Perhaps a second introduction is in order?

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Perhaps a second introduction is in order?

Postby Tenchi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:16 am

Hello everyone, long time no see!...eh, what's with the confused looks on your faces? Oh, right, I was here two years ago, and only for a few weeks if I remember. My apologies, I tend to have an obsessive mind, ya never know when I'll just disappear because of some shiny coin on the ground.

Anyways, my user name is Tenchi, taken from the anime Tenchi Muyo. If I recall, it means heaven? To be clear here, I'm not a fluent Japanese speaker, though I'm nearing the end of my second semester in Japanese class. Course, I'm not as bad as I was two years ago, just remembering words I'd heard in anime... haha, looking at one of my posts I wrote 本当に for すごい, not sure if that Kanji is correct, admittedly I probably googled translated it. Kanji is going to be one of the most difficult things to read fluently in the end I'm sure, not entirely sure I can imagine reading writing mixed with Kanji and Kana as fast as writing in Romaji.

I love watching anime when I can, Clannad/After Story is and probably will be for at least quite a while my favorite anime and game, though most of the other animes on my top ten list tend to be action-packed, like Gurren Lagann or One Piece. As far as video games are concerned, though, I've enjoyed most and spent the most time playing Minecraft and Terraria, the latter to an extent that I probably won't be able to look at it without feeling sick for at least a few decades. :sweat:

As for what I do, I'm a programmer at heart, though not really all that good at hardware... taking a class to prepare for the A+ certification ATM. But if anyone has any software issues or, er, needs a program to calculate PI or something, that would be my expertise, heh. Though my favorite thing to do is program games, even though I admittedly I don't really finish most that I start. I made a game for the Ludum Dare back in December (http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=18923 , under the name DaGamesta, I know), not sure if I'll be participating in Ludum Dare 26 or not yet.

But I digress, if anyone does remember me it's probably for being long winded. :rant:

Basically, I've come here to introduce myself and talk about anime, or, well, whatever ends up being the conversation. And I'm done introducing myself. :)

わたしはてんちです。よろしくおねがいします!
Tenchi

Re: Perhaps a second introduction is in order?

Postby syphon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey welcome back to CAA!

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:25 am

Hey, welcome back. *hand shake* We've never met. At least, if we have, it was in real life or when I was practicing my ninja skills, in which case you wouldn't have met me...
Lucky you, taking Japanese classes. I'm making an effort to self-teach, so we'll see if I get anywhere with that. I'm currently working on Hiragana so...Yay! I can understand part of what you're saying! I'm so proud of me.
Anyway, welcome back, enjoy the ride, and don't get yourself killed.

ようこそ!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Good day to ye, and welcome back! :thumb: We've never met, but I'm glad to make your acquaintance!

I tried self teaching myself japanese for about two months, I didn't get very far. :/
Vilo159

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:16 am

Well, I hope your attention can be more focused now!
rocklobster

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 am

Tenchi wrote:Tenchi Muyo.

M-my first anime *teary eyed*

But anywho, welcome back, and since we haven't met before...

I hope you enjoy your stay ^.^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm

welcome back aboard, the sharks didn't get you? Lucky...
lol, just remember to watch out for the crazy people and you'll do fine.
Wolfsong

Postby Tenchi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:Tenchi Muyo.

M-my first anime *teary eyed*

Heh, yeah, though I technically saw DBZ and pokemon as a kid first, Tenchi Muyo was pretty much the first anime I saw when I first understood the term Anime. :)

The Anime I'm currently watching is Naruto Shippuden. I was caught up to somewhere around episodes 120-130 a couple years ago, now I'm watching it again from the beginning. I sure hope it's closer to the end of the anime by the time I'm caught up, I'm not very good at waiting an entire week for new episodes. :sweat:

For those learning or who tried learning Japanese by themselves, it takes a lot of dedication, as any language does, even more so if you want to be able to read it of course. Taking a class helps motivate and provides friends to practice talking Japanese with. If you don't have the means to take a class, from my experience I'd suggest at least having a friend to talk to in Japanese or learn Japanese with, as being verbal to someone other than yourself who can tell you when you're wrong is very helpful. Of course, I'm sure there's already lots of guidance on these forums regarding this topic so I think I'll just leave it at that, time to go and see if there was that subforum I remember there being for practicing talking in Japanese...

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome!... er... second welcome, anyways, heh.
Tenchi

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

too late. He's already talked to me, and I'm crazy.
rocklobster

Return to Who's Who