[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
It's been a while... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

It's been a while...

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

It's been a while...

Postby Gala » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello all!

It has been a while since I was on CAA frequently. I got on here today and found out I don't recognize any names, or at least very few of them. I'm lost as to who is who now. I know some have changed their names and that might be part of the issue on my end and I know many more have joined. I am hoping by posting this that I can reconnect with old friends and make new on here. I miss CAA too much not to come back.

Now here is the part I tell a little about myself, isn't it? Hmm...
Well, my real name is Elizabeth though I do prefer Gala while on CAA just for old times sake. I'm a mom and a wife. My little girl is 3 years old as of December 23rd. If you ever chat with me, I promise I will probably regale you with humorous stories of her and her goofy ways. She is my life and everything my husband and I do, we do for her.

I love anime (well, duh, right?) though I don't get to watch it as often as I would like due to always running after my daughter. Umm... something that doesn't pertain to my daughter... I'm in love with artsy things and love to write. (here is where I apologize about the horrible grammar and spelling). Currently I am a tutor for children and special needs adults and I LOVE my job. Nothing could suit me more than to teach and assist.

Ummm... (I say that a lot don't I?) for any of you who remember me, you might remember some crazy kid, I still am that kid at heart. It just takes a little coaxing to come out nowadays.

Lets see.. what has happened since I was a regular CAA'er?
I graduated high school, went to a jr. college where things went crazy. It was there that I stopped really hanging on her a whole bunch. Learning took precedence and I didn't have much spare time left over. After a year at a jr. college, I attended a bible college for a semester where I decided to leave for reasons I won't post here but if you want to ask me my testimony, please PM me.
Had a child and got married and now am trying to find ways of destressing. One of the first things that came to mind was remembering how going on a CAA chat or hanging out in the Goof Off section always helped me destress after a bad day. That is what has brought me back here. Yay!

Anywho, if any of ya'll remember me and changed your names, please let me know. I feel so lost on here now that I don't recognize many names :P

For any of ya'll who don't know and/or remember me, don't be afraid to say howdy! I'll be on here more frequently than in the last few years. :)
Gala

Re: It's been a while...

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 am

Hello! Nice to meet you and welcome back. :D
A_Yellow_Dress

Re: It's been a while...

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 am

I'm not sure if we've ever talked before, but your name does seem awfully familiar. :lol: All the same, welcome back! We're glad to have you with us.
TopazRaven

Return to Who's Who