I'm new

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I'm new

Postby express » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:43 am

Hello, everyone. My name is Joey. I'm so glad that I found this site. I stumbled upon it just out of curiousity. I went on a search engine and I was like, "I wonder if Christian anime even exists." So, I searched "Christian Anime", and I ended up here. I've been an anime fan since I was 10. That would make it 8 years. I've seen both the good and the bad sides of anime. But just recently I've been saved by the grace of God, maybe a year or so ago. And I've learned, as I've read the Word, that I can't compromise anything anymore for the world. That means everything I watch, think, read, everything; I have to do it for the Lord.

I then saw that much of the anime I had really conflicted with the moral standards said in the Word, which I now I try to abide by. So, I pretty much cleaned out my collection of anime, either selling it or throwing away, and decided that I would watch what I get from now on. Even the stuff I decide to keep, I still have to watch out.
express

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:30 am

Hey Joey!
Quite an admirable goal you have there, as well as an iron will to follow through on it. That's wonderful. It takes a lot of strength to get rid of an entire collection, so praise to the Lord for your strength. We're here to help with that whole moral standards issue, because each and every one of us struggles with it too. I know you'll enjoy yourself here, so make yourself at home!
Ashley

Postby calbhach » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:18 am

Hi Joey! Be careful, and don't pay too much attention to some of us, cause it might make you go :hits_self or :comp:

Anyway welcome!

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:53 am

Hey whats up? glad you found us, glad you made it, and I hope your convictions of what to watch and what not to watch will effect a change in all of our hearts. Thanks for shareing. anyway, as is my custom i bestow coolness upon you (theres nothing fancy your just cool now)

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Stephen » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:24 pm

Welcome aboard.
Stephen

Re: I'm new

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:09 pm

Originally posted by express
And I've learned, as I've read the Word, that I can't compromise anything anymore for the world. That means everything I watch, think, read, everything; I have to do it for the Lord.

Awesome! Welcome to the site!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:55 pm

Nice to have such a dedicated Christian aboard.

Yes, please, do everything you do for the Lord. But recently I've come to a new understanding of what this means. Have you read The Practice of the Presence of God? It's by a monk who eventually found he could do nothing but not for the love of God. What did he do? He washed dishes in a kitchen.

Though everything must have its limits and be lesser than devotion to God, most of the "good" things in the world were created for human enjoyment. He never intended for us to be misers.

Umm... I hope I didn't scare you off. Really, I admire your committment. I believe you can bring many good things to the CAA.
uc pseudonym

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:07 pm

Hey there Joey...nice to have ya. That's quite a commitment you've made, man...I know full well I could never pull that off. .__. But hey, if that's what you feel called to, then great. ^_^

See ya around!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby andyroo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:19 pm

Welcome, welcome! Great for you to be here! !
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:06 am

Like Ashley said, it does take strength to just toss stuff, even if you know it's wrong. A few of us around here have had to do that, but I don't think anyone regrets it. So, I'm very happy you found us, and I hope you become a regular around here. See you on the boards!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby express » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:44 am

Thanks you guys. I truly appreciate the welcome. As for me cleaning out my collection, it's not that much that I'm getting rid off. But thanks for the encouragement.

I agree entirely with what uc said. Anime is a form of entertainment and should be only that. It shouldn't progress any further.

The Word said that we should have a discerning spirit. I believe we anime fans should watch anime, and anything else for that matter, in this way.

Anyway, thanks again.
express

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:35 pm

Well put. Looks like you'll be fitting right in.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:18 pm

hey welcome to CAA
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Return to Who's Who