time-consuming, but I will be looking around so I won't be a stranger.

Nate wrote:I blame you for my obsession with SMT games.

Wait, not blame. What's the word?

Thank.
NATE-DAWG! Wha'sup?!

Haha, I blame Giant Bomb's Endurance Run for getting me into the Persona series. I doubt I will get into the other SMT stuff. I got to stop somewhere, right?

BTW, if anyone else is reading at this point, Persona 4 Golden is too good. If getting a Vita seems to not be practical, consider getting a Vita TV when that eventually comes out for around $100. P4G is worth it, even if you might have played the original PS2 game.

Okay, that's all I can handle for tonight. Glad to see the place is alive and kicking.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby John_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Welcome, Omega Amen! And happy after-birthday too!
John_Smith

Postby Nate » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:17 am

Omega Amen wrote:NATE-DAWG! Wha'sup?!

Haha, I blame Giant Bomb's Endurance Run for getting me into the Persona series. I doubt I will get into the other SMT stuff. I got to stop somewhere, right?

Work, mostly. Medical bills. Oh and video games.

Yes it's probably for the best that you limit it to the Persona series since I'm about at the 150 hour mark for SMT IV and my third playthrough (Chaos route woooo). And let us not speak of the horrors of getting every achievement on Strange Journey.

I did try my hand at Persona 3 though. I may even get back to it one day. It just didn't click with me the same way as 4 did. I blame the fact that Tartarus is a horribly boring dungeon and it is exceptionally difficult to level your characters.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kaori » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 am

Welcome back. Glad to hear you at least have a stable job--that's something, at least.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:18 am

Welcome back Omega Amen! I remember you. :)
Sammy Boy

Return to Who's Who