Hello!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello!

Postby Candle7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Konnichiwa minna! I discovered this site when I was researching anime (so I didn't stumble across any I might regret watching) and liked the way you guys do things. I only discovered anime a couple of years ago when a friend forced me to sit down and watch one. My very first was Vampire Knight (kind of a strange one to start out with but it got me hooked). Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself *bows*.
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"I already told you, A FIST IN HIS FACE!!" -Edward Elric
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Re: Hello!

Postby LastLfan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Hello and welcome, whats your fVorite anime
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Welcome, welcome. Vampire Knight! Yeah, that is a weird one to start with. But Zero's the best.
Anyhoo, we're glad to have you. At least some of us are. I couldn't tell you which of us aren't, because I can't read minds. But with all the people here, I'm sure there's someone who isn't happy to have you here. But never fear! The rest of us will stand by your side till the bitter end! We will defend you at all cost! No newbie will be lost on our watch! Of course, once you've been here for a few weeks, you're on your own. And then there's the assessment, which involves getting dropped off on a remote island with minimum provisions and a pitchfork, to fight one of our most seasoned veterans. But if you survive, your glory shall be sung through the ages! And if you don't, we'll write a requiem for you.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. For the time being, enjoy yourself! It's nice to meet you, and I hope to run into you on the forums.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Candle7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks for welcoming me! My favorite anime is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I have seen it twice now. Actually, after watching that, I am having a hard time finding one with a better storyline and character development. The only bummer for me was the language...
ClaecElric4God you sound like a very interesting person and can't wait to run into you again in the forums :) Also, Zero is definitely the best, with Aido close behind and of course Headmaster and Yagari are pretty epic as well. By the way, I love the SAO clip.
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Okay, that's just weird...Aido is my second favorite, and Headmaster and Yagari are probably tied for third. We must be twins! Are you left-handed?

Have you seen Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? If you can get past the slow beginning and excessive panning, it's an amazing anime with what I consider to be an exceptional storyline and character development. At least read the manga!!! And it's like...the cleanest anime I can think of off the top of my head.
Also, I would recommend Fairy Tail (if you haven't seen it already).
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Oh my gosh! That's just too weird...we're like the same except I'm not left-handed.
I agree with you entirely on Tsubasa, I didn't mention it because it's my favorite manga. The anime soundtrack to me is the best ever. I'm usually pretty good at predicting stories, but this one was almost unpredictable even with all of the foreshadowing. CLAMP is amazing at writing stories. Oh that series made me cry so much! After watching the OVA's I was in shock for an entire day and a half *sniffle*. And don't get me started on Fairy Tail! That's the latest series I've finished and that was a good one. The fanservice (especially in the OVA's) could definitely have been left out. Jellal, Gray, Natsu, this'll sound weird but I really liked Zeref, Erza, Elfman, and like all the rest :)
Have you seen xxxHolic? That is a great one with a lot of lessons and if you read the manga, connects to Tsubasa.
Know any other action/fantasy shows that are good? I've been in sort of a lull lately.
Candle7

Postby LastLfan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Attack on titan, a little creepy but awesome
LastLfan

Postby drill » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Welcome Candle7! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :D
drill

Postby Candle7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks! Is there anything in Attack on Titan that is...suggestive? Language, sexual content, anything like that? Because it sounds really interesting but I can't find an age rating.
A pleasure to meet you too!
Candle7

Postby Vilo159 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Good day to you, Candle7, and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:

AOT is fine as far as suggestive content, although it is quite violent and bloody and such. You're gonna need a strong stomach, but if you watched FMA:B you should be alright. The animation is very unique, uses bold colors and dark outlines. Some people hate it, some like me love it. The plot and characters are phenomenal though, I think; I'd say its definitely worth a try. It's an ongoing show right now, it airs on crunchyroll on... Sundays, I believe? I'm not sure, I watch it on hulu plus a week later.

Anyways, I'm Vilo, I'm the resident Mormon hereabouts. You liked Tsubasa's soundtrack- you have good taste in music. We should get along well, then.
Vilo159

Postby Candle7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Great! Thanks for the input and I'm sure we'll get along great!
Candle7

Postby LupoRedgrave » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 am

Hello Candle7.
Nice to meet you.
Welcome to the Christian Anime Alliance!
Have fun here.
I've watched Vampire Knight as well, Headmaster and Zero are my favourites too!
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 am

A pleasure to meet you too. What is the clip in your signature from, if you don't mind my asking?
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:08 pm

This is getting too coincidental. Tsubasa is my favorite manga of all time. And this.
Yes, Fairy Tail was epic minus the fanservice. Gray, Mystogan and Jellal are the best (not sure in what order, though). Haven't met Zeref yet (I'm holding out for the dubbed version; yeah, yeah, I like dubbed anime :eyeroll: ).
I would recommend Black Cat (I'm currently watching it), and Code:Breaker (has a bit of fanservice it could have done without). Kekkaishi's a good one. Hakuouki is a good anime, too. It does have a fair bit of language, though. Pandora Hearts, as well (though again, a couple weird moments).
Do you prefer FMA or FMA:B?

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:49 pm

I am seriously beginning to be creeped out. Do I have a twin and not know it...? *ponders for several seconds* I love A Song of Storm and Fire and own the first soundtrack of that series. I have watched some dubbed, not very much though, and it's fine that you prefer it. I have nothing against that.
If you watch the Black Cat anime you should definitely read the manga. Slightly darker in tone and quite a bit bloodier and, well, Train isn't as nice as he is in the anime. I have been considering Code:Breaker because it sounded like something that would be right up my alley and I'll definitely check it out now. I will agree entirely with you on Kekkaishi. Great anime. Only thing is the whole Karasumori (hope I spelled that right) wasn't resolved. Just did a little research on Hakuouki and since I liked La Corda D'oro and Alice in the Country of Hearts, as well as sword fighting, I'll put it on my list. The Pandora Hearts anime got me hooked and made me want to see how it ends (Gilbert and Break are epic!) I have been reading the manga. Utterly amazing. The plot twists are extremely interesting.
Hmm...FMA or Brotherhood...FMA had better character development (what with Ed gaining mental maturity), while Brotherhood had a deeper conspiracy and overall plot...Ooh! I can't decide! If I had to choose...probably...Brotherhood. It ended better and seeing Ed grow physically was cool. Also, he and Winry got together which made me happy. Then there's Scar, Greeling, and the Brigs men that weren't in the first series. Well, Scar was, but he wasn't as epic.
Have you seen Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan? That's a really good one once you get past the overall weirdness of the show. Only the first part is dubbed though and the dub (what I've seen of it anyway) was pretty bad voice acting wise.
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Well, I'm definitely the oddball in my family...Maybe we were separated at birth!
I'll definitely read the Black Cat then. I really need to get into manga more.
Gil and Break are the best! My sister makes fun of me because I tend to pick favorites three seconds after I first see the person, and I loved Gil from the beginning. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was so mad when I thought he was some insignificant character who dies to help move the storyline along.
Have you read the Kekkaishi manga? Because I have a feeling the Karasumori thing might have been more developed in the manga (don't know, haven't read it yet). But yes, I did notice that. Also, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: WHY DID THEY KILL GEN?!
I can't make a judgment on Brotherhood because I haven't seen it yet. I keep meaning to, but putting it off. I'm a failure. :waah!:
Haha! I'm dying of laughter now. Yes, I have seen Nura. Love it love it love it. I haven't seen the sub, but I'm willing to believe the dub is bad in comparison. Rikuo's voice, as well as a couple others, aren't really exceptional in my opinion. Though I can't complain about it compared to some others I've heard, like Thor from Jyu-Oh-Sei. *shudder* I really should just watch these anime subbed. SAO for instance. I'm tempted to watch the dub when it comes out, but Bryce Papenbrook just isn't Kirito...And I can only picture Cherami Leigh as an obnoxious "girl with an attitude" type. But I digress. Yes, Nura is amazing (Kappa ftw!).

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:29 pm

I know right? I'm the same way. Gilbert is just amazing!
I've been meaning to read Kekkaishi but I have so many manga and other things I'm reading I just haven't had the time. I totally cried when Gen died. It took me a while to warm up to him, but by the time it happened, he was one of my favorites.
Yeah, it was kind of like DRRR! I watched that dubbed and...well...Mikado's voice actor wasn't really that great, or Anri...in fact, Crispin Freeman was about the only one who nailed his character perfectly.
I was also going to show my family SAO when it comes out dubbed because they only watch dubbed (I am the strange one). I hope they don't botch the series just because of the voice actors because that was one epic show.
Kappa, Kurotabo, Tsurara, Kubinashi...ah Nura was very interesting.
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 pm

I literally just started watching Durarara!, but I've only seen one episode. Scale of 1-10?
Crispin Freeman, huh? Well, I guess we can rest assured that even if SAO dubbed is a complete failure, Kayaba Aikihiko will be epic. lol
Those four are like, my favorites in Nura (plus yokai-Rikuo). Also, Tosakamaru and Kuromaru.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Scale of 1-10? Hmm, probably an eight. It does have a fair amount of language but no f-bombs or anything (thankfully) and the storyline was really well done in my opinion. All of the seemingly unrelated events all come together into a big picture that is very well put together. My favorite characters would be Shizuo Heiwajima, Celty Sturluson, Izaya Orihara, and Shinra Kishitani (even if he is a little weird), and Kyohei Kadota. I won't spoil anything for you but it should definitely be worth your time...if you don't mind language.
Have you seen Baccano? It's done by the same author as DRRR and I was wondering if it was any good.
I also like Shouhei (the monkey/ape guy with the white hair and red highlights and I hope I spelled his name correctly).
Haha! We can hopefully count on Crispin because I agree with you about Bryce Papenbrook. He was in DRRR as Masaomi Kida and...well...he seems to like Aido characters a lot. Kirito is not really an Aido-like character so...we'll see, ne?
Candle7

Postby Vii » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Heyo! Welcome to CAA.
Vii

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:08 pm

I still watched anime I regretted even after I found this site.

I'll never get back any of that time I spent watching Bleach. :V

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Nate: Ha! Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of people say that about Bleach :)
Vii: Thank you very much and I am happy that this site exists
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:45 pm

I haven't seen Baccano, sorry. But now I'm more excited about watching DRRR!
Yeah, Papenbrook pulled off Kappa very well, I thought (which, Kappa hardly talks anyway and has a very distinct voice, but hey); but I am worried that he'll give Kirito an Aido voice. He did Aido well and that's great, but yeah, Kirito isn't Aido...at all. I would have been more excited about someone like...I dunno...Micah Solusod? Ah, well.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah, I hear you. At least Micah has that kind of voice and he did well with Soul in Soul Eater...still not exactly Kirito's character, but certainly closer than Aido. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Muahaha! Soul. Eater. I just finished that, and it was great. Micah absolutely nailed Soul's part. Like, the voice perfectly fit the personality. Which reminds me, have you seen A Certain Magical Index? If so, *high five*. If not, I highly recommend it.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Precisely my opinion! Soul Eater was really strange but pretty cool. Dr. Stein was the best aside from Death the Kid and Soul.
I started watching A Certain Magical Index and I'll admit I am only on episode 2 (so ashamed). I got distracted by other shows...I really should finish it though.
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 am

Ah, yes. Stein is epic. I have a soft spot for insane people. Kid is awesome, too. Symmetry ftw!
Well, let me know what you think when you finish it. I loved it. For the sake of spoilers, I won't tell you who my favorite is, but I love Touma and Index. :)

ClaecElric4God

Postby Candle7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 am

All right I will!
Candle7

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm

AGH. I missed this thread ;o; Forgive meeee >.<
Here's your slightly belated panda bear hug--Omigosh, Durarara, Black Cat, TRC ?! D:.....You're awesome ;w;
*ahem* anywho, nice to meet you ^^ I'm the resident soul eater nerd panda~
Enjoy your stay candle7~!
I'm sorry i didn't welcome you until after seeing you in chat...i try to avoid doing that ;-;

And I can only picture Cherami Leigh as an obnoxious "girl with an attitude" type.

But what about Patty? :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 pm

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Return to Who's Who