Ohaiyo?

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Ohaiyo?

Postby DJ_Zephyr » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm

With MetroCon coming up soon (*recites it again* July 27, 2013, Tampa Convention Center... so sue me, I'm excited!), I thought I'd get back in the anime mood, maybe hunt down some new good series, and finish up some stuff I've been neglecting. At the same time, I could seriously use some encouragement in the faith. Being a somewhat introverted type (Understatement of the Year goes to...), I typed the two into Google, and found this place.

The palce looks pretty active, and has a good set of rules to hopefully keep the trolls and pervs at bay, so I thought it'd be worth a lurk. But not til after I at least said 'Hi!' and introduced myself!

First anime: Digimon Adventure 01 (tho my first MIGHT have actually been Escaflowne, back when it was on Fox Kids for a bit)
Favorite anime: Eureka Seven, Escaflowne, Fullmetal Alchemist... Sword Art Online is my latest craze. Too many to mention, really- I don't finish 'em if I don't love 'em!
Favorite movies: Anything by Makoto Shinkai, Steamboy, Summer Wars
Favorite manga: FMA again, Highschool of the Dead, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Bloody Monday
Favorite artists: Shinkai again, Redjuice
Favorite J-games: Okami, Steambot Chronicles, Zone of the Enders (I'm limited by budget to a PC, GBA, and a PS2)

My evenings often involve roaming the streets of Japan in Google Earth, especially Tokyo, always wishing I could go into the toy and electronics stores and see the old shrines and castles in person. I'm also fairly deep into samurai culture, owing to past online gaming with a group who role-played as such. On that note, the blade in my sig is indeed my own. Click it for a bigger, arguably better image!

I could fill pages with this stuff, but I think I'll leave it at that. Hi again!
DJ_Zephyr

Re: Ohaiyo?

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh hello, fellow Shinkai fan. Kotonoha no Niwa in 1+1 month for BD~
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello, and welcome to CAA! ^^/ If you're looking for some good anime, I enjoyed watching Serei no Moribito. That is, if you haven't already seen it. XD
Banana Lobster

Postby shooraijin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Welcome, welcome. We can always use more lurkers. Just make sure you don't get drawn into the epicness that is CAA and find yourself smack dab in the middle of the action. It's not safe. Anyways, enjoy the site, and hope we can be worthy encouragers for you. By the way, nice weapon!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby syphon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Welcome to CAA DJ zephyr!! Im sure you will like it here!

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Cheetah » Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am

Nice to meet you. I've also seen FMA and SAO. Welcome to CAA.
Cheetah

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 11, 2013 5:32 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
rocklobster

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes another SAO fan, plus, accept the jelly baby from rocklobster, trust me they are FANTASTIC
LastLfan

Postby sarahleinaar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Welcome my friend! I'm sure you'll love it here in CAA! :D
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Return to Who's Who