New to CA!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New to CA!

Postby Alectify » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 am

Hello, and a pleasure to meet you it is! The name is Claudia, though simply call me Alee. :) I'm an aspiring authoress and animator and am dearly passionate about my interests and hobbies. I'm thirteen years old and home-schooled though please do not judge me for my age - age is but a number, is it not? :n_n:
As for anime I don't really have a particular 'favorite' genre. I just watch whatever I'm really in the mood for. xD (Though currently I'm hooked on slice-of-life comedies.)
One of my favorite animes of all time would have to be Wolf's Rain. It was one of the first animes I ever watched that 'got me hooked' so it has a special place in my heart. Ah! And I love any Studio Ghibli film and any film by Makato Shinkai (one of my all-time favorite directors).
It's great to find a community where 'otaku-christians' can gather and forge friendships. :) I look forward to talking with you all!

~Alee<3
Alectify

Postby Neane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:29 am

Hello and Welcome!
Neane

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 am

Welcome to CAA!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 am

Welcome to the community! :D

Hope you have an excellent time here.
Zeldafan2

Postby Cianter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:44 am

Hola and welcome:D I too am homeschooled, so nice to have another homeschooler, haha:D And, I am also hoping to become an author, so that's cool:D What genre do you like writing in, and have you written any full books yet? Well anyways, hope you love it here, and trust me, you will;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cianter
Cianter

Postby metolosophy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 pm

'Ello, new mate~! ^L^ Welcome to the site!
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby eightluvver888 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Welcome, Alee!
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby Alectify » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I really appreciate it. ^^ This site is great, so far.

[quote="Cianter (post: 1592728)"]Hola and welcome:D I too am homeschooled, so nice to have another homeschooler, haha:D And, I am also hoping to become an author, so that's cool:D What genre do you like writing in, and have you written any full books yet? Well anyways, hope you love it here, and trust me, you will]

Hey there! :D Great to see another home-schooler. And I'm currently working on a novel, second draft. I love writing adventure, fantasy, 'Animal POV'...xD Any genre really. What about you? o:
Alectify

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello and welcome~!
Alectify (post: 1592770) wrote:And I'm currently working on a novel, second draft. I love writing adventure, fantasy, 'Animal POV'...xD Any genre really. What about you? o:

Hey, mass congrats for getting past draft 1! That's hard.

Now for my standard writer question--are you a discovery writer, or an outliner?

And, since 'tis the season, are you thinking of doing NaNoWriMo?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Alectify wrote:age is but a number, is it not?

I said that when I got caught underage drinking but it didn't work. D:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby skreyola » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. :)
skreyola

Postby goldenspines » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Alectify. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Howdy! :jump:
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:22 am

Konichiwa!!! Panda bear hhuuuuuggggg~~~~

Sorry for wlecoming you late ^^"

I think you're the first member i've seen who's younger than me o.O
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Alectify » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:49 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1592774) wrote:Hello and welcome~!

Hey, mass congrats for getting past draft 1! That's hard.

Now for my standard writer question--are you a discovery writer, or an outliner?

And, since 'tis the season, are you thinking of doing NaNoWriMo?

I'm more of a Discovery Writer. I start with a simple idea and as I go on I find more ideas and plot-points until I have one big, messy first-draft. xD But by the end of the first-draft I know my plot and characters intimately and can begin the second draft with a full, structured plot in my mind. :p I can't plan 'on the spot' haha! And what about you?

Oh, sounds interesting! I should give it a go. o:

Haha, Nate! That must have been awkward! :p
Alectify

Postby Cianter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Alectify (post: 1592770) wrote:Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I really appreciate it. ^^ This site is great, so far.

Hey there! :D Great to see another home-schooler. And I'm currently working on a novel, second draft. I love writing adventure, fantasy, 'Animal POV'...xD Any genre really. What about you? o:

Haha, cool! I too write fantasy, but my writing history is, er, confusing. I've been working on my current book series for over a year now, but I have been using the general idea for about five years now. Anyways, I have written three different versions of my book before settling on this one a year ago, haha. Anyways, it is a series and so far I have written the first book (which has been through several drafts:P) and am on page 224 of the second. I am also working on another series which is to be a trilogy. So, are you doing NaNoWriMo? It's will be my first year doing it, haha:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

Cianter

Postby seasons » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Judging by your posts, you're a pretty good writer. I know of college students who can barely put together coherent sentences, so you're off to a great start.
seasons

Postby Cianter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Alectify (post: 1592969) wrote:I'm more of a Discovery Writer. I start with a simple idea and as I go on I find more ideas and plot-points until I have one big, messy first-draft. xD But by the end of the first-draft I know my plot and characters intimately and can begin the second draft with a full, structured plot in my mind. :p I can't plan 'on the spot' haha!

ME TOO!!! Haha, sounds just like me!:D

Cianter

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Alectify (post: 1592969) wrote:I'm more of a Discovery Writer. I start with a simple idea and as I go on I find more ideas and plot-points until I have one big, messy first-draft. xD But by the end of the first-draft I know my plot and characters intimately and can begin the second draft with a full, structured plot in my mind. :p I can't plan 'on the spot' haha! And what about you?

Oh, sounds interesting! I should give it a go. o:

I've done it a bunch of different ways. xD I used to outline a lot, but I did discovery-write once, and I think I'm somewhere in the middle now. I like having an idea of where I'll finish, but I'm completely okay with following the characters' whims on the way there. :>

So since you enjoy writing fantasy, are there any particular worldbuilding bits you like doing most?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Welcome! ^.^
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Dante » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 am

seasons (post: 1592998) wrote:Judging by your posts, you're a pretty good writer. I know of college students who can barely put together coherent sentences, so you're off to a great start.

I second this statement.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Welcome aboard!
:hug:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:43 pm

[color="Plum"]Hi, Alectify.:n_n:[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Alectify » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:40 am

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1593128) wrote:I've done it a bunch of different ways. xD I used to outline a lot, but I did discovery-write once, and I think I'm somewhere in the middle now. I like having an idea of where I'll finish, but I'm completely okay with following the characters' whims on the way there. :>

So since you enjoy writing fantasy, are there any particular worldbuilding bits you like doing most?

Haha, awesome! :D Are there any particular genres of writing you prefer?

Making the world. ]ME TOO!!! Haha, sounds just like me!:D[/QUOTE]
Your book sounds amazing! :o What is it about?

And possibly. I've never heard of it before, but it does sound interesting. o:
Alectify

Postby Cianter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:03 am

Alectify (post: 1593395) wrote:Your book sounds amazing! :o What is it about?

And possibly. I've never heard of it before, but it does sound interesting. o:

Haha, I'll PM you about it, I don't know that they would like me ranting about it here, lol:P And I want to hear about yours as well ^_^

Cianter

Postby armeck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 am

seasons (post: 1592998) wrote:Judging by your posts, you're a pretty good writer. I know of college students who can barely put together coherent sentences, so you're off to a great start.

I third this. also welcome to CAA I too was home schooled. (until I graduated)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

Hey Alee! I'm Sarah! It's nice to meet you! I'm geting close to fifteen years old and I'm also homeschooled! I hope that you like it here! I know that I do! Everyone is SOOOOOO nice and sweet! GOD BLESS! :D
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby AdriTan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi! Everyone here calls me Adri Welcome this awesome site!
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Return to Who's Who