[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Hello. A crazy evil Romanist anime fan here! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Hello. A crazy evil Romanist anime fan here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello. A crazy evil Romanist anime fan here!

Postby John the Roman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi everyone! I was introduced to anime a few years ago and one of my favorite things to do since has been analyze anime for Christian themes.

As the title shows, I've recently decided to convert to
the Catholic faith from the Reformed Baptist faith of my upbringing.

My favorite anime of all time is Chrono Crusade. Not saying it's Christian but it's pretty close!

The first anime I saw was Requiem for the Phantom, and I've also seen Trinity Blood, Haibane Renmei, D. Gray Man, and Blue Exorcist.

I'm starting Witch Hunter Robin and am finishing up Gankutsuo.

So anyway, there you go! Can't wait to be a part of this community.
John the Roman

Postby Neane » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Welcome, hope to see you around.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Yo!

-How would you rank the rest of the anime you've seen in terms of enjoyment?
-How did you get into anime?
-Have you ever read manga?
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Chrono Crusade is one of my favorites!
Would you like a jelly baby?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby John the Roman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Atria35 (post: 1591858) wrote:Yo!

-How would you rank the rest of the anime you've seen in terms of enjoyment?
-How did you get into anime?
-Have you ever read manga?

1. I've loved all the one's I've seen. Here's the rank: 1. Chrono Crusade 2. D. Gray Man. This one was very good and had a lot of cool themes, and the villain is the same kind of "Curse God and die" that I liked about Aion in Chrono Crusade. The really liked the characters and the protagonists were deep and multidimensional. I just wish it continues so that it will actually end. So many of my favorite animes don't have proper endings! 3. Trinity Blood. This was all it took to obsess me with anime, even if it was only ones with Christian frameworks. It wasn't filled with the same theological/philosophical meat that was in Chrono Crusade, but it still made lots of cool statements about God and our responsibility as humans. It also didn't have a proper ending, and I hope there's a second season.
4. Blue Exorcist - Loved it. All the Scripture was really cool, but it did have a lot of weird buddhist elements and the cursing put some dampers on it, not to mention the scantily clad warrior (which is an understatement, even! But she was a good character at least.)
5. Haibane Renmei - I like ones with lots of action, so it took some time for me. But the ending was superb and very suspenseful! Superb.
6. Phantom - When I rewatch this it may go up, cus it's been a while, but it will always have a special place in my heart. It reminded me a ton of Ted Dekker's "Saint" so I was really intrigued with this and it was a great first anime. Also it is nice to occassionally see something that isn't filled with supernatural stuff.

2. Old girlfriend was into it and I was infected with a latent virus that has now manifested itself since I've come to college (I finished all 103 episodes of D. Gray Man in about 4 weeks). That's why I've seen so few over a 3 year period!

3. Not really, but I am reading Chrono Crusade. And I thought the anime's fanservice was bad! Lol, but it's been good and it will help fill in some of the gaps and answer some of the questions that couldn't be answered in 24 episodes.
John the Roman

Postby John the Roman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:36 pm

rocklobster (post: 1591863) wrote::hug: Welcome to CAA!
Chrono Crusade is one of my favorites!
Would you like a jelly baby?

I'd love one! Thanks.

Oh and I was the one who advised you to be on the look out for the awesome Catholic theological statements in the midst of the heresy. The thing I like about Chrono Crusade is that there is relatively little heresy compared to other anime which feature Christianity, and lots of truth.

I forgot to say in the first post, but my dream is to become a Catholic priest and one day write Bible Study material to go along with the watching of Chrono Crusade. I hope I can find a publisher when that time in the very distant future comes, it might be a tough sell.

EDIT: My other post in response to Atria is getting filtered through. The posts that get filtered and those that don't seem to be chosen randomly. Does anyone know how that works? I know my response to her was rather long.
John the Roman

Postby SilverToast » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Welcome to the CAA! I'm guessing that your username is based off of your Roman Catholicism faith. Are you interested in the roman ancient civilization too? I'm just asking because I'm curious.

What are your favorite kinds of anime?

I think you'll enjoy yourself here very much!
SilverToast

Postby John the Roman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Ace33Wing (post: 1591877) wrote:Welcome to the CAA! I'm guessing that your username is based off of your Roman Catholicism faith. Are you interested in the roman ancient civilization too? I'm just asking because I'm curious.

What are your favorite kinds of anime?

I think you'll enjoy yourself here very much!

I kind of like ancient Rome, I suppose (like Latin, prefer Roman names for pagan gods etc.), but yes, It's my faith more lol.

Based on what I've seen so far I think I like the shounen animes the best but I really just watch whatevah.
John the Roman

Postby goldenspines » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

John the Roman (post: 1591868) wrote:EDIT: My other post in response to Atria is getting filtered through. The posts that get filtered and those that don't seem to be chosen randomly. Does anyone know how that works? I know my response to her was rather long.
This is normal and happens to all new members. It's a bit random, but usually if a post goes over a certain character count, it will get caught by the filter until a moderator can come by and approve it.
Thanks for being patient, though! And welcome to CAA. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

[color="Plum"]Hi, John the Roman.:n_n:[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby metolosophy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 pm

'Ello, there, mate~! Welcome to the site! ^L^
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby skreyola » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here with us.
skreyola

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 am

About Trinity Blood, there will never be a second season. If I'm not mistaken, the creator died in the middle of the work. It's never been finished.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Vilo159 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

Good day to ye, John, and welcome to the CAA!
Vilo159

Postby John the Roman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm

rocklobster (post: 1591951) wrote:About Trinity Blood, there will never be a second season. If I'm not mistaken, the creator died in the middle of the work. It's never been finished.

I think the manga has been continued by his friends and so that could provide a second season, at least that's what I've heard other fans say. So far it's not likely but I can still hope! haha
John the Roman

Return to Who's Who