[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Newbie - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Postby Kathleen Kern » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 am

Hi folks,
I am not your standard anime fan; I kind of fell into it, one night when I had insomnia. My organization, Christian Peacemaker Teams, had a crisis in 2005-2006 when four of my colleagues were kidnapped in Baghdad, and one murdered. Somehow, an accidental viewing of Samurai Champloo led to a deeper involvement in anime series which led to my second novel about a 26 year old slacker who is so engrossed in anime series, she doesn't know how to cope when her sister is kidnapped while working for a human rights organization in Baghdad. I described the process of writing the novel in my regular column for the Mennonite World Review: http://www.mennoworld.org/2011/9/12/whe ... s-profane/, and TWWK at Beneath the Tangles came across it and asked for a review copy. He then suggested some other people to send review copies to, including Taylor Ramage. So that got me even more deeply absorbed in the world of anime.

Because the Angels has just been released on Kindle for 2.99 and Amazon Prime members can borrow it for free:http://www.amazon.com/Because-the-Angels-ebook/dp/B00AESF0B2/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1355320846&sr=1-1

Thanks for your kind attention! Kathy Kern

(BTW, if people here will post reviews on Amazon and their blogs, let me know and I'll see about getting you review copies.)
Kathleen Kern

Re: Newbie

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 am

Hey I've heard about this. I might check it out.
anyway, :hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
(don't be surprised if the mods move this to who's who)
rocklobster

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:12 am

Konichiwa!!! Here's you super special panda bear hug!!!!

RUFUS :D I loved that show X3

I'll try and check out your book too :3

enjoy your stay here :)
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Lynna » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am

Hello! I remember hearing about that novel on the Tangles, which I now am a co-blogger at. It's good to see you here :)
Lynna

Postby DarkNozomi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 am

Kathleen Kern wrote:Hi folks,
I am not your standard anime fan; I kind of fell into it, one night when I had insomnia. My organization, Christian Peacemaker Teams, had a crisis in 2005-2006 when four of my colleagues were kidnapped in Baghdad, and one murdered. Somehow, an accidental viewing of Samurai Champloo led to a deeper involvement in anime series which led to my second novel about a 26 year old slacker who is so engrossed in anime series, she doesn't know how to cope when her sister is kidnapped while working for a human rights organization in Baghdad. I described the process of writing the novel in my regular column for the Mennonite World Review: http://www.mennoworld.org/2011/9/12/whe ... s-profane/, and TWWK at Beneath the Tangles came across it and asked for a review copy. He then suggested some other people to send review copies to, including Taylor Ramage. So that got me even more deeply absorbed in the world of anime.

Because the Angels has just been released on Kindle for 2.99 and Amazon Prime members can borrow it for free:http://www.amazon.com/Because-the-Angels-ebook/dp/B00AESF0B2/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1355320846&sr=1-1

Thanks for your kind attention! Kathy Kern

(BTW, if people here will post reviews on Amazon and their blogs, let me know and I'll see about getting you review copies.)

Wait, so I'm confused... is this a novel or a manga?

Also, it kind of sounds like you're blaming anime or suggesting it makes people oblivious, which is really unfair. Those people got kidnapped because of terrorists, not because of anime.
DarkNozomi

Postby eightluvver888 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi and Welcome!
eightluvver888

Return to Who's Who