About Me

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

About Me

Postby Mullet Death » Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 am

Whenever I examine myself, I often get the feeling I'm such a unique fellow that it's difficult to categorize me, if you follow; sometimes it's pretty hard to find a "group" where I really fit in because my interests and beliefs, not to mention my behaviors, seem to be at odds sometimes, so that's why I looked for "Chrisitan anime" and found this place. Or at least, that's one of the consequences of my self-reflection.

The short story of my life is that I'm Wes, a 22-year-old Catholic convert (the only one in my family and, for the most part, circle of friends), work at a grocery store, currently attend community college for a "Networking" degree, play too many video games, watch and buy too much anime and don't know how to slow down or do anything that I'm passionate about with moderation. "Go big or go home!" isn't a philosophy I'm necessarily proud to be a part of, just one I have to adopt to justify what I do sometimes.

I'm really going hard these days to pursue my dreams and attempt, with God's help, to become a better overall and- perhaps COMPLETE is the right word- person. One of my dreams is to open a restaurant/ game store kind-of entrepreneurial hybrid, which is the main reason I'm attending college for my current degree (so I can make decent money to eventually open it.) Other things I have to do before I die include traveling to every state in the Union, as well as other trips to places like Japan and Italy and the sky's the limit. I've been throwing around the idea for a massive story project in my head for well over a decade that I've recently decided would probably work best as a doujinshi project, at least at first- the problem with that being that I have no talent for drawing. Currently studying Japanese, though am not proficient; would also like to learn Spanish.

Anyway, if you need to know more, you could ask, but really that's probably the Cliffnotes version of "More Than You Needed to Know About Wes, Some Dude On The Internet." Nevertheless, feel free! これから、よろしくお願いします!

Anime Owned:
One Piece (Up to and Including All of Season 4, have never seen anything beyond that)
K-On! (All +Movie)
Fairy Tail (Collection One, Collection 2 pre-ordered, have never seen anything beyond that)
Soul Eater (All)
Heaven's Memo Pad (All)
Wagnaria! (Season 1)
Trigun (All + Movie)
Welcome to the NHK (All)
FMA (All +Movie); FMA Brotherhood (All + Movie)
Spice & Wolf (All)
The Disapperance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dragonball; Dragonball Z; Dragonball Z Movies; Trunks & Bardock Specials; Dragonball Z Kai
Girls Bravo (All)
Heroic Age (All)
Mushi-shi (All +Movie)
Bamboo Blade (All)

Have more but can't remember right now.
Other anime seen:
Naruto; Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Squid Girl
Bodacious Space Pirates
Gintama (Only to Episode 106)
Nichijou (Or "My Ordinary Life" if you prefer)
Durarara!
Hayate the Combat Butler (Seasons 1-2)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Chi's Sweet Home- Chi's New Address
Upotte!
Chrono Crusade
Negima!
Sonic X
FLCL
The King of Nabari
Digimon Adventure 1 & 2; Digimon Tamers

Have seen others but can't remember, and didn't count things I've only seen in bits and pieces here and there like Yu-Gi-Oh!
SOME of my favorites among these include K-On!, One Piece, Soul Eater, and Durarara!

Cool story bro.

TL;DR: What's up?

:dance:

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Re: About Me

Postby syphon » Sun May 12, 2013 11:58 am

Hey mullet death welcome to CAA, glad to have you here! I Pray you do well in your journey!

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Welcome, welcome. Don't worry about telling us too much about yourself; most of us will probably forget anyways. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Wait, you don't fit into a specific category?! Get out, now. We'll have no people we can't stereotype here! (jk)
Studying Japanese, eh? There's alot of Japanese speakers/students on here, so it's a good place to stay sharp. I myself am not even past basic kana memorization. You should totally learn Spanish! I learned a good bit of Spanish awhile back, but I've lost most of it. Anyway, have fun, stay alive, and hope to see you around.
Bienvenidos a la CAA! Espero que su tiempo aqui se encantara. Que Dios la bendiga!

P.S. *facepalm* Can't believe I forgot to mention this. Have you seen Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? If not, you must watch it and do one of three things.
1. Be in awe of its awesomeness and think it's the greatest anime ever.
2. Be like "Meh, it was okay." And not really have an opinion either way.
3. Think it was absolutely awful and wipe the memory of it's awfulness from your mind forever.
Whichever result it may produce, you must watch it!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby goldenspines » Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 pm

よろしくね、ムレット・デスさん。 ( ・ω・)ノ  日本語とスペイン語の勉強をがんばって!

Hello and a warm welcome to CAA, I hope you enjoy it here.
goldenspines

Postby Kaori » Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 am

はじめまして、かおりと申します。よろしくお願いします。

CAAへようこそ。 Is there a story behind your username?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome. Don't worry about telling us too much about yourself; most of us will probably forget anyways. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Wait, you don't fit into a specific category?! Get out, now. We'll have no people we can't stereotype here! (jk) Yeah, well, didn't mean to go overboard; :sweat: just thought I'd try something a bit different than a regular "hello." I meant to make this thread as a kind of "I'll tell you something about me, then you tell me something about you!" kind of thread and forgot. :red:
Studying Japanese, eh? There's alot of Japanese speakers/students on here, so it's a good place to stay sharp. I myself am not even past basic kana memorization. I couldn't find the one I used just right off hand, but there are probably multiple apps and extensions for your browser that are designed specifically for kana memorization, that's how I learned to recognize them all at first; if you're serious about the process I'd really recommend that. After that you need to write them all OVER AND OVER AND OVER again just like you did the alphabet.

P.S. *facepalm* Can't believe I forgot to mention this. Have you seen Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? If not, you must watch it and do one of three things.
1. Be in awe of its awesomeness and think it's the greatest anime ever.
2. Be like "Meh, it was okay." And not really have an opinion either way.
3. Think it was absolutely awful and wipe the memory of it's awfulness from your mind forever.
Whichever result it may produce, you must watch it!

I haven't seen it yet, but I've seen some Tsubasa trailers and I'm totally on board for watching it.

But anyway thanks everyone, I'm surprised there weren't any negative responses, this is the internet after all!
Last edited by Mullet Death on Mon May 13, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am

Whoops, I didn't mean to quote myself, how do you delete posts in this forum???

Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 am

Kaori wrote:はじめまして、かおりと申します。よろしくお願いします。

I used to have a mullet (the hairstyle, not the fish), and so my first Xbox Live gamertag was Mullet Death. I'm bringing it back. :lol: Mullet_Death is also my current PSN name.

Mullet Death

Postby goldenspines » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am

Mullet Death wrote:Whoops, I didn't mean to quote myself, how do you delete posts in this forum???
Only moderators can delete posts, so I took care of that one for you.
Try to avoid double posting too much in the future though and instead us the [quote] tags for each person you are responding to in a post.
goldenspines

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Mullet Death wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome. Don't worry about telling us too much about yourself; most of us will probably forget anyways. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Wait, you don't fit into a specific category?! Get out, now. We'll have no people we can't stereotype here! (jk) Yeah, well, didn't mean to go overboard; :sweat: just thought I'd try something a bit different than a regular "hello." I meant to make this thread as a kind of "I'll tell you something about me, then you tell me something about you!" kind of thread and forgot. :red:

Agh! Sorry, I just realized how that sounded. Now I feel bad. I meant to say "Don't worry, you aren't telling us too much about yourself". We don't mind hearing about people, and you totally didn't go overboard. I like your approach, now that I understand it. So you want to hear about me, eh? I'm Claec/Cece, whichever you prefer. I'm only slightly insane, and I'm good at blending in with sane people so people don't notice my quirks. I hate sour cream, but I'm willing to show mercy to those who like it. Those who know me wish they didn't, and those who don't are probably better off. I love sarcasm, so let me know if it's driving you crazy. One of my worst fears is being too sarcastic and upsetting people. That's me in a nutshell. If I told you any more, in the words of Okita Souji, "I'd have to kill you."
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Mullet Death » Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Ha ha ha, well then, I like insane people: I'm free to be myself around them! :grin: Hope you can forgive me, though. I smother everything in delicious sour cream. Love it more than Hijikata loves mayonnaise.

Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Ha ha ha, well then, I like insane people: I'm free to be myself around them! :grin: Hope you can forgive me, though. I smother everything in delicious sour cream. Love it more than Hijikata loves mayonnaise.

Hmmm...I suppose I can forgive you.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Crossfire » Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Mullet Death wrote:I smother everything in delicious sour cream. Love it more than Hijikata loves mayonnaise.

...I have a brother?!
Crossfire

Postby Vilo159 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Crossfire wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:I smother everything in delicious sour cream. Love it more than Hijikata loves mayonnaise.

...I have a brother?!

Aye, and you have two now.

Anyway, good day to ye, Mullet Death, and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:
Vilo159

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:13 pm

One, mullet death, my apostle creed knowing brother welcome dude
Two, sour cream eww(claec does that story)
LastLfan

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

SOUR CREAM FOREVER!!!!!!

Lol, What's up Mullet? And welcome to CAA. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 am

Mullet Death wrote:

I used to have a mullet (the hairstyle, not the fish), and so my first Xbox Live gamertag was Mullet Death. I'm bringing it back. :lol: Mullet_Death is also my current PSN name.

Psn, welcome, glad to have another psn guy here, do you go on ps home.
LastLfan

Postby Mullet Death » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

LastLfan wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:

Psn, welcome, glad to have another psn guy here, do you go on ps home.

Not very often, but that's because I don't have the internet at home, so on the rare occasions I do get to go on PSN I'm usually playing a game or downloading stuff.

Mullet Death

Postby Cheetah » Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Hola. Bienvenido. Welcome to CAA. Sorry I didn't post here sooner.
Spanish is great. I'm not at all fluent, but I can carry on a conversation to some degree. I would love to learn Japanese.
You like to write?
Cheetah

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

Welcome! :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Mullet Death » Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Cheetah wrote:You like to write?

I don't think I necessarily have the talent for that; then again, I might have a different answer for that same question if I took a writing class.

Mullet Death

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am

So, i just realized i haven't posted on this thread yet >.<;; buuuuuuut,
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Return to Who's Who