Howdy...

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Howdy...

Postby Vracer111 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 am

Found Christian Anime Alliance through a google search and after browsing through and reading many of the threads I decided this would be a good forum/board to join. Nice/refreshing to find a place on the web for anime with a christian perspective/focus.

As far as anime goes I've really been truely into it since around 3 years ago (what temporarily grabbed my attention a long time ago was Cowboy Beebop and then more recently Ergo Proxy.)

My most likes/favorites in anime are as follows:

Movies
Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 (have not seen the original series)
Jin-Roh
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Origin: Spirits of the Past
Redline (surprisingly it's a love story at it's heart woven through all the action/violence/comedy/brief fanservice, and one in which the man looks up to the woman with a modicum of respect based on how she actually inspires him - my current favorite anime movie)
Summer Wars
Sword of the Stranger
Vexille

Series
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Casshern Sins
Cowboy Bebop
Ergo Proxy
Eve no Jikan
Flag
Ghost in the Shell: SAC (both seasons)
Gunbuster
Patlabor (the whole enchilada...)
Rideback
Rocket Girls
Romeo X Juliet
Solty Rei
Trigun
Yukikaze

This place looks to be a great place to grow in Grace and Knowledge; look forward to the journey with everyone...
Vracer111

Postby goldenspines » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to you, Vracer111. I hope you enjoy it here. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Glad you decided to join us :D
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Vracer111 (post: 1507923) wrote:Redline
Summer Wars
Sword of the Stranger
Patlabor (the whole enchilada...)
I don't normally post in these threads but I will have to make an exception. Welcome.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Greetings and welcome to the best site in this part of the Interwebs! And you have great tastes.
Neane

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Welcome to CAA! Always nice to have a new member. :) I hope you like it here.
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:02 pm

:hug: welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Vracer111 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Looking forward to learning from everyone and helping out where appropriate.

rocklobster, thanks for the offer but too much sweets and I'll be all :dance: and :dizzy:...
Vracer111

Postby Popyman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi new person! ^^

Dude, is Redline seriously that good!? I've been looking forward to it's eventual English release but I was just expecting it to be Speed Racer on steroids! The fact that it actually has a good story makes me even more excited to see it!

Have you seen Tekkonkinkreet? That's one anime movie that I never see brought up very much...
Popyman

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Welcome to the cinnamon bun!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Vracer111 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 am

Popyman (post: 1508113) wrote:Hi new person! ^^

Dude, is Redline seriously that good!? I've been looking forward to it's eventual English release but I was just expecting it to be Speed Racer on steroids! The fact that it actually has a good story makes me even more excited to see it!

Have you seen Tekkonkinkreet? That's one anime movie that I never see brought up very much...

Redline is very much a unique anime experience [I will warn that there is a short section of topless nudity in it towards the middle (not sexual in nature) which totals less than probably 5 seconds over a few shots.] Overall it rides the PG-13/R line for violence and some drug use (by the Mafia boss) along with some sensual fan service (the Super Boins). It's more Star Wars meets Death Race and Akira than Speed Racer. Per the producer and director Redline is meant to be a fun movie you just sit back and experience - not a thinking movie. But yes, while not a deep, philosophical movie it does have a story that ties everything together well with a fully fleshed out universe and the more you watch it the more you catch on to little things.

Visually it's impossible to see Redline once and catch everything; it requires multiple viewing to just physically see everything that is going on - there is nothing that comes close visually to it. The audio is done like a reference level Blu-Ray movie instead of anime... so much detail in the Blu-Ray audio. The English subtitles aren't particularly well done on the Japanese Blu-Ray release. Hopefully the UK/US release fixes this because you can tell when what is on screen isn't what was being said per se... kind of annoying, especially when you know there wasn't any cussing being said and you "see" cussing. It's like the Japanese are doing Funimation English subs for Birdy the Mighty Decode... :sweat: ;)

Have not seen Tekkonkinkreet.
Vracer111

Postby Neane » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:44 am

[quote="Vracer111 (post: 1508152)"]Redline is very much a unique anime experience [I will warn that there is a short section of topless nudity in it towards the middle (not sexual in nature) which totals less than probably 5 seconds over a few shots.] Overall it rides the PG-13/R line for violence and some drug use (by the Mafia boss) along with some sensual fan service (the Super Boins). It's more Star Wars meets Death Race and Akira than Speed Racer. Per the producer and director Redline is meant to be a fun movie you just sit back and experience - not a thinking movie. But yes, while not a deep, philosophical movie it does have a story that ties everything together well with a fully fleshed out universe and the more you watch it the more you catch on to little things.

Visually it's impossible to see Redline once and catch everything]

Tekkonkinkreet is a free movie [I have not seen it yet, but it is rated R ]that you can watch legally on YouTube along with The Sky Crawlers. Since you are so detailed with your anime, you could submit some anime reviews. Thankful you joined us!
Neane

Postby alma » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:17 am

Hello and Welcome, Vracer 111!

I think your avatar is cool and interesting. But I am afraid that I have no clue whatsoever of what/who it is.

Hope you soon feel here at home.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 pm

[color="Plum"]Hi, Vracer111.:)[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:41 pm

alma (post: 1508199) wrote:Hello and Welcome, Vracer 111!

I think your avatar is cool and interesting. But I am afraid that I have no clue whatsoever of what/who it is.

Hope you soon feel here at home.

I believe it's Tron from the two Tron movies. You should check those out sometime, alma. They're great stories.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Neane » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:33 pm

rocklobster (post: 1508257) wrote:I believe it's Tron from the two Tron movies. You should check those out sometime, alma. They're great stories.

Actually, I believe it is from Vexille.

Is is why.
Neane

Postby Lynna » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Welcome!! I'm plleased to meet you ^_^
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Vracer111 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Hello again all. Neane is correct about my avatar.
Vracer111

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Welcome Vracer I hope this site is well to you and that you enjoy it. ^^ Welcome. ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Who's Who