[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Greetings mortals! :D - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Greetings mortals! :D

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Greetings mortals! :D

Postby ebonyrose » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 pm

(This said I can be as in depth as I like... >:] This shall be fun!)

Hullo!
I'm Karen, generally known as Ebony in the marvelous world of the interwebs. I'm pretty new to the whole manga and anime thing, but let me just thank you all first; this site has done a lot to get my mom used to the idea of wholesome manga and anime.

Little story about that...
When I was about 12, I started taking a liking to the drawing style and asked her if I could get some books about it. She promptly told me it was demonic (as in, the drawing style itself...) and that I should never mention it again. That same day, we went to the library and she got me a book on drawing manga. :p So, here I am 3 years later, just as talentless as I was back then. ^_^ That doesn't stop me from loving it though; I've just recently convinced her to let me read some, and this site is primarily where I found my reviews. So.... thanks! XD Hopefully, I can contribute some and not be so much of a leech anymore.

I tend to watch more anime than read manga, but a few favorites from both worlds are Doubt, Death Note, Azumanga Daioh, and Skip Beat. (Actually, those are the only ones I've actually finished. XD Like I said, I'm really new to this.)

Things that are also semi important:
*I'm a Christian: I got saved 5 years ago. ^_^ As my awesomely-southern pastor would say; "Weeeeell glory!"
*I just turned 15, and thus I can read a whole new age level of manga here! >:D YUS! So, on that subject I'm also ahead a grade and I start dual enrolling in my local college in a year. *shudder* And I get my permit this summer. ^_^
*I like talking about myself way too much. O_o Sorry...
*Writing is my passion, though not necessarily my talent. Lord willing, I'll be an author when I grow up, but we'll see. I've got a lot to learn...
*That being said, I'm probably going to end up haunting your RPG forums. >:]
*When I was 4, I tried to kill a kid in my daycare with a plastic knife. Thus, I've been homeschooled ever since. Actually, now-a-days, I go to school once a week and get my homework for the rest of the week, so it's only pseudo-homeschooling.
*I am terrified of roaches.
*Asterisks are awesome. They're bullet points, emphasis, action tags and just plain awesomeness all rolled into a delightful sushi roll of joy and love. Plus, they can make this little face thingy: ^(*-*)^

So... Yeah. :p I'm done...
ebonyrose

Postby goldenspines » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to you, Ebonyrose. I hope you enjoy it here. ^__^
goldenspines

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow. That's quite an introduction. Welcome to the Nuthouse! :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey there and welcome to CAA ^__^ I hope you enjoy it here 8D Let us know if you need any help ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Reon » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 am

Best greetings I've seen yet.
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="7"]
[color="Red"]W[/color] [color="Magenta"]E[/color] [color="Orange"]L[/color] [color="Yellow"]C[/color] [color="Lime"]O[/color] [color="Cyan"]M[/color] [color="Blue"]E[/color][/SIZE][/font]
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:11 am

:hug: Welcome to CAA! Have you considered making a blogspot account? It's free. I have one myself.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ebonyrose » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 am

@Goldenspines: Hmm... You seem somewhat familiar! :p Hehe, thanks for the welcome!
@Mithandir: Bwhaha, yay! XD
@Tsukuyomi: I shall indeed. :) (Actually, I already have! XD)
@Reon: Che-yeah! *takes a bow* (Well, I feel special now ^_^)
@Rocklobster: O_o That is an awesome emoticon... it's like a super-sneaky-awesome-ninja-stealth-a-hug... I've made some in the past for a magazine I was a part of several years ago, but I rarely have the dedication to keep up a blog. Still... it would be nice to have one, just to back up stories and stuff that I don't want to lose. The website I have (http://www.eternallyebony.webs.com <--Mini-plug! :p ) is actually known about by a few of my friends and all, so I can't post some other secrety thingies...
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
:bang:
Hehe... that's way too amusing...
ebonyrose

Postby Gelka » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 am

Yay a fellow beginner artist! Welcome! ^-^
Gelka

Postby jadeTheshade » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm

welcome aboard and cheers to you!
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey, welcome to CAA! I'm a former Running Start student (AKA "dual enrollment," as you call it), and it rocked. Are you headed in a particular direction with the college classes yet, like a major or something?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ArellaEliora » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Welcome Ebony, glad you could come aboard :thumb:
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!
For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, - Proverbs 2:6-7

Everyone will live forever... the question is with Who?
ArellaEliora

Postby ebonyrose » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Never heard it called Running Start before... I like it! :D
And no, I really have no idea what I'm looking for, major-wise. For now though, I only have to worry about getting the credits done for the scholarship, so we'll see how it goes once I'm done with that and actually have to make a decision. xD
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
ebonyrose

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Welcome, and enjoy your stay at CAA!

Gelka (post: 1371996) wrote:Yay a fellow beginner artist! Welcome! ^-^

You don't count, you're way too good XD
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Chibi0saka » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Welcome! I'm pretty new here so I don't know if there's much I can help with but I thought I'd say hello! I love Skip Beat and Azumanga Daioh too!
[font="Verdana"][color="RoyalBlue"]NOTHING but the blood[/color][/font]
Chibi0saka

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi.:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a good time here.

There are quite a few of us here who love writing!

I am also terrified of roaches! Nasty evil creatures... *shudder*
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi~nya!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi! Welcome to CAA! I'm homeschooled as well , so I understand that haha. I also Hate roaches.... a lot... :D anyway, WELCOME!^^
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby ebonyrose » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 am

SHAMELESS BUUUUMP! >:0

So, I'm back on here. Go'n get mah post count up so I can review some manga up in this place. Anyone know how many posts that'll be? ^_^;
ebonyrose

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:57 am

That number is to remain undisclosed. You'll know when you'll hit it ;).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:57 am

[quote="ebonyrose (post: 1512999)"]SHAMELESS BUUUUMP! >:0

So, I'm back on here. Go'n get mah post count up so I can review some manga up in this place. Anyone know how many posts that'll be? ^_^] Just keep contributing to the forum and you'll get there soon enough.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 pm

A BAJILLION!!!!

... yeah, what Goldie said. It would be awesome to see you around the boards. We like fresh blood and unbroken spirits in our conversations. Keeps things interesting.

So what have your favorite manga become since you last posted in here?
Atria35

Postby ebonyrose » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Unbroken spirits eh? Too late for that. v_v /emo XD

Eh, sounds good enough for me. ^_^ I've been on another forum for so long, it'll be nice to hang out with a bunch of people that I'm not completely sick of yet. (I'm... nicer than that sentence sounded. O_o ) I shall press onward to that undisclosed number! >:0 ^_^

Ah, lessee... New favorite manga...
Probably Yotsuba&!.
As for anime, my new favorite is probably Ouran High School Host Club. I was also pretty intrigued by Darker than Black, but gave it up halfway through. Dunno why. I should probably pick that up again. Right now, I'm in the middle of Black Butler. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it yet. O_o
ebonyrose

Postby Lockon Stratos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 pm

*Walks in wearing gas-mask and carrying a bug-bomb* Stand back!! *Hurls it behind him and, oddly, it explodes* No roaches will infest this place. Anyway, name, well look to your left, my modus operandi, look down. Need I say more?
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Postby Furen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Nice to meet you
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:24 am

Konichiwa!!!!!!!!! You want a panda bear hug? Too late you're getting a panda bear hug!!!! *panda bear hug-ness-es*. Hey, an artist!!! Me love-ith drawing-ith...yeah, I also have much to learn of writing. Hope ya have an awesome stay here!!! :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello, it's good to have you here. I hope you find whatever it is that your looking for. ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 pm

[color="Plum"]Welcome back.:)[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome to our tasty cinnamon bun! :D
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby alma » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am

Welcome back!

and nice to meet you.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Next

Return to Who's Who