New here (obviously)!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New here (obviously)!

Postby Popyman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi! ^^ I just happened upon this site one day, thought it was cool, saved the link, and then--as usual with me--totally forgot about it. >_< BUT, I recently was looking through my list of favorites and re-stumbled upon this place and decided to make an account before I forgot again. XD

I guess there isn't really that much to say about me. I like anime, manga, movies, shows, books--pretty much anywhere a story can be told, I'm there. I'm a writer, stories are, quite literally, my life. I'm currently working on two books and hope to have one in good shape to start sending it to publishers by the end of the year/early next.

I look forward to meeting you all! I've never been a part of an anime focused site because the ones I've seen are cesspools...Finding this one was a Godsend!
Popyman

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Welcome!

favorite games? Animes? O-o
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Popyman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks! ^^

Let's see...

Favorite games: Mother 3, Kingdom Hearts series, Metal Gear Solid 2, Cave Story, and Psychonauts are probably my top favorites.

Favorite anime:...that's a lot harder. All I know is that FLCL is on top, no other anime comes close to that work of art. Others would be: Hunter X Hunter (that is my favorite manga for sure), Soul Eater, Trigun, Welcome to the NHK, and a whole lot of others I can't think of right now. XD
Popyman

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Popyman (post: 1505883) wrote:Thanks! ^^

Let's see...

Favorite games: Mother 3, Kingdom Hearts series, Metal Gear Solid 2, Cave Story, and Psychonauts are probably my top favorites.

Favorite anime:...that's a lot harder. All I know is that FLCL is on top, no other anime comes close to that work of art. Others would be: Hunter X Hunter (that is my favorite manga for sure), Soul Eater, Trigun, Welcome to the NHK, and a whole lot of others I can't think of right now. XD

ahh I have yet to play Cave story, i have wanted to and it was on my computer for a bit but I went to play it and my computer kinda freaked....

love the art style in FCL! I'm not a huge fan of the story lol but the art is pretty amazing, I like Soul eater too :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

Makachop^^128

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Kingdom hearts fan!!! HERE'S YOUR PANDA BEAR HUG!!!
I also like trigun XD.
i hope you have an awesome stay here! :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:40 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA!
Would you like a jelly baby?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:24 am

Welcome!! :D

As a forgetful person myself, I completely understand...

O_O Wait... why am I here?

OH!! :D That's right~ Welcome to CAA~ ^^ I'm known by a lot of names, Crazy, Silly, Psycho! But you can just call me Nami~

So, Trigun, eh? That's a pretty good one~

What's your ultimate fav anime and/or manga series?
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby TheMewster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:49 am

Welcome! :hug:

Would you like a jelly ba-

*glared at for not being original*
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 am

I welcome you fellow FLCL fan. May Canti bestow his blessing....(Its from the show.)Just don't set stuff on fire k?Also you into twilight?(Please don't be into twilight.)
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:28 am

Welcome Popyman. It's good to have you here. I hope you enjoy your long stay at Casa de la CAA!!!! ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby acgifford » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 am

Welcome to you!:DD
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 am

Welcome to CAA! I hope you come to like it here. Don't forget about it any time soon, alright? :lol: This coming from someone with a terrible memory.
TopazRaven

Postby Popyman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks for the warm welcoming, guys! ^^

@Makachop: Aw, you HAVE to play Cave Story! It's the greatest. Do you have a Wii or a DSi/3DS? It's on all of those systems, too.

@Panda: Kingdom Hearts is indeed awesome!

@Nami: I'm sorry you have a bad memory as well (and you too, Topaz). :( My favorite anime is by far FLCL, unless that doesn't count as a series because of how short it is? XD If so, Soul Eater would probably be my favorite. As for manga, Hunter X Hunter hands down. In my opinion, HxH is the best the shonen genre has to offer.

@Raider: No, I don't like Twilight. XD
Popyman

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome to the tasty cinnamon bun :D Hope you enjoy your stay here
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

@Makachop: Aw, you HAVE to play Cave Story! It's the greatest. Do you have a Wii or a DSi/3DS? It's on all of those systems, too.

oooh I didn't know its on those too >.> I really needa play that game :/ its been year now that I have wanted too....

Makachop^^128

Postby Rri X » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Another Kingdom Hearts fan! Pleased to meet you, I'm Rri. I'm a newbie myself, but I'm already enjoying myself here, and I hope you will too!
Rri X

Postby Furen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Why hello there, welcome to the club... er community!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm

[color="Plum"]Hi, Popyman.:)[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Popyman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Makachop^^128 (post: 1506018) wrote:oooh I didn't know its on those too >.> I really needa play that game :/ its been year now that I have wanted too....

Do you have a Wii? If you give me your Friend Code I'll gift Cave Story to you. ^^ Or do DSis/3DSs have a gifting feature too? I haven't had my 3DS very long so I'm not sure...

@Rri X: Nice avatar, man! I've always wanted to have sea salt icecream after seeing it in Kingdom Hearts so often. I even printed out the recipe and everything and I STILL haven't had it. >_< I'm making that a birthday request this year, I think. XD
Popyman

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Do you have a Wii? If you give me your Friend Code I'll gift Cave Story to you. ^^ Or do DSis/3DSs have a gifting feature too? I haven't had my 3DS very long so I'm not sure...

I have a friend that has it on their flashdrive for me lol but thanks ^.^

Makachop^^128

Postby Nami » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 am

Popyman (post: 1505980) wrote:@Nami: I'm sorry you have a bad memory as well (and you too, Topaz). :( My favorite anime is by far FLCL, unless that doesn't count as a series because of how short it is? XD If so, Soul Eater would probably be my favorite. As for manga, Hunter X Hunter hands down. In my opinion, HxH is the best the shonen genre has to offer.

XD It's alright. It's hereditary. ^^;

I've never seen FLCL, so I don't know.. but sure, it counts!! :D it's an anime ya? :3 Soul Eater, I liked it for a second. There was just too much perv-ville stuff in it >> I didn't want to finish after that (Besides, D. Gray Man is like Soul Eater without all the perv.) I've never read Hunter x Hunter, unfortunately, the art/story didn't look intriguing to me. ^^; I go for Rurouni Kenshin when I think of Shonen. ^^ But, I'm varied and like a ton of different things (even when people are weirded out)

O.o so, who is your favorite band?
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Popyman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

@Makachop: Oh, okay! Make sure you play it, Cave Story is a masterpiece that everyone should experience. ^^

@Nami: Well, FLCL is only six episodes long, calling it a series might be a bit of a stretch for some people. XD You should really watch it! It's short and is amazing. It is sort of perverted, but everything that's there has a reason behind it. It's the best modern coming of age story ever told, IMO.

As for Soul Eater...how far did you get? At the beginning it is overly perverted and I didn't like it either. I watched two episodes and gave up on it. However, once I saw that it was on Netflix I decided to give it another chance and fell in love with it. As it goes on the perverted stuff goes away rather quickly, only popping up a little bit here an there. You should give it another try! D.Gray Man is cool, too. ^^ I need to watch more of that...I got a little bit past the vampire guy and stopped for some reason.

People don't tend to like HxH's art so I can't fault you for thinking that. XD Personally, I love the art. I don't know why, but I like the messiness of it. And the story is not HxH's main focus but the characters and the intelligence of shonen cliches. Gon is hands down the best character I've seen in any anime and manga. You know how in most Shonen the main character gets beat down, trains a lot, beats the bad guy, and the cycle repeats? That doesn't happen with Gon. Gon hardly ever wins, I can count his victories on my hands but I've long ago lost track of his failures. But he never gives up, he always gets on his feet, learns something from the loss and keeps on going. I can keep on singing HxH's praises for AGES, so I'll just stop there. XD Give it a try, if you can get past the slow start you'll find lovable characters and fight scenes smarter than any the genre has to offer.

Favorite band...Arcade Fire is probably my favorite, I think. What about you? :3
Popyman

Postby Nami » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

Popyman (post: 1506277) wrote:@Nami: Well, FLCL is only six episodes long, calling it a series might be a bit of a stretch for some people. XD You should really watch it! It's short and is amazing. It is sort of perverted, but everything that's there has a reason behind it. It's the best modern coming of age story ever told, IMO.

As for Soul Eater...how far did you get? At the beginning it is overly perverted and I didn't like it either. I watched two episodes and gave up on it. However, once I saw that it was on Netflix I decided to give it another chance and fell in love with it. As it goes on the perverted stuff goes away rather quickly, only popping up a little bit here an there. You should give it another try! D.Gray Man is cool, too. ^^ I need to watch more of that...I got a little bit past the vampire guy and stopped for some reason.

People don't tend to like HxH's art so I can't fault you for thinking that. XD Personally, I love the art. I don't know why, but I like the messiness of it. And the story is not HxH's main focus but the characters and the intelligence of shonen cliches. Gon is hands down the best character I've seen in any anime and manga. You know how in most Shonen the main character gets beat down, trains a lot, beats the bad guy, and the cycle repeats? That doesn't happen with Gon. Gon hardly ever wins, I can count his victories on my hands but I've long ago lost track of his failures. But he never gives up, he always gets on his feet, learns something from the loss and keeps on going. I can keep on singing HxH's praises for AGES, so I'll just stop there. XD Give it a try, if you can get past the slow start you'll find lovable characters and fight scenes smarter than any the genre has to offer.

Favorite band...Arcade Fire is probably my favorite, I think. What about you? :3

O-o Wow, that's rather short. But, interesting. XD I'll definitely have to look into it (if I ever get the time to watch anime anymore, which I rarely do these days). ^^; ah, the perverted thing gets me, but I can look past it if the story/characters are alright. Though, if it's heavily perverted, I get annoyed fast (Love Hina for example)

Hrm, I read the manga and it was perverted to the second book. Though the characters were interesting and the storyline is promising, I can't handle that sort of thing. I get annoyed fast and it really ruins the story for me. I don't mind it when it's done tastefully (which it can be, overly-done, it's just crude) I'll think about it. ^^ You should consider reading the Manga instead for D. Gray Man. I can't, personally, stand the anime. The voices are crap and the animation is weird. D. Gray Man's Manga art is STUNNING and totally blows your freakin' mind. The action is done well so you can tell what's going on. I love Allen in the Manga and hate that they gave him a squeaky voice... >> so annoying.

Haha, its your taste. ^^ Its what you like, I like things that other people, generally, don't like for art or whatever. XD Yeah, the cliches get annoying (though so do Shojo, but Shojo is pretty fun) Gon gets beat up huh? That's a nice change. :D I may check it out if it breaks down the cliches. I've heard it's really good. I usually flip to the middle of the book to see if its any good, I'll see. ^^

Never heard of Arcade of Fire. What sort of genre are they? XD Oh man, my favorite band? I couldn't possible say. I listen to a great deal of music, not all of it is one genre (in fact, most of it isn't) But, I guess for now my favorite bands are Owl City and Newsboys. Just for now. I have tons of music, and favorite songs can change on a dime, same with bands. XD; I'm rather indecisive. XD;

How about hobbies? Whadd'ya like to do, besides watch anime? XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Popyman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Hmm...I haven't seen Love Hina so I can't compare it to that, but I don't think FLCL is *too* perverted. What you have to understand is, in FLCL, EVERYTHING that is said or happens has meaning behind it. The appeal of the show is looking underneath all the crazy stuff and finding the real message behind it all. It's only six episodes long, it won't waste too much of your time if you end up not liking it! XD

I know what you mean about pervy stuff ruining some anime...Highschool of the Dead is probably the best example I can think of. It has all the makings of a great zombie story but the fan service is EVERYWHERE; it's really distracting. >_<

Second volume, huh? I think you stopped right when that stuff stopped being so prevalent, but I'm not sure because I mostly only watched the anime.

I have read some of the D.Gray Man manga and I agree, it is a lot better! I just never got around to buying them...Heh, I liked Allen's voice in the anime. XD Have you heard the English dub? He has a deeper voice--that I don't like that much--so you might like it better.

HxH is VERY good, yes. It just takes a while for it to get going...once it does though, it continues to get better and better and never stops.

Wikipedia says Arcade Fire is indie/art rock so I'll go with that. XD Owl City is cool! I've never heard of Newsboys before.

I like to read, play video games, watch movies, and write. Those are pretty much my only hobbies. XD Writing might not count though, I'm a lot more serious with it than just a hobby.
Popyman

Postby Neane » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome! Favorite Movies?
Neane

Postby Popyman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:33 pm

I can't just pick one, I watch too many! XD Off the top of my head, some of my favorites are: INK, Where The Wild Things Are, The Matrix, Summer Wars, and all of Edgar Wright's movies.
Popyman

Postby bakura91 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:06 am

Welcome! Glad you found this site, Its Excellent!
bakura91

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 am

Wow, this is late, but welcome to CAA!
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Vii » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Welcome to CAA! ^_^
Vii

Return to Who's Who