Hey

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hey

Postby Nycko » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't know why I took myself so long to find a group like this, but it's great to know that there are many fellow Christ followers who have a common interest in Japanese animation. So yeah, I'll be chilling on here for some time, so I hope to have a great time with everyone!
Nycko

Re: Hey

Postby goldenspines » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Nycko! I hope you enjoy it here. ^__^
goldenspines

Postby Crossfire » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 pm

You live on a 757? That must get... uncomfortable after a while. I hope you at least have in-flight entertainment.
Crossfire

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

Welcome to CAA~! I hope to see you around the forums! :D
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Nycko » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 am

Crossfire wrote:You live on a 757? That must get... uncomfortable after a while. I hope you at least have in-flight entertainment.

xD not the Boeing 757, though that be nice..
Nycko

Postby shooraijin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:34 am

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 am

Konichiwa!!! Here's a panda bear hug~!
Do you have any favorite anime/manga? ^-^

Enjoy your stay :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am

Welcome ^.^
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am

Welcome, welcome. We've been waiting for you. *bows*
Don't mind Crossfire - he always has planes on the brain.
Anyway, it's always good to have an addition to the ranks. People don't last too long around here, so new members are always a welcome sight. And don't worry about having a good time; everybody here is pretty boring, and nothing exciting ever happens here. Especially when you've been here long enough to go in the chatroom. That place is like the epitome of boring. Despite that, I hope you have a good time while you're here, and hope to see you more in the future. Here, take this katana; you might need it.
Also, you have to post one random pointless fact about yourself.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nycko » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Also, you have to post one random pointless fact about yourself.

Oh the pressure. I'm able to sleep...(pause for effect) with my eyes closed. I'm also left handed.
Nycko

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh, wow! I just had a spasm. For real. A FELLOW SOUTHPAW! I am so excited I could...I don't know, type something in all caps. Oh wait, I already did that... Hey, I can sleep with my eyes closed too! We have so much in common! I look forward to getting better acquainted in the future.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nycko » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Haha likewise. Gotta love thy neighbor. :)
Nycko

Postby KazeShiki » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Welcome :) Surprised no one's asked yet so...what's your favorite anime? Favorite genre?
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Nycko » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 pm

KazeShiki wrote:Welcome :) Surprised no one's asked yet so...what's your favorite anime? Favorite genre?

Hmm, I watch watch a variety of anime with many genres. Though, if I had to pick a favorite genre, I'd personally go with psychological. It happens to coincide with some of my favorite anime like Another and Ergo Proxy to name a few.

Oh and I can't forget the classic movies of Studio Ghibli's and Miyazaki's, along with Madhouse too. Miyazaki has a great way of telling amazingly imaginative stories, with themes that always have something to do with humanity's relationship with nature, especially when nature conflicts with the ever changing and progressing technology of humans, along with their (our) ways of industrializing everything. Also it's never white and black good vs evil, it's not that easy. Humans are obviosuly more complicated than that. Each side is looking out for its best interest, with their intentions being good, if not righteous in their own perspective. Miyazaki captures all that excellently. To make things better, it's adventure with romance. You can never go wrong with that. I would go deeper but I'm not trying to make this into a review. :3
Nycko

Postby KazeShiki » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Ergo Porxy is psychological but Another definitely isn't O_o I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the genre, but I do like a good psychological every now and then. Death Billiards is the most recent one I saw and enjoyed.

I think everyone likes Miyazaki by default :P
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Nycko » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 am

KazeShiki wrote:Ergo Porxy is psychological but Another definitely isn't O_o I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the genre, but I do like a good psychological every now and then. Death Billiards is the most recent one I saw and enjoyed.

I think everyone likes Miyazaki by default :P

Ah you're right about Another. I accidentally mixed up horror and mystery up with psychological since they usually go hand in hand with most of the shows I watch. Also true about Miyazaki.
Nycko

Return to Who's Who