Hello, I'm new!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello, I'm new!

Postby theresistance07 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:44 am

Hello,

I found this site while doing research for a christian-anime like novel I am in the process of finishing. In all of my research it would seem there isn't an "anime" that is solely christian based, but rather a lot has influences that can be traced back to Christianity. What started this process for me was that I noticed there were a bunch of cartoons targeted mostly for little kids (that I thought were mostly boring) and nothing for older, more mature audiences. I am a fan of a few animes. I enjoy writing and drawing my characters (anthropomorphic ones). And that's just a little about me. I hope to have a site up sometime in the near future to share more about the book :). It has just about everything (action, romance, fight between good vs evil, faith, just to name a few). I look forward to seeing whats happening on this site and chatting!
theresistance07

Re: Hello, I'm new!

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:37 am

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby FreddyCast » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 am

Welcome, brother. Hope to see you around the chat area. Be careful, there are some crazy people around here (me being one of them :P)
Love of Christ
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby drill » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome to CAA! Out of the few that you like, what is your favorite anime?
drill

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi and welcome too CAA :D
DecooPunk

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm

theresistance07 wrote:Hello,

I found this site while doing research for a christian-anime like novel I am in the process of finishing. In all of my research it would seem there isn't an "anime" that is solely christian based, but rather a lot has influences that can be traced back to Christianity. What started this process for me was that I noticed there were a bunch of cartoons targeted mostly for little kids (that I thought were mostly boring) and nothing for older, more mature audiences. I am a fan of a few animes. I enjoy writing and drawing my characters (anthropomorphic ones). And that's just a little about me. I hope to have a site up sometime in the near future to share more about the book :). It has just about everything (action, romance, fight between good vs evil, faith, just to name a few). I look forward to seeing whats happening on this site and chatting!

Somebody said "anthropomorphized" in their OP. NEW BUDDY!

:lol: Just kidding. Yeah, I'm one of the crazies Freddy was warning you about. Hope you have fun here, see you around the site! ^^/
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome, welcome. Your novel sounds rather interesting. I look forward to hearing more about it. I dabble in writing, nothing big. It's always nice to see some real writers and their works.
Hope you enjoy your time here, and I look forward to seeing you around.
*fades away with an evil chuckle*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Vilo159 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Good day to ye, theresistance, and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:
Vilo159

Postby theresistance07 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:54 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It looks like it doesn't take long for all you crazies to come out of the woodworks!! LOL, JK. I'm sure some of that will rub off on me too if we rub elbows long enough. Still learning the site so I'll do my best to respond to everyone.

Let's see, a few of the animes I have recently watched and liked were Clannad: After Story (loved the intro song) and Darker than Black. I don't recall right off the bat if they had any Christian based influences though. If you go watch, both have some language and the first has some "stuff" as well. But what I liked about the first was that it was the first non-action packed anime I liked that made me a believer that all anime doesn't have to be actioned packed. I grew up watching DBZ, Sailor Moon, Sonic and other similiar works. I am a fan of the art of anime as well.

I really don't know which I could say would be my favorite..............(yeah I know there's probably a vast universe of anime out there I have yet to explore)

ClaecElric4God, what do you enjoy writing about? I'd like to hear! :)

Also, I remembered I did create a twitter account where I post pics of my characters (mostly in B&W)https://twitter.com/theresistance07

Now I shall invade other blogs/chat rooms in search of conversation! LOL. Nice meeting everyone (bows)
theresistance07

Postby theresistance07 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome. Your novel sounds rather interesting. I look forward to hearing more about it. I dabble in writing, nothing big. It's always nice to see some real writers and their works.
Hope you enjoy your time here, and I look forward to seeing you around.
*fades away with an evil chuckle*

What anime is that video from? Also, don't think its posted yet, but I'd asked what your interests were in writing :n_n:
theresistance07

Postby Vii » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Welcome to CAA!
Vii

Postby Candle7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Welcome to this amazing site and hope you enjoy it here!
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"I already told you, A FIST IN HIS FACE!!" -Edward Elric
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh, sorry for the late reply. The video is from Sword Art Online. Watch it! Now! And while you're at it, watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! No excuses! In fact, watch Tsubasa first! Or SAO. Whichever you want. But make sure you watch Tsubasa! I know the beginning's slow, but persevere! It's worth it! And for the sake of beating a dead horse, this.
Well, I feel arrogant flaunting my own work, but here's a sample of the kind of thing I like to write. http://www.scribd.com/doc/138498077/Life-of-a-Thief
Forgive the haphazard layout and spaces and paragraphs and such. I know it messes up the flow and it's confusing and annoying, but I promise it isn't supposed to be like that. Scribd killed it. :sweat: But anyhow, I generally like writing medieval adventure/action-type stuff. But when I'm bored I write ridiculous nonsensical stuff. You?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby theresistance07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Oh, sorry for the late reply. The video is from Sword Art Online. Watch it! Now! And while you're at it, watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! No excuses! In fact, watch Tsubasa first! Or SAO. Whichever you want. But make sure you watch Tsubasa! I know the beginning's slow, but persevere! It's worth it! And for the sake of beating a dead horse, this.
Well, I feel arrogant flaunting my own work, but here's a sample of the kind of thing I like to write. http://www.scribd.com/doc/138498077/Life-of-a-Thief
Forgive the haphazard layout and spaces and paragraphs and such. I know it messes up the flow and it's confusing and annoying, but I promise it isn't supposed to be like that. Scribd killed it. :sweat: But anyhow, I generally like writing medieval adventure/action-type stuff. But when I'm bored I write ridiculous nonsensical stuff. You?

lol, no you're good! hmm ok, I'll check those out and let you know how that goes. And don't feel arrogant! There's a difference between arrogance and sharing lol. That's cool. I will have to dive into your story a little later but I'll def check it out. Me.............mostly a good combo of adventure and romance I guess you could say. So far the stories I've written involve orphans/ppl who deal with depression and loneliness as well. It's not all about that, but its weaved in there. Isn't this guy the coolest??? :dance: Have you seen the dancing bannana on youtube??? I love it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub1vmLCvspE ok, i'll stop jabbering now lol
theresistance07

Postby theresistance07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

and thanks everyone!!!
theresistance07

Postby theresistance07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh, anime wise I like Tenchi Muyo too...............
theresistance07

Postby theresistance07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Oh, sorry for the late reply. The video is from Sword Art Online. Watch it! Now! And while you're at it, watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! No excuses! In fact, watch Tsubasa first! Or SAO. Whichever you want. But make sure you watch Tsubasa! I know the beginning's slow, but persevere! It's worth it! And for the sake of beating a dead horse, this.

Wow hey.Tsubasa is good stuff! The same ppl did Cardcaptors something else I watched growing up! Know where I can watch full episodes? YouTube only has like the first 6-9 min :(
theresistance07

Return to Who's Who