Finally arrived

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Finally arrived

Postby WorldsTraveler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Good morning/afternoon/evening, CAA!

I am Worlds Traveler – a name chosen to reflect my enjoyment of diving into new worlds (stories). I am an artist and creative writer and I have been a fan of Japanese animation and comics for roughly twelve years now.

I discovered this forum a few years ago. I’ve made regular visits since to keep track of recently released series and get recommendations from people who had similar tastes. I’ve enjoyed the atmosphere of these forums; the feeling is wholesome and the interaction generally positive. Thank you for creating such a wonderful community for Christian anime fans. I’m pleased to be on board. :)

Worlds Traveler

P.S. You may now request further information, offer me confections, alert me to possible dangers to my sanity, and just give me a classic CAA welcome in general.
WorldsTraveler

Re: Finally arrived

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:35 pm

1. What anime have you watched and what manga have you read?
2. RockLobster will be around soon to offer you some Jelly Babies, but first, let me offer you some yummy cookies. Enjoy.
3. Most of us here are crazy/insane/mad/whatever word you want to use, myself included. However, you needn't worry, as we are not usually violent crazy people.
4. Hello hello and welcome, WorldsTraveler, to our little corner of the internet.

Now then, I believe that takes care of all the usual warnings, greetings and offerings. See you around the site! ^^/
Banana Lobster

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 pm

and here I am!
:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Postby silvanis2.0 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome WorldsTraveler! :D Here's a customary invite to the RPG forums to add to your gift basket. Hope to see you around the forums ;)
silvanis2.0

Postby WorldsTraveler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome, cookies, and jelly baby. ^_^ And I will be sure to guard my sanity closely while in this Wonderland. (Or not…)

I have a MyAnimeList account under the same name: WorldsTraveler. It lists the anime and manga I’ve enjoyed the last four years. (Beyond that, it’s hard to remember the titles I’ve seen well enough to rate them!)

I haven’t roleplayed in years (since way back in the days of Avidgamers 1 and 2), but I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks for the invite!
WorldsTraveler

Postby drill » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
drill

Postby John_Smith » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Welcome! Nice username by the way. What sort of creative writing do you, you know, write? (favorite genre? Do you write short stories or are you working on a novel?)
I'm working on a fantasy novel myself...
John_Smith

Postby WorldsTraveler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks! Ah, I love seeing the Steins;Gate and SAO avatars. Fun shows and good memories. ^_^

I’ve done some short stories and roleplaying for training and warm-ups, but I’m working towards writing full-length novels. I like the fantasy/sci-fi genre – lots of world building fun to be had! Presently, I’m working on the outline for the fourth draft of my current novel project.

It’s great to meet someone else writing a fantasy novel! Hope your characters are cooperating. (Mine are right now, which is why I’m alert and writing at 2:30am. :lol: )
WorldsTraveler

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome, welcome.
Confections? Are you insane?! Confections are strictly prohibited here at CAA! BL, I see those cookies....However you are allowed one teaspoon of confectioners' sugar, since everyone knows that's the best kind.
Don't be alarmed by the atmosphere. It is not as it seems. Although everyone here may seem peaceful and friendly, I assure you we aren't, so you have nothing to worry about.
I also assure you that your sanity is in no danger whatsoever. We make sure to confiscate all sanities at the door, so no harm can come to them here at CAA. Although you will be deprived of it, I promise it's in good hands. (Dox, quit playing with that in the sanity room. You're liable to break something!)
If any of your hobbies include sewing, candlemaking, hopscotch, dumpster-diving, or mental manipulation, I'll have to ask you to leave. Your kind isn't welcome here. However, if you don't fall into any of these categories, then by all means, stay! Just don't start any discussions about fedoras. They seldom end well...
All that aside, I hope you enjoy your stay here (and I hope you last awhile; are you a good at puzzles?), and may peace and meatballs rain down upon you all the days of this coming week. Hope to see you around the forums.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:27 pm

… I really am in Wonderland, aren’t I? :lol: May I have a cup of tea and a hat to compensate for my lack of sanity? (Not a fedora, of course.) And I hope by “puzzles” you don’t mean “testing”, or I might have to demand a dessert to go with my tea.
WorldsTraveler

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:48 pm

No tea, and no capes! However, you may have a hat, and a dessert:
Speaking of Wonderland...no forget that. Have you watched Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? If not, why?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm

A dessert without accompanying tea?! *gasp* What absurdity is this?

I read the first three volumes of the Tsubasa manga. Then I returned to reading CardCaptor Sakura. (What can I say? I missed Sakura!)
WorldsTraveler

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Welcome to CAA! I see that you are a artist~ you should totally share your pictures with us :n_n:
Speaking of tea, what kind is your favorite?
Do you like Studio Ghibli?
Thor or Loki?
DecooPunk

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome! ^^ I haven’t scanned any of my anime-style art in a while, but I’ll keep it in mind.

English Breakfast is my can’t-start-the-day-without-it tea. I also like a variety of fruit and dessert blend teas. Berries, chocolate, and vanilla flavors are a few of my favorites. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a spicy chai blend. I like almost every tea I try, actually.

I love Studio Ghibli! I’ve seen five of their movies so far and want to view more. Howl’s Moving Castle is my family’s favorite.

‘Fraid I’m out of the loop on the recent Norse mythology revivals. I’ve been focused on fairytale retellings lately.
WorldsTraveler

Postby PandaPop » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome!!
(you have officially been welcomed by the local CAA embarrassment at the moment)
In light of my current state I welcome you will comforting kitties and snuggly blankets!

Also...Love Love Love howls moving castle (you can tell by my avatar >.<)
Its my go to sick or bored day movie, nothing else suffices
PandaPop

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Kitties are always a great welcome! =^_^=

I know! Howl’s Moving Castle is such a feel-good movie. It makes me laugh and smile every time. Have you read the book it was (loosely) based off of by Diana Wynne Jones? The story plays out differently than the movie, but it’s still just as enjoyable.
WorldsTraveler

Postby PandaPop » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:31 pm

No, I wasn't aware there was a book, I may have to now. I love the concept of the movie in general as much as the story so I'm sure I would enjoy it.
PandaPop

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:11 pm

PandaPop wrote:No, I wasn't aware there was a book, I may have to now. I love the concept of the movie in general as much as the story so I'm sure I would enjoy it.

It's the first of a trilogy, actually. I read the book long before I saw Studio Ghibli's film. Unfortunately, I accidentally read the third book of the trilogy after reading the first, without even knowing there was a book in-between. :XD:
Banana Lobster

Postby PandaPop » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Oh no haha!
I just read the some of the wiki on them, I am definitely going to have to check them out how neat I had no idea!
PandaPop

Postby WorldsTraveler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Have fun, PandaPop! Just remember that the sequels are from new POV characters; you won’t actually meet Sophie and friends until you’re half-way in, so be patient. Also, House of Many Ways is hard to find, so you might have to order it online. Hope you enjoy the series. ^_^
WorldsTraveler

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm

WorldsTraveler wrote:Have fun, PandaPop! Just remember that the sequels are from new POV characters; you won’t actually meet Sophie and friends until you’re half-way in, so be patient. Also, House of Many Ways is hard to find, so you might have to order it online. Hope you enjoy the series. ^_^

Funny, I've been having trouble getting Castle in the Air to read. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby WorldsTraveler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay, that is funny. :lol: I actually enjoyed Castle in the Air more than HoMW. The circumstances surrounding Sophie and company were hilarious, and the book seemed to read more along the lines of what I expect from Jones’ writing. Both were entertaining, though, and worth ordering.
WorldsTraveler

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Welcome. I see there are books where you are.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby PandaPop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm

WorldsTraveler wrote:Have fun, PandaPop! Just remember that the sequels are from new POV characters; you won’t actually meet Sophie and friends until you’re half-way in, so be patient. Also, House of Many Ways is hard to find, so you might have to order it online. Hope you enjoy the series. ^_^

:D that actually works perfect for me, I may or may not be a tad bit of an ebayaholic :sweat:
PandaPop

Return to Who's Who