pH34r t3h PsYch0....

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

pH34r t3h PsYch0....

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:19 am

*looks around to see everyone introducing themselves* Um, ahem, well, I guess I'll drop in on the fun too :grin:

I'm Psycho Ann--just call me Ann--a currently 19 yr old chinese american now in Fremont. Some of you might know me from the online Christian manga/art site Psychoteers. Um... and... ooh! My few fav anime are (not in order) :

- Spriggan
- Akira
- Blood : The Last Vampire
- Princess Mononoke
- Jin-Roh
- Ao no Rokugou (Blue Submarine #6)
- Some others I'm not quite remembering now....

(Notice the pattern?)

And my list of fav manga are... (I'm a manga purist; so the following manga's anime are--in my eyes--"unworthy") :

- Dragonball (and I mean ALL the books)
- Hunter x Hunter; YYH; or anything by Togashi-sama
- One Piece; including Oda-sama's old manga Wanted
- Naruto
- BLAME!; Noise (Nihei-sama is my inking inspiration)
- Bleach
- Violinist of Hameln (the only manga so far to make me laugh out loud in the bookstore just from the few first pages)

Yes, I'm a shonen anime/manga fan. That means no overly shoujo stuff or *gag* yaoi/shonen ai *puke puke*. I have read and watched a TON of anime from all genres over the years and even gone through a Gundam Wing phase when it hasn't even gotten in the US yet.

My GW phase was later knocked aside with my One Piece phase that is now replaced by my DBZ phase :lol: Ironic that I'm a "late" DBZ fan because I've known about it more than 9 years ago and never really read or watched it. Now with all the hype in the US, I sat down and found that yes, Toriyama IS the "father of manga" that inspired mangka to the likes of Naruto or One Piece. The anime kills his work though--and don't even get me started on Dragonball GT :stressed:

Well, been doing secular stuff till about more or less a year ago till I closed down my semi-popular Harry Potter fanart site (shock, gasp) and angst/morbid art site to just concentrate my artsy stuff on Him ^^ I gotta say, that's one decision I'll never regret :thumb:

Whew! I rambled long enough! Nice to know you all~! :jump:

P.S. My fav icon would be this ---> :dance:
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:00 am

Hey Ann! Good to meet ya, hehe ^^;

Yeah, I have to agree that DBZ manga is 50000 times better than the stinkin' anime >< I mean, the dub was bad, but it's not really the Americans that messed it up, it was already messed up :P

Hey, shonen manga is good..I used to be a DBZ -freak- from the day it first came on Toonami, and I mean -the- first day, back in like '98...I liked it before it actually caught on. Then by the time it did catch on, I was sick of it. I still don't watch it ^^;

But, I like some shojo stuff too...only some, not all.

I was a Gundam Wing fan :D But only after it came out in the States. .__. I didn't even know about it until a friend told me..I think I didn't have cable for a while or something and missed out on the beginning...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:20 pm

Ann, if you like Gundam Wing, have you read the mangas that were produced after it? Episode Zero, Blind Target, another one I know I'm forgetting, and Battlefield of the Pacifists (or something like that) are all quite worth it. Blind Target was my favorite; it had a lot to do with the boy's past...and it wasn't overly shojo either. Anyway, I'm gonna post a review soon, but just thought you might be interested. ^^
Ashley

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:46 pm

Shiroi : Arrghhhh dubs!! No coutry or language could ever compare to the orignals! DEATH TO ALL DUBS!!! (Yes, I'm a manga purist AND an anti-dub)

Ashley : Yeah, I read BT and Episode Zero a couple of years ago ^^ I also have the 3 volume GW manga (in Indo). Man, I even have the Endless Waltz special edition with the original Endless Waltz. And I played the GW SNES fighting game too. I was a true GW fan through and through; I don't even have a hated character!! :lol: I'll go check our your review! :dance:
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:52 pm

Hello Ann! just commenting on DBZ, I like the show, never seen the manga, but even with messed up dubbing and stuff, I dont think anybody really pays attention to the story, i just like fighting, lol. anyway..... i'll go beat something up now ..... (looks at the cat) KAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAHAAAAA.....

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Shinja » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:18 pm

hey ann, im matt wecome to the boards.

i only watch DBZ to hear Vagita say really cool stuff

"if reporters come to our door, i will destroy them!"
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:22 pm

I loved the episode were they had the punching machine to see who would get into the world martial arts contest
....... weren't they supost to not show their strength?

'OUT OF MY WAY!" WHAM!!! blasts the poor machine to scrap.... that was great........

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby blue elf » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Hiya Ann!

Wecome to the group!^^

I'm not a real big fan a DBZ. I do like Vegita and Trunks though. Nice to meet another One Piece and Naruto fan. I love those manga! I've read some scanlations of the Violinist of Hameln manga and it is pretty funny.

BlueElf
blue elf

Return to Who's Who