Air Force vet here, happy I found this place

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Air Force vet here, happy I found this place

Postby BakaNeko » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Greetings

My name is Daniel. I struggle with the exact date but I believe I founded my faith somewhere around 8 years old and have since then gone back and forth between struggling with my views on science and religion, and have come to a point where I am open to different ideas and interpretation, as far as the literal word for word translation of the Bible, and will really not worry about it anymore. I have my faith and I follow some of what science says as well.

I have been into anime/manga since I was about 10, so about 15 years ago. I now wish every day that either of my parents (divorced when I was about 2) got me on some heap course to learn Japanese. I would have been eternally grateful, but never late than never.

My back story is pretty simple. Spend the first half of my life in Texas then the second half so far in Tennessee. I went into the Air Force in 2004 and got out a few years later on medical. What turned out to be a minor liability in my job that got me kicked out in the first place, developed into some pretty severe anger and mental problems. I had signed up with the VA when I got out and now several years later I am 100% rated. I don't plan on staying that way forever, which brings me into my next point.

I have always enjoyed Japanese and learned a little here and there by nature of watching anime and teaching myself along the way. It is only recently that it hit me like a slippery fish, I am going to make the Japanese language my method of getting back a real life. I hear you can write your own ticket if you are highly proficient in the language dealing with international business. Even if that is a little out of reach for the moment, I will definitely give back to the communities of people who translate manga that I have read for years by translating for them instead. Not only that but I plan on spending some time in Japan, enough time to find a nice woman over there that can put up with my meticulousness and other oddities :)

I plan to accomplish this by attending class in this coming Fall, then following up in Spring of 2013, then hopefully getting the VA to help pay for a year's stay at a school in Japan and taking an intensive course. If I can't do the last part, I will simply save up a little longer and do it myself.

So that story aside, anime yes? It started out for me with good old Dragon Ball Z. I then expanded into Sailor Moon and other series. Progressively I got into more series like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop. Wolf's Rain, Lupin the 3rd, and the list goes on for about 20 other titles but in essense, it has never stopped growing. I am currently working Chronos Shell Regios, Darker than Black, and Sakura Wars.

Manga, I have read all of Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, current with Negima, Naruto, Bleach, Rosario Vampire, and several others.

Other hobbies include re-mastering the 12-hole ocarina (I will pick up the piano again, some day...), working out 3-4 times/week, volunteering around town with food runs to the elderly, playing World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Skyward Sword, and a few other RPGs.

Sorry if I typed too much, I saw a thing that said be as detailed as you want, and I happen to be a moderator on a cell phone website, so I get to typing and don't stop... sorry...

That is all... I will see yal around the board.
[SIZE="2"]"Greed and survival alone will shape this world and to its end see its utter destruction, yet there is nothing we can do to prevent our own doom, such is the nature of human kind, which presides as the dominating moving force on Earth, and even then if we conquer our own mortality, none among us will survive the eventual breaking of the world." - a quote I made up just now[/SIZE]
BakaNeko

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

I salute you sir!
And I bring jelly babies!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Welcome to CAA! Glad to have you here. xD
TopazRaven

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Welcome to the Nuthouse! :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby Lynna » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Welcome!It's great to have you here! You sound like a very interesting person ^_^
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Crossfire » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Air Force force vet, eh? That's what I'm planning to go in to, with the exception of being in Canada.
Crossfire

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 pm

yo! welcome to ze club!
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Sai-Chan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:36 am

Welcome to CAA!
Sai-Chan

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Welcome! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello and welcome to CAA. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 pm

[color="Plum"]Hi, BakaNeko.:n_n:[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Furen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Welcome aboard ;)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Winry » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Welcome to CAA! =D
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Welcome, it's good to have you here. I hope you enjoy it here and I salute your resolve on accomplishing your dreams. I hope you find everything your looking for here. ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Lockon Stratos » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey, an Air Force vet! Never know when you're going to need that in a quest to take over the world. Come well to the Alliance of Anime fans of Christ. Now we go to take over the world!!!
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Postby JesusFreakGamer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Okay... An Air-force vet who's re-mastering the 12-hole ocarina, wants to learn Piano and ALSO likes anime!? I think you're my new best friend. :-). My dad JUST got out this summer. You are officially awesome my friend. So, out of all the one's you've listed, which one's your favorite?
JesusFreakGamer

Return to Who's Who