New here

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New here

Postby Apologiaphoenix » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Okay. I'm going to be the odd one out here because I'm not the big anime fan per se, but my wife is. I'm in ministry specializing in Christian Apologetics. My blog is at DeeperWaters.wordpress.com. I do see links to TheologyWeb.com here. I am a member there with my own section called "Deeper Waters." My wife and I at this time have been married about 2 and a half years and we both have Asperger's. She is the big anime fan and has introduced me to much of it. We've watched the entirety of Cho-bits together and for our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife, I got her Death Note on DVD. That's her favorite anime.

I mainly want to be here, though with my ministry work my time is limited, to support her in her interests and find out the best ways to encourage her. She also happens to love Dragonball and I would like to find more information on that. She wants to learn to have the attitude of Goku to overcome some of the issues from her past and I'd like to encourage her in this. I hope she'll join soon if she is not a member already. At any rate, good to meet anyone here.
Apologiaphoenix

Re: New here

Postby Vilo159 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Good day to you, Apologiapheonix, and welcome to the CAA! :thumb:
Vilo159

Postby Apologiaphoenix » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I hope I can find out more information about my wife's interests here and how I can help her reach her goals. By the way, if there are any Bronies here, I'm totally into that!
Apologiaphoenix

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope we can be encouragement to you as well. Nice to meet you.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 am

Welcome to CAA, Apologiaphoenix!

I am into apologetics as well, but I think in the past my obsession with it was somewhat imbalanced, and now I realise that it is more important to have sound theology and a good relationship with God rather than having all the information and "answers" (but, not to say they are not important).
Sammy Boy

Postby Neane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome! Hope to see you around.
Neane

Postby Apologiaphoenix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:34 pm

I would say in response to apologetics that if anyone studies how we can know what we believe is true and does not change, they have a problem. I will definitely add marriage helped greatly with that as I am reminded constantly of my shortcomings in the Christian walk. In turn, marriage helps my apologetics as my wife is my validation and encouragement.

I hope to meet people here who can help out with that as well.
Apologiaphoenix

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Welcome! Good to have you here! :D
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Return to Who's Who