Hi There :3

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hi There :3

Postby EventualDay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 am

Hi~ Um, I'm not exactly new, but I've never posted before (or really done much beside look at the reviews section, haha). I'd love to make some friends-- since I don't really talk with anyone about anime or manga I'd love to actually be able to discuss it :)

Let's see... I really enjoy happy and drama-free anime, and sometimes have a bad habit of skimming ahead or reading the ending first in my manga. I also tend to analyze everything I read or watch, which is probably where the English-major part of me comes out. When it comes to music (especially Asian) I am a huge sucker for visual kei. Though lately I've been trying to get into C-pop since I'll be taking Chinese in the fall. As far as my faith, I' grew up in a Christian home but all of my closest friends are non-Christians. Rather than feeling pressured by them I always felt blessed. My own faith isn't anything impressive, as I always seem to be thinking of other things, but God has a funny way of helping me put him first.

Anyhow I'm pretty excited to be a part of this community :) Please message me if you want!~
EventualDay

Re: Hi There :3

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Yay! I'm first!
:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Postby drill » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Welcome EventualDay! :D Hope you enjoy your stay here. What is your favorite anime?
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Konichiwa~! Here's a panda bear hug :3 !!!
What kind of anime/manga have you enjoyed? ^u^
Look forward to seeing you around c:
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Welcome to CAA :D
DecooPunk

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Chinese? Oof, good luck with that!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Wind » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:16 pm

welcome to the nut house lol be sure to say hi to all the squirrels
Wind

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Welcome to CAA! Hope to see you in chat and around the forums!
Ooh, so J-pop and K-pop? Sweet! Whose your favorite singer or band? :3
(Never tried C-pop :o sounds cool.)
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby EventualDay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I tend to like slightly obscure/underrated anime, haha, like Princess Tutu or Karigurashi no Arrietty (which no one ever thinks of first when you say Ghibli). But I'm also a fan of things like Death Note. Haha... even though I said I like happy anime the best, it would seem that my favorites mostly state otherwise ^_^

Hm, Koneko-chan, have you ever heard of D=OUT? I also really like Kelun and the Korean artist BoA.

Oh, rocklobster, what's a jelly baby? :)
EventualDay

Postby Candle7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Konnichiwa, EventualDay! Hope you like it here :)
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"I already told you, A FIST IN HIS FACE!!" -Edward Elric
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Postby Xeno » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 am

Nate wrote:Chinese? Oof, good luck with that!

Indeed good luck. On the plus side, I've got a good friend that started learning Chinese his first year in college and has now lived in China for three or four years doing various very well paying jobs.
Xeno

Postby EventualDay » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks. I'm kinda worried since I know Chinese is rather challenging... but, well, I figure if I'm interested in it I'll want to study. And I took a year of Japanese in high school- not the same thing, but I know I'm capable of memorizing kanji at least! Haha.
EventualDay

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am

Welcome, welcome.
Sorry I'm late, I had to take down some rogue samurai on the way here. But anyway, it's fantastic to meet you. Are you by any chance left-handed? We need more lefties around here to help take over the world and make the right-handers suffer the pain and frustration of having to do everything either backwards or with their inferior hand, as we've been forced to do so long!!!
Oh, wait, that's off-topic, isn't it? What anime genre do you like? Favorite anime character? Would you rather be too hot or too cold? What color do you consider to be superior to the rest?
Once you've finished answering all those questions, here's a form we require you to fill out. *hands paper* Just make sure you write "Not-applicable" in all the boxes, and you should be fine. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby EventualDay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:21 am

What? How did you know? I am indeed a left-handed girl with a grudge against the superior right-handed people. I would be honored to lend my support in this quest for domination. You do have a left-handed form I can answer, right? ;)
EventualDay

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 am

No. Way.
Madam, you are more than welcome as our honored guest. I bestow on you the title of "Coolest and Most Amazing Newcomer Ever". Wear it with pride. Also, I promote you to second-in-command. We will overcome the darkness of the right-handers! They will not stomp us out, though we may be few!
Forget the form. *rips up paper* You're too awesome for that.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby EventualDay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:33 pm

*salutes* Thank you for your acceptance! I shall work hard, and begin drafting battle plans immediately. I believe we could make use of the polar bears- they would probably be sympathetic to our plight.
EventualDay

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 pm

A jelly baby is a type of candy that's popular in Britain.
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:34 pm

EventualDay wrote:*salutes*

You'd better not be saluting with your left hand, that's considered disrespectful. :O

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Polar bears, huh? Hm, I'll keep that in mind. Maybe we can get them to cover the northern front. Some of our worst enemies are in Canada...
I look forward to reviewing these battle plans. You are a promising recruit indeed.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Vilo159 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Good day to ye, EventualDay, and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:
Vilo159

Return to Who's Who