hi from Irv

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

hi from Irv

Postby irvnnan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am

Hi:

I'm Irv and I've become an anime fan in the last couple of years. I hadn't paid much attention to anime until I became involved in a project of looking in to the idea of producing an anime version of the story of Jesus. I started watching some of the films by Miyazaki, Oshii and others. Reading Wired and recent articles in the last few years I realize what a global tidal wave anime and manga has become. Wow.

Watching Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, Stand Alone Complex, Ergo Proxy etc. helped me see what a different world anime comes from and some of the incredible imagination and beauty that were in some of these films that I was totally unaware of. Watching Blood and Ghost in the Shell II I realized how cutting edge the work is technically and how much spiritual topics and the nature of man and the soul are woven through these films . I see it now as a huge part of the visual medium of a new global generation.

The idea of a anime version of the story of Jesus has been moving forward. You can see two animated storyboard versions we've worked on. (I work with the JESUS film - that film on Jesus done in 1979 and translated into 1000 languages). My friend Barry actually directed these two sequences. I mostly acted as a producer but I did some compositing work on one section. Let me know what you think. They are in 30 languages up at http://whoishe.org/animationproject

Thanks again to whoever put this site together!

"Don't be weary in well doing for in due season you will reap if you do not faint"

Irv
irvnnan

Return to Who's Who