andyroo

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

me profile

Postby andyroo » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:10 pm

here it goes.
Name - Andrew
Age - 16
Gender - Male
favorite foods - salmon teriyaki, fried chicken, and Sirloin Steak :cool:
unliked foods - bell peppers, squash, onions,
quirks - Let's see. I can make bird sounds like chickens, turkeys, ducks, and so on. I am completely random or so I'm told.
talents - I can play a few instruments. I had a cheep tin whistle until it some how got smushed and is now unplayable; I can also play the Mountain Dulcimer.
time of salvation - When I was seven years old and at home.

I edited it to make it look less... weird.(to me at least)
andyroo

Postby Spencer » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:15 pm

Beef - It's whats for dinner.

Mmm, now I'm hungry, even though I just had a mondo sno cone...Hehe, bord calls? That's cool. If I ever tried that, I'd probably...I don't really wanna think about the results of me and bird calling..:sweat: I don't like onions much, either. I only like them when dipped in fattening grease, and deep fried to a golden crisp. Getting hungry again....

Enjoy.

btw, what anime is your avatar from? At first glance, I thought it was Wolfwood from Trigun, but I can't tell.
:)
Spencer

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:48 pm

Nice avatar. Good to have you with us.
uc pseudonym

Postby andyroo » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:03 pm

My Avatar is from Get Backers. It's not the greatest anime show out there, but there some the screen shots off of a web site I can't remember that got me interested. I was a bit hesitant to use this character as my avitar because of some reviews on point-blank.cc. Two legnthy comments claimed that it was yaoi cause how the two lead characters were shy around women and some guy said that's all there was on the internet off of google (I tried the search and came up clean screen shots). I began thinking what about Tenchi? He is always trying to pick Ayeka and Ryoko off him. Besides the Japanese are much more upfront with their ideas than americans are. Woops, almost forgot the rant smilie :rant: There.
The guy's name is Ban Mido.
andyroo

Postby MillyFan » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:51 am

:rant: To some fangirls on the Net, there is no such thing as a straight male character, LOL. Don't worry about it unless the characters are openly that way or the writer has documentedly said that it could be interpreted that way-because if neither of those things have happened, it's most likely a fan pairing done without any consent or encouragement by the original author.

(back on topic)

By the way, he does look like. . .

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:44 am

:mutter: I HATE it when those girls do that! Then you know what happens? Some newbie to the series reads a fanfic or a bio on a character at that twisted site and thinks it's 'real'--real as in actually being in the show. I am so sick of perverted fans twisting and implying and implicating until a show is surrounded by nothing but rumors of trash! (pants) Oooookay, rant over. Sorry.
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:11 am

Pants? Why did you say pants? Oh, right, like breathing hard, not like clothing...:hits_self
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:06 am

This thought occured to me, I hope I don't anger anyone with it. I have to wonder why there are so many yaoi things for any given manga. Out of curiosity, I went to fanfiction.net and looked up the Romance category in multiple animes. Generally, far greater than 50% were yaoi.

Anyway, I wonder what the reason for this is. In case you don't know, some perverted guys have a thing for lesbian stuff. Sure I don't agree with this, but the point is that we might possibly have the opposite being true. Odd, huh? I can't claim to understand either of the said parties.
uc pseudonym

Postby andyroo » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:14 am

I think I heard some where that the unbeliever twists (warps) what is God's. It seems to be common place for clean anime to be twisted in knots to something perverse.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:09 pm

That "somewhere" you refer to could be a number of things, but it could also be the Bible.

In essence, sin is corrupting that which God had intended to be good, whether that be relationships, or nature, etc. I really wish it would happen less, for the same reason as Ashley. But even worse, these things will be seen by people who have no intention of getting involved with the anime! (ie parents) Then they condemn something unnecessarily because of the stumbling of others.
uc pseudonym

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:12 pm

Just after posting, I realized I have committed a tremendous oversight in regard to this whole issue (which is, by the way, off topic, but I don't mind).

The mission statement says "love the sinner, hate the sin," right? This is easy to forget, especially when someone does something as perverse as some things on the internet.

I probably don't need to say it with this group, but just in case: Don't think of these people as creators of trash, think of them as fellow brothers who are in desperate need of help.

I don't use smilies in general, but I deserve it for letting myself slip into crusader mode.

:hits_self
uc pseudonym

Postby andyroo » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:11 pm

It's okay. What you said is completly true. Although some would probably be too ticked off to love anyone. Anger most of the time leads to irrationality, sort of like insanity, but not quite as severe.

Now to talk about something else. No one has asked me what a Mountain Dulcimer is. This is very odd to me. I'm always getting questions about what one is when I mention things such as the instruments I play that would bring up mentioning it. Don't want conversation about my sig to dominate the thread and all. But if you all know what one is, that's cool :cool: .
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
andyroo

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:24 am

(Laughs) I am very aware of what a dulcimer is, since I am also into celtic instruments. Although I found out a while ago I had no talent for anything with strings on it, I still love the sound of the dulcimer. I also noticed that you have a ..crushed whistle? I find that very sad, because I'm a piper. I play the penny whistle, mostly high D. I have a low D susato, but my fingers are a little too small to cover the holes, so that one is a challange. I mostly play the smaller high one. Is your dulcimer a custom shape or the standard kind? Do you have any mp3s uploaded so I could hear you play?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:45 am

Hmmm, I took the dulcimer thing for granted. In the parts I come from, it's a relatively common instrument for upper level musicians to play. I've never really given it a shot, but it's far from the easiest instrument to play. Way to go!
uc pseudonym

Postby andyroo » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:29 pm

Well the basics of playing a dulcimer isn't too hard; it's really the flat picking that gets tough along with the techniques.
My dulcimer is your standard hourglass shape, but it is twice the width and 3 inches longer than a standard made dulcimer. That means it's much louder than the average dulcimer. I have a few others lying around the house, but this is the one I play the most of any of the others.
I'm working on getting rid of background noise (i.e. my 5 year old computer) from the songs I've recorded onto my computer and the mic. is pretty cheep, but it isn't the worst one you could possibly have. I just find a constant noise in the background an irratence. I would probably use my geocities account to put mp3s on the internet for easy access.
Oh, yeah almost forgot. The tin whistle was, thankfuly, really cheep (only around eight dollars). I'm hoping to get better one (around one hundred dollar range) for my birthday or for Christmas in D key. I still can't figure out how it got crushed or what crushed it, though.

In most of the South east, the dulcimer is a seldom heard instrument. It is much more common the further north you go, esepecially around the smoky mountains. I am still spreading the news as to what a dulcimer is though or really celtic music period.
I think I'm starting to rant now, so I will stop while I'm ahead of myself. uc have you heard of Larry Conger?
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

andyroo

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:27 pm

Hmm, well, if you're going to get a large whistle, I really would reccomend the Susato low D. Mine cost around $90. It has a very rich sound to it, even on the simplest notes. As for the high ones, my SweetTones cost only around $8. They're cheap, yes, but they're good, and well, expendable whistles (I've destroyed a few myself on accident). Right now, I'm using a Clarke's D whistle with a wooden mouthpeice. It's slightly more advanced than a SweetTone, but it has a clearer sound.
Larry Conger? Nope, never heard of him before, but I looked him up. 1998 dulcimer champ, huh? That's cool. Lemme guess, you have a few of his cds right?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby andyroo » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:54 pm

And I have his music books, too. That was the whistle that got crushed. Yep, the Clarks tin whistle with the wooden mouth piece. That's the one! I will take a look at the Susato while looking around.

I had( or have) a Walton's Tin Whistle with a plastic mouth piece, but it sounded too much like a recorder to me and mildew grew all inside it to. :shady: :drool:
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

andyroo

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:56 pm

well, not *really* a piper, but I have a Clark Sweetone D (I think) too...learned to play all the Ocarina of Time songs on it a while back. It's really quite the whistle, I think, and a lot of fun to play. I like the pure, sweet sound it has. I also semi-play an orchestra flute...but I'm not flautist. Just kinda fiddle around with it.
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:29 pm

*thinks of Ashley and Link playing duets*

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:03 am

LOL! Good thought Ink! (I'd love to see a picture of that someday...I have a very nice one in my head at the moment)
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:15 am

Tell me, is it a tradition to take everyone's thread in which they say hello and eventually begin using it for some completely different purpose?

Not that I'm complaining...
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:07 am

Yes. Why? Because it's fun. ;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Who's Who