Hola

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hola

Postby drill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello CAA!

I'm not very good with introductions, but I am new to this forum. A little bit about myself is that I've been a Christian for about 11 years now, pretty much ever since I was a kid. I only really got into anime about six weeks ago. I would say that my favorite so far is Steins;Gate with Clannad not far behind (as I am about only half way done with the first season). I typically enjoy watching anime, playing video games, programming, listening to Touhou music, and debating theology. I can't think of anything else right now, so feel free to ask questions.
drill

Re: Hola

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Welcome. How did you find CAA?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby drill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks! And to be quite honest, I do not remember how, but I stumbled across this forum several months back; however, I wasn't that much into anime, so I didn't bother joining. I just remembered this site again and decided to return and join this time. :D
drill

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello and welcome to CAA! ^^/ Want a banana?
Banana Lobster

Postby drill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks! And yes I would, thanks for reminding me, I'm going to go eat one now. :D ... Actually, I would but we are low on them, so I'll save it for tomorrow.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:52 pm

A new member! Yay! Finally; I was running out of test subjects...er, guests.
Welcome, welcome. It's good to have you here. And I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to not be the only one who joined CAA directly after getting into anime. I thought I was the only weirdo out there. When I'd joined, I'd only watched FMA. But anyway, it's time for me to lay out the rules. No sleeping, no eating sweets in front of people who don't have any, never talk about anyone to their face, only behind their backs. I can't think of the rest, but I assure you there's a whole slew of them, and if you don't keep them you'll be exiled to the land of the trolls.
Ooh ooh, I love questions. *rubs hands together greedily*
What is the origin of your username? It's very interesting. Also, who are the people in your avatar? It makes me want to watch that anime.
What is your favorite video game? Have you played Zelda and/or Fire Emblem? Do you rest between playing sessions to sleep and eat food, or are you hooked up to an IV? Have you ever been trapped in a virtual reality?
Have you ever met someone who was insane? If so, how did you react? Was your life changed by said hypothetical encounter?
What is your favorite big word? Do you ever use said big word? Do you know what defenestrate means?
Were you ever mercilessly murdered in a theology debate? I love theological discussions (via PM), but I'm no good at debates. I just end up looking stupid. Which isn't hard, especially to those who know me.
Think of the letter J. What is the first word that comes to mind?
Okay, I should leave you alone now. Anyhoo, thanks so much for joining our humble group. I hope you enjoy your time here, and hope to see you around the forums. God bless.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:19 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:A new member! Yay! Finally; I was running out of test subjects...er, guests.
Welcome, welcome. It's good to have you here. And I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to not be the only one who joined CAA directly after getting into anime. I thought I was the only weirdo out there. When I'd joined, I'd only watched FMA. But anyway, it's time for me to lay out the rules. No sleeping, no eating sweets in front of people who don't have any, never talk about anyone to their face, only behind their backs. I can't think of the rest, but I assure you there's a whole slew of them, and if you don't keep them you'll be exiled to the land of the trolls.
Ooh ooh, I love questions. *rubs hands together greedily*
What is the origin of your username? It's very interesting. Also, who are the people in your avatar? It makes me want to watch that anime.
What is your favorite video game? Have you played Zelda and/or Fire Emblem? Do you rest between playing sessions to sleep and eat food, or are you hooked up to an IV? Have you ever been trapped in a virtual reality?
Have you ever met someone who was insane? If so, how did you react? Was your life changed by said hypothetical encounter?
What is your favorite big word? Do you ever use said big word? Do you know what defenestrate means?
Were you ever mercilessly murdered in a theology debate? I love theological discussions (via PM), but I'm no good at debates. I just end up looking stupid. Which isn't hard, especially to those who know me.
Think of the letter J. What is the first word that comes to mind?
Okay, I should leave you alone now. Anyhoo, thanks so much for joining our humble group. I hope you enjoy your time here, and hope to see you around the forums. God bless.

Thanks! And to answer your questions:
1) A while back I was playing 'Animal Crossing DS' and I was eavesdropping on two of the villagers talking, and they said something along the lines of "Pokemon battle start! Mega Kick! Mega Punch! Flying Drilltickle!" Later, when I signed up for my first forum, I was trying to think of something original. I had originally used 'Drilltickle' because 'Flying Drilltickle' did not fit in the username box, but people ended up calling me 'drill' for short. And there you have it.
2) Makise and Okabe from Steins;Gate
3) My favorite video game is Radiant Historia DS
4) Yes, I have played both (Fire Emblem 3ds ranks 3rd on my top favorite list, Im not sure if Zelda has a current position)
5) um... no.
6) no, but I have thought about it quite extensively
7) considering that meeting someone who is insane is completely perceptual, I would have to say no, but if I were to use your perception, then very possibly yes. And no, it didnt change me in any way.
8) Im not really a fan of large words
9) I do now!
10) I have never been 'mercilessly murdered' in a debate before, but I have been in some heated discussions in the past.
11) Jon, which is my real name.
drill

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Welcome to CAA! I hope to see you around the forums and in chat! :3 :3 :3 :D
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby drill » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks! Hope to see you around the forums too.
drill

Postby LastLfan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Welcome please enjoy the free fish fingers and custard, then proceed to begin watching attack on titan, death note or sword art online. When you have finished one of these series(or caught up in the case of attack on titan) pm me and thank me...All kidding aside welcome to caa. We all may be a little crazy, especially watch out for claec(yes im finally the one that gets to call her crazy, woohoo) and again welcome *\(^o^)/*
LastLfan

Postby drill » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks! And yes, I've already watched SAO, and it was pretty good, I have yet to watch the other two though, I'll put them on my 'to watch' list :D.
drill

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Konichiwa!!! Have a panda bear hug~
Awe, members who are new to anime are always great, so we can force them to watch suggest anime to them =w=
I'm totally not evil, btw.
Enjoy your stay :>
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby drill » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:44 am

Thanks! And don't ever think that you would be making me watch anime mostly because I'm already aware of what some of the more popular anime such as death note are about. So, if you ever feel the urge to suggest an anime, go right on ahead (however, it takes me a whole week to watch a 25 episode season though, so you will have to be patient)
drill

Postby LastLfan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 am

Hey dont worry it usually takes me over a week unless i REALLY like the show eg. One outs and sao.
LastLfan

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:56 pm

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Postby drill » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks! However, I shouldn't have any candy until after dinner :D
drill

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Good day to ye, drill and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:
Vilo159

Postby drill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am

Thanks! I look forward to seeing you around on the forums. :D
drill

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Welcome :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby drill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks! I hope to see you around the forum. :D
drill

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Hullo and welcome to CAA :D
Random questions: Have you seen Thor? If so did you like it? Is Loki or Thor cooler?
I've been re-watching tons of superhero movies recently so I blame this on that :3
DecooPunk

Postby drill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks! And no, I have never seen Thor; however, I have heard of it and just about all my friends have watched it. And after a quick google search, I will vote that Thor is cooler.
drill

Postby Furen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm

drill wrote:Thanks! And no, I have never seen Thor; however, I have heard of it and just about all my friends have watched it. And after a quick google search, I will vote that Thor is cooler.

I know a few that would disagree, but I digress, I haven't really paid attention while watching it that one time I did.

Welcome! I've already talked in chat a bit, but a warm welcome is always nice, I think :)

Questions... Tell us something you think would be cool to tell us! (more of a statement, but you get the idea)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 pm

drill wrote:Thanks! And no, I have never seen Thor; however, I have heard of it and just about all my friends have watched it. And after a quick google search, I will vote that Thor is cooler.

You're welcome ^_^
I think Thor is cooler too, but I like Loki better.
DecooPunk

Postby drill » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35 am

Furen wrote:I know a few that would disagree, but I digress, I haven't really paid attention while watching it that one time I did.

Welcome! I've already talked in chat a bit, but a warm welcome is always nice, I think :)

Questions... Tell us something you think would be cool to tell us! (more of a statement, but you get the idea)

Thanks! Hmm... something cool you say...
1) I have programmed a game that was 5000 lines of code
2) I am currently on the A/V team at my church
3) God teaches me many things that seem to be unknown by many people in this world.
drill

Return to Who's Who