Oh hey I've been here for four years when did that happen

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Oh hey I've been here for four years when did that happen

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 pm

So apparently I'm like an old member of the forum now so if any of you whippersnappers (or non-whippersnappers too if you want) want to ask me about my deep dark secrets, I won't tell you anything, but anything else should be fair game.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Re: Oh hey I've been here for four years when did that happen

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:29 pm

How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?

Nature is a language; can't you read?

Which bear is best?

Which robot is best?
Davidizer13

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:20 am

Is it a sin for a man to be this popular?
Ante Bellum

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:29 am

Davidizer13 wrote:How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?

Nature is a language; can't you read?

Which bear is best?

Which robot is best?
1) As many as it takes to reach the correct road.
2) Nature? I laugh in the face of nature, which mankind has brought to its knees and become the caretaker of.
3) Image
4) Gonna have to go with a VF-25F Messiah for classic Itano circus-ing with a massive budget and also long scramble sequences that totally pander to everything I like. The VF-1 Valkyrie, Nirvash type theEND, the classic RX-78, and tachikomas are all nice runner-ups.

Ante Bellum wrote:Is it a sin for a man to be this popular?

Not if he is as immeasurably attractive as me, no.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Attractive, huh? Well, that's not the definition I would've given, but hey, to each his own.

1. What's that over there?!
2. Four years? Why haven't you escaped yet? What's wrong with you?
3. What is your opinion on sour cream?
4. Is the youngest in a family spoiled, deprived, or abused?
5. Does your avatar have as much personality as you do?
6. If a green greyhound bus drives under a double rainbow carrying 13 cardboard boxes and a cow with "The Sound of Music" playing in the background, would it give you a headache?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:58 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Attractive, huh? Well, that's not the definition I would've given, but hey, to each his own.

wat

---

How is a raven like a writing desk?
For whom do you spread your wings?
Dojo to Kasahara DATEO?!
Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Attractive, huh? Well, that's not the definition I would've given, but hey, to each his own.

1. What's that over there?!
2. Four years? Why haven't you escaped yet? What's wrong with you?
3. What is your opinion on sour cream?
4. Is the youngest in a family spoiled, deprived, or abused?
5. Does your avatar have as much personality as you do?
6. If a green greyhound bus drives under a double rainbow carrying 13 cardboard boxes and a cow with "The Sound of Music" playing in the background, would it give you a headache?

1) Probably your demise. That, or a bird. I'm guessing the former though due to my immunity to iocaine powder.
2) Obviously watching anime shows that I'm not the smartest bloke around.
3) I am morally opposed to sour cream and all other things that you add to food in such a manner, barring regular butter.
4) Obvs the last one
5) Eh, Rivaille is an interesting dude but certainly different from me. He's pretty manly and is also a clean freak, neither of which apply to me at all.
6) Can't be any worse than a schoolbus so probably not.
FllMtl Novelist wrote:

wat

---

How is a raven like a writing desk?
For whom do you spread your wings?
Dojo to Kasahara DATEO?!
Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

1) They both have r's in them.
2) Given my distates for both heights and creatures with feathers, I am hoping to stay grounded (or at least in something with walls) indefinitely.
3) WE DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING BY IT, INSTRUCTOR DOJO
4) I'd have to say that only a Sith deals in absolutes.
5) What? Oh, the uniform!
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm

You missed my demise by about 16 years.

Are you Australian, by any chance?
Did you do that?
Do you have an inferiority complex?
Can you read sarcasm?
What's your Social Insecurity Number?
Who don't you trust with your sanity?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby goldenspines » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Hold your judgement until you see him in real life. His face shines with moe, for reals.

I have no inside jokes like all you kids in here, so I'm going to ask legitimate questions.

- What is the first book you ever remember reading?
- Wooden building blocks or legos?
- Would you rather watch all of Naruto again 10 times in a row (marathoning it) or have to eat hamburgers/hotdogs/sammiches/etc. with condiments on them for the rest of your life? (oh hey, I did get an inside joke in here)
- Are you a collector of anything? If so, what do you collect? If not, do you wish you were?
- How do you like your coffee?
- If you could get a round trip plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
goldenspines

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:
Davidizer13 wrote:How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?
3) Image

What is this; I must have it.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Biomega, I think?
Ante Bellum

Postby GeneD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 am

So you're on your way to the airport and get a Final Destination style precognition that the plane will crash and you'll be stranded on an uninhabited island for an extended amount of time (everyone else also survives but get rescued or something so don't worry about them and the precog shows you will quickly find food and water etc). Instead of avoiding the flight you realise you have just enough time to pick up all available works in a specific franchise, for example all of the Lord of the Rings books or FMA manga and all adaptions in any recorded form. There happens to be an airport shop where you could get anything you want plus the necessary equipment you need to play it and some sort of infinite power source (because airport shops are magic like that). What franchise/series do you choose? Why?

P.S. No you can't use the power source for anything else, because I am the creator of this hypothetical situation and I said so.
GeneD

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:You missed my demise by about 16 years.

Are you Australian, by any chance?
Did you do that?
Do you have an inferiority complex?
Can you read sarcasm?
What's your Social Insecurity Number?
Who don't you trust with your sanity?
1) NOPE just your standard Euromutt in 'merica.
2) Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
3) Why would I feel inferior when I'm so obviously above the rest of you.
4) I don't know, could I?
5) Probably the same as your mother's.
6) Fu, who isn't willing to admit that her nickname is actually just an abbreviated form of 'fujoshi', so you can't trust those types of people. Now, brb watching sports shows and LOGH.

goldenspines wrote:
Hold your judgement until you see him in real life. His face shines with moe, for reals.
me irl

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have no inside jokes like all you kids in here, so I'm going to ask legitimate questions.

- What is the first book you ever remember reading?
- Wooden building blocks or legos?
- Would you rather watch all of Naruto again 10 times in a row (marathoning it) or have to eat hamburgers/hotdogs/sammiches/etc. with condiments on them for the rest of your life? (oh hey, I did get an inside joke in here)
- Are you a collector of anything? If so, what do you collect? If not, do you wish you were?
- How do you like your coffee?
- If you could get a round trip plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
1) Green Eggs and Ham, followed quickly by Go Dog Go and some other Seuss stuff.
2) Legos all day erry day
3) I'd probably take the latter option and just sacrifice the ability to eat hamburgers for the greater good.
4) I have an okay manga collection I've built up over the past 4.5 years, but otherwise not really, unfortunately. I've always been interested in robot kits but those things are really expensive and I don't think I'd have the time or patience or creative ability to put them together and paint them myself.
5) I like my coffe a myriad of ways, but as of late I've grown particularly fond of a Snickers, which is a blended frappe with several shots of caramel.
6) Normally I'd probably say Tokyo so I could go check out Akihabara but my recent (and possibly temporary) bouts of Anglophilia are making me lean more towards London at the moment.

MomentOfInertia wrote:
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:
3) Image

What is this; I must have it.
Yeah, it's Biomega by Tsutomu Nihei, which I haven't actually read but it's supposed to be pretty good.

GeneD wrote:So you're on your way to the airport and get a Final Destination style precognition that the plane will crash and you'll be stranded on an uninhabited island for an extended amount of time (everyone else also survives but get rescued or something so don't worry about them and the precog shows you will quickly find food and water etc). Instead of avoiding the flight you realise you have just enough time to pick up all available works in a specific franchise, for example all of the Lord of the Rings books or FMA manga and all adaptions in any recorded form. There happens to be an airport shop where you could get anything you want plus the necessary equipment you need to play it and some sort of infinite power source (because airport shops are magic like that). What franchise/series do you choose? Why?

P.S. No you can't use the power source for anything else, because I am the creator of this hypothetical situation and I said so.
I think I'm going to have to go with A Song of Ice and Fire, which between the five massive novels and the 2 seasons of the TV show would give me the most bang for my buck, here, in terms of quality and length. A very close runner up would be acquiring all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, which at 160 episodes and three films should give me a similar amount of high quality material and also a loooooot of time killed while I'm waiting to be rescued from the island. One Piece and FMA both receive honorable mentions.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 am

Just wait till I get going!

1. Where was I?
2. Do you have any world domination plans? Have you already taken over the world?
3. Can you sing and talk at the same time?
4. What were the other three questions I was going to ask you?
5. Have you ever been late for anything?
6. What is your third happiest memory?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:me irl

*hangs head* You're right. He is slightly good-looking. I take it back... If that wasn't you, but was in fact an anime character, who would it be?

ClaecElric4God

Return to Who's Who